Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1730 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Flowmaster Discount Code! Thank you JeepForum Members!!!!!Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Labor Day Sale!

Unread 05-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #25936
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

got real busy in here all of a sudden!

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #25937
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
the only credit that matters is street credit... and you fools don't have any.
It's cause I'm white! I should have some cred, I married an esa! Gringo here! Lol
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #25938
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
got real busy in here all of a sudden!
All it takes is for someone(<----) to say something stupid/illegal/immoral, and the whole thread turns on him. Imagine that....jeep guys are stand up, good, moral people!? Who woulda thought?! Lol
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #25939
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

screw you racist ****s I am getting a samari
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #25940
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
All it takes is for someone(<----) to say something stupid/illegal/immoral, and the whole thread turns on him. Imagine that....jeep guys are stand up, good, moral people!? Who woulda thought?! Lol
You forgot gun toting! Everybody in here loves guns except Khris but then again, no Jeep for him anymore!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #25941
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

You forgot gun toting! Everybody in here loves guns except Khris but then again, no Jeep for him anymore!
Could have just included patriotic to blanket all of the other stuff too!
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #25942
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
What's a samari? Did you mean samurai? Huh, and you type and read all day?
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #25943
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
You know that you are actually thinking about getting a Sumo but that doesn't sound near as cool as Samurai. You just want a Sumo so that someone around here has moobs bigger than yours!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #25944
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

on a subject actually related to jeeps, does anyone in here know how to cleanly, and correctly form and flare hard brake lines? I need to redo my rear lines, but im not skilled enough to make them contour to the axle well enough to look good. I know I'm not going to get OEM fit, unless I buy a set for a rubi with disc brakes, but wanna get close. I tried flaring one last night and it leaks like a one year old's drooling mouth!

Got pissed off and stopped for the night.
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #25945
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

and here is my whole thought about the whole foreclosure stuff. You cannot think of it as you took a loan out with your best friend or family. You took a loan out with a bank that should have done their research into you before giving you the loan. With any type of loan there is always risk involved. If you honestly think that a bank is going to hold on to any asset that is worth 25% of what they owe on it, then you are crazy. They are going to walk away from it. It happens all of the time.

What I find so freaking amusing about the whole housing stuff is that I never once heard anything about the realtors. The realtors were the ones making a killing off all of the housing stuff. Back then, they had appraisers, inspectors, builders, and even banks in their pockets. Do you honestly believe that the bank sent appraisers out to your house. No they required and trusted the realtor's or the title company to do it.

Why do you think they made it a law now that realtors cannot pick appraisers. They now have a pool of appraisers that they pull from randomly. Not only that but now they have to provide data based on recent real estate transactions. They can no longer see the loan amount or anything. They are actually not even supposed to have contact with the realtor anymore.

Now on the flip side if you are only making $40k a year and you apply and get approved for a $400k mortgage... then you are stupid to think that you can cover the payments. I think right now our mortgage is roughly 12% of our take home pay after investments. Crap our daycare is more expensive than our mortgage... FML
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #25946
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
on a subject actually related to jeeps, does anyone in here know how to cleanly, and correctly form and flare hard brake lines? I need to redo my rear lines, but im not skilled enough to make them contour to the axle well enough to look good. I know I'm not going to get OEM fit, unless I buy a set for a rubi with disc brakes, but wanna get close. I tried flaring one last night and it leaks like a one year old's drooling mouth!

Got pissed off and stopped for the night.
what are you using to flare it?
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #25947
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
A two piece flaring tool that we use at work for flaring tubing. There may be a better tool out there. I'll post a pic of it in a minute.
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #25948
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
What's your point?

Quote:
It's cause I'm white! I should have some cred, I married an esa! Gringo here! Lol
I know damn well I got white boy street cred, I just rolled to lunch on coilovers with marlyn manson blasting "user friendly"... And if you don't know the song, you should...

Quote:
Hopefully a flairing tool? Power, just go rent the line bender and tool from autozone for free. Actually scratch that, the dies from the rental ones are typically complete crap. Go buy a double flair kit from harbor freight and rent the bending tool if you don't wanna spend the extra couple bucks on one from HF also while you're there. I redid all the hard lines on jason's truck. Not too hard. Not the sexiest but they work and are outta the way.

I used a hydro one when i did Jason's like this...

But that was cause I had a TON to do... Typically I just use the hand one like this...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #25949
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
and here is my whole thought about the whole foreclosure stuff. You cannot think of it as you took a loan out with your best friend or family. You took a loan out with a bank that should have done their research into you before giving you the loan. With any type of loan there is always risk involved. If you honestly think that a bank is going to hold on to any asset that is worth 25% of what they owe on it, then you are crazy. They are going to walk away from it. It happens all of the time.

What I find so freaking amusing about the whole housing stuff is that I never once heard anything about the realtors. The realtors were the ones making a killing off all of the housing stuff. Back then, they had appraisers, inspectors, builders, and even banks in their pockets. Do you honestly believe that the bank sent appraisers out to your house. No they required and trusted the realtor's or the title company to do it.

Why do you think they made it a law now that realtors cannot pick appraisers. They now have a pool of appraisers that they pull from randomly. Not only that but now they have to provide data based on recent real estate transactions. They can no longer see the loan amount or anything. They are actually not even supposed to have contact with the realtor anymore.

Now on the flip side if you are only making $40k a year and you apply and get approved for a $400k mortgage... then you are stupid to think that you can cover the payments. I think right now our mortgage is roughly 12% of our take home pay after investments. Crap our daycare is more expensive than our mortgage... FML
Totally agree! also, don't forget that in 2006, we had the media, government, association of realtors, and builders telling everyone that if they didnt get into a house now, that there wouldn't be enough houses to fill the demand. they created a panic that a lot of people fed into. Everyone was to blame for it, and its just sort of a shame that consumers get demonized for making the business decision to file BK when they realized they made a bad business decision in the first place. A mortgage is a business contract, not a handshake agreement. That bank would dump on you the first chance they get. It shouldnt be a double standard.
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #25950
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

This is the flaring tool I'm using...

image-460096422.jpg

And the bender...

image-1096380212.jpg

The bender is way big for trying to make the precise bends I need.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.