Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1747 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Reply
Unread 05-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #26191
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,618
Being out here rust will not be an issue. It is nothing like up north. Clean it up, maybe weld a few patches in, seal it up, then cover it up.

If you plan on wheeling your rig I would hate to see you go through all of that work and have a rock or something bounce up and damage it.

__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #26192
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,339
Rust isn't an issue here at all so I wouldn't stress about it. really the question is how nice of a fix do YOU want. You could weld it up, grind it smooth and paint it and it'll probably outlast your interest in the jeep. LOL Or cut it out and patch it up with one of these...

http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...it=Go&sv=&sa=1
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #26193
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,827
I would go at it with a wire wheel just to see how bad it is. Doesn't look bad at all. Probably just a weld up and go. I've felt with much much worse. But you won't know until you clean it up. . If you can stab a screw driver through it you have a problem. If it makes a solid thud you're good to go.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #26194
matthew900
Senior Member
 
matthew900's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Okay, so we're getting closer to the weekend, does ACTUALLY anybody want to help me on Saturday?
Sorry man, we'll be in LA this weekend.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #26195
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,522
Actually bud, you know what? I retract my former statement. It looks terrible, super super rusty (Powr will agree). I'd venture to say its unsafe and unfit for road or trail use.

Being as I'm such a nice guy, I'd be happy to take the whole jeep off your hands for you, for proper disposal.
__________________
Andrew

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #26196
SoCalHunter
Registered User
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NW Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 48
Glad to hear I can "fix" and not "replace". The integrity of the floor is still good, just has play at the point of the split. I do want to wheel it, just not destroy it. So, I'll let you guys go first! If Marn's waggy don't make it, I'm not following and will take the go around! Hahaha

Thanks again for all of the input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Actually bud, you know what? I retract my former statement. It looks terrible, super super rusty (Powr will agree). I'd venture to say its unsafe and unfit for road or trail use.

Being as I'm such a nice guy, I'd be happy to take the whole jeep off your hands for you, for proper disposal.
You must think I haven't been trolling these parts for long?! LOL
SoCalHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #26197
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Actually bud, you know what? I retract my former statement. It looks terrible, super super rusty (Powr will agree). I'd venture to say its unsafe and unfit for road or trail use.

Being as I'm such a nice guy, I'd be happy to take the whole jeep off your hands for you, for proper disposal.
If for some reason Marn can't do it, I'll take care of proper disposal.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #26198
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalHunter View Post
If Marn's waggy don't make it, I'm not following and will take the go around! Hahaha


I forsee alot of go-arounds in your future.

actually no, because i would actually have to wheel my rig to determine whether or not it can make it through a given obstacle....so....you'll just have to decide on your own haha.
__________________
Andrew

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #26199
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,339
So, I'm friends with the editor in chief at diesel power magazine. I've known the dude since he was a security guard in orange county before his magazine days. Anyways, he just posted a picture on his facebook of them "testing"... He's getting paid to be on some drag strip up in colorado today and they're testing different tuners on a chevy duramax it looks like on the drag strip. The catch is, they have a car trailer with a bobcat hitched up to the back of the truck that they're running on the strip. Before this gig he was the tech editor for 4 wheeler magazine. I hate him basically!

__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #26200
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
So, I'm friends with the editor in chief at diesel power magazine. I've known the dude since he was a security guard in orange county before his magazine days. Anyways, he just posted a picture on his facebook of them "testing"... He's getting paid to be on some drag strip up in colorado today and they're testing different tuners on a chevy duramax it looks like on the drag strip. The catch is, they have a car trailer with a bobcat hitched up to the back of the truck that they're running on the strip. Before this gig he was the tech editor for 4 wheeler magazine. I hate him basically!

several years ago at midight mayhem we saw a beat *** old surburban with a trailer pull up to the line with 2 people riding in it, right next to a late model trans-am.

"no question" we thought.


****ing suburban/trailer was neck and neck with the trans am...then pulled past it and kicked its *** on the 1/4th mile haha, lady in the passenger seat was all wavin' at everbody haha
__________________
Andrew

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #26201
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
So, I'm friends with the editor in chief at diesel power magazine. I've known the dude since he was a security guard in orange county before his magazine days. Anyways, he just posted a picture on his facebook of them "testing"... He's getting paid to be on some drag strip up in colorado today and they're testing different tuners on a chevy duramax it looks like on the drag strip. The catch is, they have a car trailer with a bobcat hitched up to the back of the truck that they're running on the strip. Before this gig he was the tech editor for 4 wheeler magazine. I hate him basically!

Yep that's right off of the 470 to the southwest of Denver. Good to see that they are testing at 5k + feet.

I always wanted to see some racing there. I am sure with that hill right next to it the acoustics must be awesome.
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #26202
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
several years ago at midight mayhem we saw a beat *** old surburban with a trailer pull up to the line with 2 people riding in it, right next to a late model trans-am.

"no question" we thought.


****ing suburban/trailer was neck and neck with the trans am...then pulled past it and kicked its *** on the 1/4th mile haha, lady in the passenger seat was all wavin' at everbody haha

Heading to tech with the race truck the day before the race. I was front car at a red light with a lowered honda next to me. Light turns green and I ease into the throttle. Honda is going... He starts to pull ahead so I ease in a bit more. Probably about 1/8th mile he finally gets annoyed I guess and down shifts and steps on it. I just put it to the floor and stay nose to nose with him up to about 85. At that point I let off cause it was retarded!!! Pretty funny though what a stock 2011 crewcab 4wd 3500 dodge diesel will do with Garza's trailer loaded with the race truck on the back...
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #26203
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,618
This is how close that strip is to the freeway.
dragstrip.jpg  
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #26204
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,618
http://overlandjournal.com/blog/2013...-scenic-byway/



I wanna go
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #26205
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,339
I went wheeling up there back in hs with one of my hs friends. My parents took off up there for 2 weeks and me and my friend took his cherokee that was on 35" swampers which back in '95 was HUGE for a cherokee and met up with them for a week. Did engineer pass and explored all around Ouray, Silverton and Teluride. Black Bear pass was still snowed in but we went up as high we could before the trail was impassible. I've always wanted to go back. There wasn't anything hardcore that we found, like Marn could even do the trails but it was still super scenic and awesome up there!
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.