Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1742 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 05-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #26116
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post

How much did Eco quote you? Just want to know how it compares to what I was quoted with removal of the tint on the Jetta and replacement with the higher end.
Andy I have a steamer that I used to strip the tint on my tj. The biggest problem is the defroster on the rear window. But stream and solvents should work good

Unread 05-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #26117
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
I'd have to look at my notes on my desk at work but I think they were $299 for the windows without any removal cause mine are clear on the higher end stuff. I think they went $209 for the entry level stuff and then another $125 for the windshield tint. I called quite a few places though today but I think that's where it was. That other DC place with the unlimited lifetime warranty is like $100 more and has all the pricing right on their webpage. They also say they have a heat wall where you can actually go see the difference between quality levels and can actually bring in competitor's samples to try. Looking on yelp and various similar pages they're feedback, like eco, is absolutely 100% positive where everyone else except DC and Eco seemed a little hit and miss when reading the reviews I could find.
Thanks! It was actually more expensive to have Eco remove my tint than it was for the tint job itself so I guess I am going to do that part myself. I was really wondering because I wasn't sure if they were tacking on extra charges but it seems based upon the price you were quoted, I think they were straight with me. After having the tint on the Jeep for a bit, I am not really happy with it. The tint on the Jetta is miles ahead in terms of quality. The tint on the Jeep looks good but looking through it leaves a bit to be desired.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #26118
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

Andy I have a steamer that I used to strip the tint on my tj. The biggest problem is the defroster on the rear window. But stream and solvents should work good
I'll probably take you up on that soon.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #26119
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

I'll probably take you up on that soon.
I want to get the wag stripped and retinted. Especially of I fix the AC this summer. Got a guy it by Barstow that offered me half a tank of R12.

What's the easiest way to remove it? Mine is damaged on one of the windows already :-(

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #26120
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

One of these things does not belong.

image-4120759271.jpg

Mmmmmmm shower manhattan. They say alcoholism is a disease. I say it's a lifestyle.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 05-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #26121
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That lifetime warranty thing may be a great idea. Window tint on off road vehicles tends to "streak" from the dust scraping on the windows while rolling up and down. Eventually, it gets bad, or so I've been told. If they cover any an all incidental damage under that warranty, it's a steal. Especially because tint will eventually wear out!
Unread 05-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #26122
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I want to do my tint too. It's purple....lol

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #26123
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Okay off to get a 1 hour massage from danis sister.

Life aint so bad I guess

Quote:

Unread 05-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #26124
sirhk100

Check it...

http://luxurywindowtinting.com/no-fault/

But, the price reflects it as well... You're paying a bit more probably for the coverage.

http://luxurywindowtinting.com/our-pricing-guide/

But the fact they list the prices right there, I really like that!!!

This also would be interesting...

http://luxurywindowtinting.com/feeling-is-believing/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #26125
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Okay off to get a 1 hour massage from danis sister.

Life aint so bad I guess
I was just thinking earlier today that I should go get a massage. Is Dani's sister a masseuse? What types of massage is she trained in? How much does she charge for an hour session?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #26126
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I was just thinking earlier today that I should go get a massage. Is Dani's sister a masseuse? What types of massage is she trained in? How much does she charge for an hour session?
Sorry Andy, she doesn't do "those" types of massages! Haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #26127
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Always trying
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #26128
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
I love pre paying for a rental on a trailer to move some cars to show up at uhaul and be told someone else has picked up what I rented. To make it worse they can't refund money after 5. Fan-freakin-tastic. Now I have to try and move cars tomorrow.
If you get in a pinch and need a car hauler, you are welcome to mine. Just PM and I'll give you my info.

Ricky
Garza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:23 PM   #26129
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG

Sorry Andy, she doesn't do "those" types of massages! Haha
I guess I should have known that someone would turn it into something sexual.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-08-2013, 12:02 AM   #26130
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:

She is a licensed massage therapist. Currently works at JW Marriott and works at the pool at NYNY.

I can ask her what she'd charge. She used to do freelance massage back in IL.

I just buy her a bottle of booze every month or two and get my fill of massages....but then again I'm 'family' and we live together sooooooo.

Lemmie find out. She may be here Saturday. We can wrench/drink all day and you can have her go to work after you are all nasty hahaha.

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.