Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1733 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 05-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #25981
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

^----rofl

Budgeting is all good and dandy, but income does play a huge role in that. It's very difficult to save most times. I know I'll get there eventually, I'm just complaining.
Don't let me give anyone the wrong impression-I may joke about doing shady deals here and there, but I really don't think I would follow through with it. There's too much at stake for me to lose if something went wrong...

Unread 05-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #25982
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

hey pwr I will give you a hint on my daycare cost... I just wrote out this weeks check for $315.

We did find lower day cares around and we actually tried one. Many of the kids there were complete ghetto. Our son picked up hitting really bad and started to not listen.

The main reason that we went with an actual facility is because we did not know anybody here plus we need reliability. With having friends/family or whatever watch your kids it is not always that reliable. What happens when that person gets sick, goes on vacation, or a laundry list of other things.

Our daycare is also set up more like a school. Yes they get free play time, but it is very structured. Emmry is already counting, knows all of her colors, and a bunch of other stuff. Sully is just too smart for his britches and actually has homework that we do with him. Mostly picture/word type stuff. Like right now they are working on spelling a bunch. We will be out in public and he starts reading some of the smaller words that he knows.
Unread 05-06-2013, 05:08 PM   #25983
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

dude we just got a 20 second rain shower here... how much do you want to bet it caused a few accidents.
Unread 05-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #25984
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I ended up having to walk away from a house in Florida. Somehow the home inspector missed the rotted floors when he got under the house. It's was an “as is” sale so I didn't have any recourse. And of course it was the inspector the realtor recommended.

Anyway, I've realized that with a mortgage you never really own your home, it's just a lie we tell ourselves. Most of what you pay is interest in the first few years so unless you plan to stay in a home for 20 or 30 years renting just makes more sense. I'm paying as much into my 401k as I can and I plan to buy a house with my 401k money when I retire.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #25985
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Don't forget how much you have in your 401K is all pre tax. For us when we moved here we actually saved $500 a month by owning instead of buying due to the cost of rent at the time.

We were very lucky though when we bought. Right now our house is actually worth around $15k more than what we bought it for
Unread 05-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #25986
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

So heart broken, the ups guy just drove by my house and did not stop
Unread 05-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #25987
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
on a subject actually related to jeeps, does anyone in here know how to cleanly, and correctly form and flare hard brake lines? I need to redo my rear lines, but im not skilled enough to make them contour to the axle well enough to look good. I know I'm not going to get OEM fit, unless I buy a set for a rubi with disc brakes, but wanna get close. I tried flaring one last night and it leaks like a one year old's drooling mouth!

Got pissed off and stopped for the night.
I'm too far behind to comment on the majority of the stuff here, but I'll take a shot at this one.

My father and I did a decent job forming brake lines and getting good single flares all with rental tools from AZ, that being said, we took a lot of time and really worked on making it look good. Unless you have a REALLY good (I.e. non piece of crap rental from AZ) flare tool, your gonna have a bit of a challenge. If you can get your hands on one, get one that will do a double flare (much better), its really simple. We found a little dab of grease made the flaring a lot better and smoother. Gradual bends with the pipe bender was better than doing the bends all at once.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #25988
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex

What are you in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

your mom
I laughed.

If I told you, I would have to kill you. I work on classified equipment for a classified agency whose primary mission is clandestine operations.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #25989
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Dang.. Just got finished catching up. Oh well, sorry if the flaring advice was too late Powr! That kit you have sucks and doesn't double flare for anything. The bender you have does a great job though and worked really well for us.

BTW *LV JF Crew* sorry I haven't made the get togethers at hooters etc. its a bit of a conflict of interest for me in some cases. How about we go wheeling or something one of these Friday evenings or Saturdays anytime?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #25990
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post

I laughed.

If I told you, I would have to kill you. I work on classified equipment for a classified agency whose primary mission is clandestine operations.
Area 51!?! I don't need to know anymore last thing I need is a sniper looking through my window.
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #25991
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Area 51!?! I don't need to know anymore last thing I need is a sniper looking through my window.
Area 51 deals with aircraft, not snipers. I don't work for those guys.

You honestly think I would waste agency resources on you? If I wanted you gone I would get a Federal Judge to sign a felony warrant and then place a nice little call to either Tony Celeste or Sheriff Bobby Dierks. Should I go ahead and have that done?

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #25992
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

This reminds me of the FBI mug in "the other guys"
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #25993
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Hamlet, how about when you come out we play a little game of "Hunt the Hunter." That was an awesome little game we played in training in which trainees would "hunt" an operator. While we played with simunitions, I would suggest that you and I play with real ammunition. I'll even give you the benefit of a long rifle while I carry a sub-compact handgun. I bet I get close enough to kill you before you get a shot at me. Hell, I'll even give you my starting position without knowing yours!

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #25994
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Hey Hamlet, how about when you come out we play a little game of "Hunt the Hunter." That was an awesome little game we played in training in which trainees would "hunt" an operator. While we played with simunitions, I would suggest that you and I play with real ammunition. I'll even give you the benefit of a long rifle while I carry a sub-compact handgun. I bet I get close enough to kill you before you get a shot at me. Hell, I'll even give you my starting position without knowing yours!
just like that book where there on that island give the victims knives and they Hunters hunt them because animals were not fulfilling there needs? Ok Andy come over hear in My neck of the woods and we can play it in the woods. The desert would be kind of lame and easy. Don't let me forget my glasses I never wear!
an nono I don't want the damn retard crew at my door cpd is so backwards
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #25995
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ok Andy come over hear in My neck of the woods and we can play it in the woods. The desert would be kind of lame and easy. Don't let me forget my glasses I never wear!s
...because people are only trained for the region they're stationed in!? Rofl. I'll take you up on that one! I'll come play in the woods! You think the desert is so easy!? I wanna play! It's not all sand dunes here! You think visibility is so much better out here? Ha!
Much to learn, this one must!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.