Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1732 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinGear Installs at CCOR SpecialSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 05-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #25966
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Our house is roughly 31% of my take home pay, and I think its a steal. Compared to my last house, which was around double that, and was about half the house too! I am ashamed to admit that, because those of you who can put the pieces together, can figure it out. Am I glad things went that way? Hell yes! Am I proud of it, nope! Would I do it again? I won't set myself up like that again, so no. As it turned out, my wife's unemployment, and the birth of our first daughter were the stars that aligned to set us up to fix our problem. I guarantee, I learned a good lesson that I can pass on to others, and my children. I dont see it as much of a negative thing anymore, but I did at first. My parents raised me in the "old school" ways of thought, so I believe in fulfilling obligations. We just got to the point where we were one broken bone or blown head gasket from complete and utter financial ruin. I seriously think they should have an entire year long course in high school that is a no BS look at economics and household finance. They need to teach children what responsibility is, and show them how to succeed in life. They're too busy teaching kids how to be tolerant of gays and minorities' feelings.

Unread 05-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #25967
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I seriously think they should have an entire year long course in high school that is a no BS look at economics and household finance. They need to teach children what responsibility is, and show them how to succeed in life. They're too busy teaching kids how to be tolerant of gays and minorities' feelings.
And there's the problem... why should the school system teach children responsibility? That is part of being a parent. The problem is people don't teach their kids anything, they are way too passive and worried about being their friends. I will never let the government teach my child how to be a responsible adult.
Unread 05-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #25968
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I would Powr, but Sully starts Kindergarten here in a few months. Dual incomes are nice, but it does leave you with less time to keep everything caught up. Don't try to keep up with the Jones' just do the best that you can with what you have.

One of the things that sucks these days is nothing is built to last anymore. You have to spend bookoo cash to get solid wood furniture anymore and all of the particle board craps only lasts around 10 years... Appliances and everything else suck these days unless you go with full blown high end stuff.
Not really keeping up with the joneses type thing. It's more of a "I'm working so many hours, and can't seem to save just 4K to finish my jeep. Can't seem to be able to put enough aside for the babies' college" I REALLY want to get them in self defense training for at least 3-5 years when theyre old enough. I WILL NOT leave them to be defenseless in this world.

Martha could watch the other one, and it would honestly do kim and bri some good to have the interaction with another kid. Kim's still not talking much(gibberish) and the dr wants her in speech therapy. I was just suggesting a beneficial solution for us both. I wouldnt expect to ask for what day care was charging you either. Enough to save you some cash, give our kids some social interaction, and earn us some cash. win-win-win!
Unread 05-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #25969
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
And there's the problem... why should the school system teach children responsibility? That is part of being a parent. The problem is people don't teach their kids anything, they are way too passive and worried about being their friends. I will never let the government teach my child how to be a responsible adult.
Not entirely on the school's part, but if the government is going to be responsible for handing out wellfare checks, then they need to take some responsibility in making sure fewer people need it.
Parents need to be more proactive in their childrens' development, but it would be nice for schools to teach children how the financial systems work. as it is now, many adults dont understand how interest is calculated. adults cannot understand many of the financial rules and how things work!
Unread 05-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #25970
sirhk100

Quote:
And there's the problem... That is part of being a parent. The problem is people don't teach their kids anything, they are way too passive and worried about being their friends.
WTF???? why did you buy a TV? that's what's supposed to teach the kids!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #25971
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
So I know you guys have your hooters first sat of the month thing but I'm proposing something else or in addition... Obviously not everyone's schedule will allow but too bad since there's also a set schedule we have to plan around anyways... My idea...
This sounds like a good time!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #25972
sirhk100

I just don't know if anyone can do this thursday evening, if not, the next is the 30th... I can basically do either on a whim since I'm off work by 4ish and don't need permission for the woman or a baby sitter. LOL

Unread 05-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #25973
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Not really keeping up with the joneses type thing. It's more of a "I'm working so many hours, and can't seem to save just 4K to finish my jeep.
It is all in how you budget. You and I both know it. I can budget for bills and such but after that, I am an impulse buyer. I know this so I put money into savings that I can't readily touch. Times are a bit tougher for me than usual because I now have the car payment to budget for as well. Either way, I know what I am saving for and where my deployment money is going. All the while, I have the plan laid out to sell the Jeep and putting 90% of that towards paying off the car. At some point after the car is payed down a good bit, and I have a paid off truck sitting in my driveway, I'll look at buying a house.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #25974
sirhk100

I think the deployment is some sorta scheme, I just haven't quite figured out what the point of claiming you're going but not really going is yet.

Unread 05-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #25975
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I just don't know if anyone can do this thursday evening, if not, the next is the 30th... I can basically do either on a whim since I'm off work by 4ish and don't need permission for the woman or a baby sitter. LOL
I don't know if anyone else can make it either but I know I can be there! I should have Friday off as well so win-win for me!

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #25976
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I think the deployment is some sorta scheme, I just haven't quite figured out what the point of claiming you're going but not really going is yet.
Deployment brief this Thursday at Creech. Another on the 14th at Nellis. I ain't scheming ****.

The fact of the matter is that we were told we were going, then told we weren't going because some other unit was taking it. Then we were told we are going again, then hurry up and wait. Finally, the money has come and we are going. Not much more to it than that.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #25977
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post

Deployment brief this Thursday at Creech. Another on the 14th at Nellis. I ain't scheming ****.

The fact of the matter is that we were told we were going, then told we weren't going because some other unit was taking it. Then we were told we are going again, then hurry up and wait. Finally, the money has come and we are going. Not much more to it than that.
What are you in?
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #25978
sirhk100

^^^ why do you care?

Unread 05-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #25979
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
What are you in?
your mom
Unread 05-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #25980
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:

your mom
Hehehe that's a knee slapper. I really wasn't expecting that.
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.