Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1751 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #26251
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

How do you get bushings into and out of a shackle?

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #26252
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

could be worse... you could have driven 5 minutes, spent 45 minutes with the customer, and still not get the job.
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #26253
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
could be worse... you could have driven 5 minutes, spent 45 minutes with the customer, and still not get the job.
This was the 2nd trip out there and if I had driven. 5 minutes I wouldn't have had to leave the house at 6:15 lol.

It's the drive time for a short pointless meeting. Hour and a half wasted

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 05-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #26254
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
, and after a 12 hour work day yesterday It was time to sit down and have dinner rather than sit on the patio sanding a rim.
Sounds like an excuse to me you lazy bum! LOL If you didn't work from wake to sleep you're not motivated to get it done obviously! LOL Or you have a life unlike me...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #26255
sirhk100

Quote:
How do you get bushings into and out of a shackle?
Haven't messed with bushings in a shackle but my experience with bushings has always involved various sockets and a vice, or a hammer and sockets, or last resort, fire... Not kidding either.

Unread 05-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #26256
sirhk100

May have just found the $30 fix to my issue rather then the $200-250 fix!!! The question is now, do I want to try it. If it doesn't work, it just adds that much more $ to my problem. LOL

Unread 05-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #26257
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Sounds like an excuse to me you lazy bum! LOL If you didn't work from wake to sleep you're not motivated to get it done obviously! LOL Or you have a life unlike me...
Well, there are other things I like to have in between wake and sleep other than work. Quite often I need time for eating, drinking, an episode or two of a tv show, sex, more drinking, and extra sleeping!

Quote:
Haven't messed with bushings in a shackle but my experience with bushings has always involved various sockets and a vice, or a hammer and sockets, or last resort, fire... Not kidding either.
Yeah, I've heard about burning them out. I can imagine that'll smell great!

Quote:
May have just found the $30 fix to my issue rather then the $200-250 fix!!! The question is now, do I want to try it. If it doesn't work, it just adds that much more $ to my problem. LOL
Whats the issue again?

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 05-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #26258
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

a propane torch does work good for removing bushings. Make sure you are burning it over something that you do not care about... if you do it over concrete it will stain. I always used a sheet metal drip pan.

I usually let it burn for a little bit then just push the bushing out with a screwdriver. Then dump some water on what is left of the bushing to put the fire out. Also if the bushing has an outer sleeve, make sure that you remove that after all of the rubber is burnt.
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #26259
sirhk100

Quote:
Well, there are other things I like to have in between wake and sleep other than work. Quite often I need time for eating, drinking, an episode or two of a tv show, sex, more drinking, and extra sleeping!

Yeah, I've heard about burning them out. I can imagine that'll smell great!

Whats the issue again?
Sex is the only one on that list that I would break for, the rest are frivolous. Eating and drinking! Hah, you make me laugh!

smells awesome!!! Ditto on the staining whatever it drips onto though! Do it over something you dgaf about.

Custom made axle possibly being wrong length...

Unread 05-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #26260
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

the bushings DO have outer sleeves....crap.

how do i get those out? just pound em out? i've never done this before help, i iz a newb!

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 05-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #26261
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:

Custom made axle possibly being wrong length...
angle grinders can solve alot of problems.

just sayin.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 05-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #26262
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

looking through old pics, this made me a bit sad

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 05-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #26263
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I've always gone the vice and socket route. Or take it to a shop and pay $10-15 to have them press them out.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #26264
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Here is what I was doing at 2am. That's a tow truck taking my 71 and zj to their new storage spots. I actually drove the truck onto the flatbed while my dad was laying over the motor with a 2 liter full of gas. I called 3 tow trucks and the one that finally showed up did within 20mins. I'm glad that hassle is over.
image-2499005384.jpg  
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #26265
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Here is what I was doing at 2am.
is that the one you sold?

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.