Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1739 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 05-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #26071
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

speaking of which, you never know on old rigs.

the only way they can assess the real value is by looking at what is for sale around them

check out this kids rig....

He got 6,000 from the insurance company on THAT early 80's wag.

6 freakin grand.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #26072
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
He got 6,000 from the insurance company on THAT early 80's wag.

6 freakin grand.
Thinking that Puck should have wrecked his old rig instead of selling it!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #26073
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

right?

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 05-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #26074
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Makes me want to go get a junker and get it running and insured and drive through the intersection once highschool kids get out kaching
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #26075
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
dude you may be surprised.

I added full coverage to the waggy, and my premium went up like 8 dollars a month. I pay something like $55 a month for full coverage with like $250 deductibles on everything haha.

but then again that probably means they will pay me like $1000 if the truck gets totaled. but then again, you can fight that.

Hell either way $1000 is better than nothing
I'll repeat, 1991 ford explorer (mexican family ride of choice)

and a 1989 toyota pickup (mexican gardening truck of choice)

How much do you really think I'm going to get back? Coverage from liability to full was a difference of like $400 a year. I'll take my chance that I'm not going to "total" the rides in the next few years. Or well how about this, I've only had liability on my yota for the 7 years or so I've owned it. I'm sure I'm ahead on the game if I added up how much I'd have been paying extra vs. what I'd get back if I wreck it. $400 x 7yrs = $2800 not spent. I'm sure they wouldn't give me $2800 back on it if I totaled it, seems like wise financial move to me so far. Not to mention, if I total it, I'll just cut it up and make it better anyways... Me totaling any of the vehicles I currently own would probably be the most epic snowball effect my garage has seen to date!

I did have full coverage on the jeep and the mazda since those actually had a little value. KBB doesn't even go back old enough to bluebook my rides. LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #26076
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Here you go Andy, now you don't have to be lonely anymore!

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/grd/3785355258.html
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #26077
sirhk100

Holy crap!!!! I could get cody a new friend!!! He tries to hump everything else!

wait a second!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how did you even find that thread? I'm pretty sure your insult to Andy isn't even applicable since you actually found that ad!!!

Unread 05-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #26078
sirhk100

Why do auto accessory places like EcoTint only have weekday hours? I guess they assume all of las vegas works on the strip and has weekdays off? I won't be going to them cause I'm not willing to use half a days worth of PTO to get my windows tinted.

Unread 05-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #26079
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I like my inflatable sheep. It doesn't eat, ****, or try to kick or bite me. All I have to do is give it a bath about 3 times a day!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #26080
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Holy crap!!!! I could get cody a new friend!!! He tries to hump everything else!

wait a second!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how did you even find that thread? I'm pretty sure your insult to Andy isn't even applicable since you actually found that ad!!!
I was searching the term "jack" as in trailer jack and that was one of the many ads that popped up.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #26081
sirhk100

Note to self, don't move to london, it's too expensive! Just to get into their rental house assuming the state dept. security team approves of it and the landlord passes the background check that's required, It's gonna cost Jason 5 figures just to get the keys and walk in the door! Holy crap!

Unread 05-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #26082
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
I was searching the term "jack" as in trailer jack and that was one of the many ads that popped up.
Riiiiight....

Unread 05-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #26083
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Why do auto accessory places like EcoTint only have weekday hours? I guess they assume all of las vegas works on the strip and has weekdays off? I won't be going to them cause I'm not willing to use half a days worth of PTO to get my windows tinted.
Go to Sahara Wheels And Tint. (SWAT Motorsports)

They did my magnum and the challenger, Terry takes his limos there.

He hooked us up, but regardless of the hook up, he does really good work.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 05-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #26084
sirhk100

He can do the most amazing work in the world but if he's not open on weekends he's not going to get my money... LOL

Unread 05-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #26085
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
He can do the most amazing work in the world but if he's not open on weekends he's not going to get my money... LOL
I'm telling you, awesome accessories! Google it. His name is Greg, and is a bit of a perfectionist. He's mobile, an will come to you!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.