Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1731 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #25951
sirhk100

Flat out, greed from every aspect is what got us in the situation and nothing more.

Those of us that lived with in our means and always have that were fortunate enough to have not been laid off during the ***** storm are still cruising along just like any other day. Simple as that... It not like I just went out one day and bought a driveway full of toys, I'm collecting slowly... I do feel for those that lost jobs due to companies going under. That was purely luck of the draw. It's also what got me here in Vegas, I thought I was on the edge of joining that club and jumped ship before it sank. Somehow it's still floating but all the better I did anyways. I watched a ***** ton of my friends that had the sweet toy haulers, the badass buggies, the big river boats, nice trucks, nice houses... They're now renting houses and driving ***** boxes. I'm not sure who's better... At least they got a taste of that life while I was on the outside looking in. Now here we are, they're all scraping to get by jealous that I'm still just cruising along. But honestly, I still wonder what that was like while it existed for them.

that tool should work fine if it's not beat to crap. For bending, I sometimes carefully use a socket or tube and just form the line around that. Just be careful not to kink it. Are you using the tool right? Making a flair and then folding the flair back on itself?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #25952
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
What's your point?
Typically I just use the hand one like this...

there's my problem...I don't have all the pieces that are shown in the pic. Those must go inside the end of the tubing to create the clean flare! Do you have those pieces? would only need them for a few minutes.
Unread 05-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #25953
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
there's my problem...I don't have all the pieces that are shown in the pic. Those must go inside the end of the tubing to create the clean flare! Do you have those pieces? would only need them for a few minutes.
Yeah, if you don't have those, that's for sure your problem!!! I actually don't own one. I've always either rented or borrowed. It's a 2 step process... First one kinda makes the tube flair and bow open, then the 2nd process folds the flair back on itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDSL8AY0lBQ

Unread 05-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #25954
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ah so you are not getting the little roll at the end
Unread 05-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #25955
sirhk100

Yeah, he's probably just creating a small funnel at the end of his line instead of a rolled double flair.

Unread 05-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #25956
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah, he's probably just creating a small funnel at the end of his line instead of a rolled double flair.
Yup, exactly! thats all we need on the tubing at work, because we use nylon "fisheye" washers on everything. Makes sense. Ill hit up Vato-zone and rent one. Thanks for the info. I was super pissed off last night. My lengths will be ok, just need to spend some time and secure everything to the axle tube and route everything so its not in the way of anything else.
Unread 05-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #25957
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Flat out, greed from every aspect is what got us in the situation and nothing more.

Those of us that lived with in our means and always have that were fortunate enough to have not been laid off during the ***** storm are still cruising along just like any other day. Simple as that... It not like I just went out one day and bought a driveway full of toys, I'm collecting slowly... I do feel for those that lost jobs due to companies going under. That was purely luck of the draw. It's also what got me here in Vegas, I thought I was on the edge of joining that club and jumped ship before it sank. Somehow it's still floating but all the better I did anyways. I watched a ***** ton of my friends that had the sweet toy haulers, the badass buggies, the big river boats, nice trucks, nice houses... They're now renting houses and driving ***** boxes. I'm not sure who's better... At least they got a taste of that life while I was on the outside looking in. Now here we are, they're all scraping to get by jealous that I'm still just cruising along. But honestly, I still wonder what that was like while it existed for them.

that tool should work fine if it's not beat to crap. For bending, I sometimes carefully use a socket or tube and just form the line around that. Just be careful not to kink it. Are you using the tool right? Making a flair and then folding the flair back on itself?

yep, it was just the other day that I was talking with Andy about who can actually afford all of these 5000 + sq ft houses around here. Especially when they were priced so high during the boom when they were built.

I could not even imagine paying to keep those houses heated and cooled.
Unread 05-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #25958
sirhk100

Look at the one you get from the zone before you rent it. If the dies look pretty beat up, go find another one. You'll see them all dinged up and haggard looking if they're pretty bad.

Unread 05-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #25959
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Been frustrated with finances lately. Making all the bills and such, but frustrated that we cant seem to get ahead. Then I realize that my wife isn't working(watching the kids, which saves about A third of what she would bring home at a job, but she is taking care of the kids.) Hey, greg, Need a baby sitter? Martha could watch your little demons while you work, and it would be good for our kids to have the interaction with other little ones too. I'm sure we could arrange transportation for you as well? Let me know.
I'm probably setting myself up for a very stressful time, but I'm going to put in for my supervisor's position. I'm tired of being in the field crawling around on my knees and back trying to fix ish in dirty ashed bars and restaurants. I'm almost certain the pay will be less than or equal to what i make now for the hours put in, but at least it will be less physically demanding.
Unread 05-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #25960
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
yep, it was just the other day that I was talking with Andy about who can actually afford all of these 5000 + sq ft houses around here. Especially when they were priced so high during the boom when they were built.

BTW, my house is 20% of my take home after all the crap is taken out of it with no child support. When I rent my room out, it typically drops me down to 7% of my take home goes towards my house. I want to figure out how to make it 0%. My house in Az profits me 2 nice dinners a month! LOL Basically it pays for itself and nothing more.

Unread 05-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #25961
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
A cocktail waitress at the mirage was pissed about a 5k power bill at her 5k sq ft house. She was only slightly upset, like we get when we have a $400 power bill...imagine how much she makes a month for that house. granted, she said she had three roomies, but still! it's at least a 3-5 mil house. had a heated swimming pool...inside! sometimes I wish I was a hot chick instead of this fat boyish one! rofl
Unread 05-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #25962
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Been frustrated with finances lately.
You and marn need to go get drunk it sounds like together some evening! Let me know though, I'll rig up some helmet cams for you guys, it might be great footage!!!

Unread 05-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #25963
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I would Powr, but Sully starts Kindergarten here in a few months. Dual incomes are nice, but it does leave you with less time to keep everything caught up. Don't try to keep up with the Jones' just do the best that you can with what you have.

One of the things that sucks these days is nothing is built to last anymore. You have to spend bookoo cash to get solid wood furniture anymore and all of the particle board craps only lasts around 10 years... Appliances and everything else suck these days unless you go with full blown high end stuff.
Unread 05-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #25964
sirhk100

So I know you guys have your hooters first sat of the month thing but I'm proposing something else or in addition... Obviously not everyone's schedule will allow but too bad since there's also a set schedule we have to plan around anyways... My idea...

$1 budweiser beer night at Thursday 51's games. I don't even like baseball but it's fun. Next one is either this Thursday or on the 30th. Figure it out between now and then. I usually buy the cheapest tickets possible, then head up above 3rd base and sit on the railing cause it's usually a short beer line up there, nice indoor bathrooms are a short walk and well, it's a good view down chicks shirts from up there too which is the only reason you go to hooters anyways since the food there sucks. Tickets are like $10 and you figure it's $2 a beer assuming you toss a $1 tip. Or if you wanna make it even cheaper, we buy rounds and each round that person drops a $1 tip. LOL Yes, you beer yuppies will *****, that's fine, spend more for your beer, I'm just suggesting a good $20 night at the ball park with beer!

See that area with tables and stuff to the left of the bleachers, yeah, that's fair game, first come first serve and it's *****in up there!!! Usually it's not super crowded or at least it used to not be cause it seemed like hardly anyone knew about that area. Hopefully it's still like that.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=las+v...evada&t=h&z=20

Unread 05-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #25965
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
BTW, my house is 20% of my take home after all the crap is taken out of it with no child support. When I rent my room out, it typically drops me down to 7% of my take home goes towards my house. I want to figure out how to make it 0%. My house in Az profits me 2 nice dinners a month! LOL Basically it pays for itself and nothing more.

just wait until the mortgage is paid off. Then it will be income. It is all about the money flow. If you ever get bored read some of Robert Kiyosaki's books. It will really get you thinking about money in a different way.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.