Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1729 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 05-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #25921
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

precisely the thinking that got our country/economy where it is right now.
...not entirely. It was more of a "I'm going to buy this house, even though I can't afford it, and then try to sell it next year at an artificially inflate price. Oh, crap home values plummeted before I could sell. Time to foreclose or BK."
Or "my credit is awesome, so I'm going to charge everything to the gills and then file BK."
And "We auto makers can't manage our businesses, so we'll get the government to bail us out and close factories and dealerships so the unemployment rate skyrockets when they send the manufacturing overseas saving us in labor costs because the unions have grossly overinflated salaries."
Many factors contributed to the economy. Much of it was irresponsibility on the parts of consumers and government.

Unread 05-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #25922
sirhk100

I aided in the downfall of society! When I was remodeling my house back in '09... Did you guys hear stories of people just gutting and trashing their houses that they were loosing which effectively screwed the banks cause they were left with a carcass of a house that wasn't worth crap and could only be sold to a cash investor as a massive investment project? Well I wasn't one of the people that trashed my house... I was one of the people watching craigslist for people doing that and walking in with my tools and stripping the house down and buying stuff off the owner loosing the house. I bought closet doors, window coverings and other stuff. STUPID CHEAP!!! It was a pretty crazy experience walking into these nice houses and there'd be 10 other people in there ripping stuff out of these houses and handing the owner standing there cash as they walk out the door with whatever they just ripped off the walls basically. It was as if moved all my belongings out of my house and then just said "hey, everything in my house is for sale for fractions of pennies on the dollar, you do the work and pay me as you leave". I'm talking completely gutting kitchens!!! Pulling out plumbing, pulling light fixtures, wall plates, yard decor, pool pumps, anything and everything! These houses were basically an empty trashed shell when the owner walked away and they had cash in their pocket from selling the guts out of the inside of the house. It was actually a pretty f'ed up situation but I was in the midst of my remodel dropping 5 figures and looking for deals left and right. Hey, you wanna sell me all the blinds in your house for $50 that are in great shape and the sizes I need, you damn well can bet I'll be there to take them off your shady hands, technically, at that point, they still owned the goods. LOL

I'm not a saint but I also haven't killed anyone recently at least...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #25923
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well, my credit is in the capper, but that's another story for another day(it's complicated, and contributory to the problem.) I have ONE credit card that I never use. My wife has ONE credit card that's same as cash during special financing periods. We have NO debt other than the house(which is why the jeep isn't done.)
I was simply offering an idea to get rid of a vehicle and maybe make some coin. Is it unsavory, of course, but it seems one cannot do exceptionally well these days without being unsavory at some point or another. I see people driving 7-series BMWs and many times I see drug deals or prostitution going down through the windows/doors. How can someone that doesn't have a job drive an 80k car? Well fare isn't THAT good.
All I'm saying is sometimes, you have to play the game by bending some rules if you hope to win.
Unread 05-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #25924
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Or "my credit is awesome, so I'm going to charge everything to the gills and then file BK."

Many factors contributed to the economy. Much of it was irresponsibility on the parts of consumers and government.
I agree that many factors contributed. However, regardless of credit rating, how is this any different than what you are scheming? You would be taking out a loan that you have no intention of ever paying back. Any strides you have made towards improving your credit score would be wiped out for the next 7 years. To top it off, what Whitey is supposedly worth (i.e. KBB price) and what it would actually go for at auction are two completely different things. You are still on the hook for the difference meaning that it could be on your credit for a hell of a lot longer than 7 years.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #25925
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well if you wanna get really shady, put full coverage on it and "disappear it!" No difference, an people do that often. Not saying I would or have, but just saying. Thus, why I posted, "just sayin" in the original post.
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #25926
sirhk100

Quote:
How can someone that doesn't have a job drive an 80k car? Well fare isn't THAT good.
If you're ever bored, head to the ace hardware on flamingo and pecos and check out the parking lot on most weekday afternoons. It's amazing the nice rides in there in front of that welfare department!

Unread 05-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #25927
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, my credit is in the capper, but that's another story for another day(it's complicated, and contributory to the problem.) I have ONE credit card that I never use. My wife has ONE credit card that's same as cash during special financing periods. We have NO debt other than the house(which is why the jeep isn't done.)
I was simply offering an idea to get rid of a vehicle and maybe make some coin. Is it unsavory, of course, but it seems one cannot do exceptionally well these days without being unsavory at some point or another. I see people driving 7-series BMWs and many times I see drug deals or prostitution going down through the windows/doors. How can someone that doesn't have a job drive an 80k car? Well fare isn't THAT good.
All I'm saying is sometimes, you have to play the game by bending some rules if you hope to win.
If that is the only debt you have, you are already on your way to a better credit score. Don't muck that up. It is difficult to climb out of the hole. I know, I have been there. If you are looking for a way to buy the lift for your Jeep right now, there are better ways to go about it.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #25928
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well if you wanna get really shady, put full coverage on it and "disappear it!" No difference, an people do that often. Not saying I would or have, but just saying. Thus, why I posted, "just sayin" in the original post.
Loan fraud, insurance fraud...

Can I get an AMEN!

Edit: go for computer fraud to get the trifecta!

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #25929
sirhk100

Quote:
that's easy to get away with! Just don't do it a 2nd time. I've got a couple friends from san diego that can tell you first hand the penalty when you get caught. LOL They're kinda dumb!!! BTW, a lowered dodge neon is more then capable of a 40' double with about 4' of air in ocotillo wells. Just saying... I mean, that's what I heard cause of course I didn't see it with my own eyes or work on getting it drivable so we could hit it again back when I was about 17y/o.

Unread 05-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #25930
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I have a score of 792. I grew up DIRT poor. Watching my parents make tough financial decisions really scared me and I decided that wasn't going to happen to me. Im still not rich by any means but I don't have a credit card, no loans. My wife's student loans keep me up at night. $96,000 is a hell of a lot of money! I don't spend more then $100 without really thinking it through. When I bought my last gun, it took me 2 months to justify it. My wife and friends give me **** constantly for being tight with money, but it works for me.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #25931
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Loan fraud, insurance fraud...

Can I get an AMEN!
AMEN! I wouldn't wanna do that, because I like not being a felon!
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #25932
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

If you're ever bored, head to the ace hardware on flamingo and pecos and check out the parking lot on most weekday afternoons. It's amazing the nice rides in there in front of that welfare department!
My point exactly. Now walk up to any of them and ask if they're holding! I'm willing to bet, you could get just about any drug your heart could desire in that parking lot! It's just sick!
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #25933
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
AMEN! I wouldn't wanna do that, because I like not being a felon!
I don't tell racist jokes anymore because racism is a crime and crime is for minorities.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #25934
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

If you are looking for a way to buy the lift for your Jeep right now, there are better ways to go about it.
No doubt! I'm not down for doing anything illegal or something that's going to hurt someone. I'm just ranting the victim in that we all work hard for our income, and these fools can mooch from the gov and sell drugs and steal to get all the comforts life can provide without much effort. I would really like to find a job that could at least bump me into the middle of middle class!
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #25935
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

the only credit that matters is street credit... and you fools don't have any.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.