Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1710 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #25636
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I want to play lol

image-2546941980.jpg  
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #25637
sirhk100

Like I said, me personally, I'm a fan of a big stack of lug terminals on my positive battery clamp... Just sayin... It's worked fine for me since I was 16y/o so why change now?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #25638
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

AND FWIW, the Spod is probably the best investment anyone with a full bodied rig that has a factory wiring system in tact could ever get for electrical accessories.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #25639
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I want one, just don't want to shell out the coin
Unread 05-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #25640
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So where are these spods available at and for how much?
I am simply getting power and fusing the accessories at this block rather than at the battery. The relays and switches will be used as intended by the accessories' manufacturers. All wiring will be run inside a sheath and grommets at body points to prevent chafing.
I may be going about this in the wrong way? Maybe I should just build a small bracket and mount it closer to the battery with open space to mount relays on said bracket. I had not planned on running ANY accessory through just a switch, that's a bad time waiting to happen for sure!
Unread 05-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #25641
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post

Post pics so that maybe Powr will get over his fear of the drill.
Drills are not for girls lol. My gfs brother told his mom that the other day.
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #25642
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post

Drills are not for girls lol. My gfs brother told his mom that the other day.
Dr can prescribe me some meds for these herpes, they just keep coming back
Unread 05-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #25643
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Just in case anybody here thinks they can sell their car for what they put into it plus labor, you should talk to this guy!! I honestly think that it is powr's kin.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3778963011.html
Unread 05-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #25644
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Just in case anybody here thinks they can sell their car for what they put into it plus labor, you should talk to this guy!! I honestly think that it is powr's kin.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3778963011.html
Even I think he's karazay!
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #25645
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
I am simply getting power and fusing the accessories at this block rather than at the battery. The relays and switches will be used as intended by the accessories' manufacturers. All wiring will be run inside a sheath and grommets at body points to prevent chafing.
I may be going about this in the wrong way? Maybe I should just build a small bracket and mount it closer to the battery with open space to mount relays on said bracket. I had not planned on running ANY accessory through just a switch, that's a bad time waiting to happen for sure!
So where in this does the fuse block come into play? Think of electrical components that use a relay as having a high side and a low side. The circuit with the switch is the low side because it uses less power. The side with the component would be the high side. Where in you grand plan are these fuses going to go? Low side before the switch? Low side after the switch? High side before the relay? High side after the relay but before the component? High side after the component?

Because you can run all the switches off of one fuse, I am going to assume you are planning on running this on the high side? So you are going to have relays in the engine compartment running the wiring to and from? You just doubled the amount of wiring you are going to be using. Maybe you are planning on running it between the switch and relay? That is probably not the greatest being that that circuit is already protected by the fuse before the switch. So are you going to run this before or after the relay?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #25646
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I really want an s-pod. They're so clean

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #25647
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Andy...

image-2332862759.jpg

The fuse block is essentially replacing the fuses on the white and yellow wires here. The relays will stay under the hood, or wherever they need to be due to length, but the white/yellow ones will be lengthened, if needed. They're already quite long. All I'm doing is removing connections from on/around the battery.
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #25648
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Andy...

The fuse block is essentially replacing the fuses on the white and yellow wires here. The relays will stay under the hood, or wherever they need to be due to length, but the white/yellow ones will be lengthened, if needed. They're already quite long. All I'm doing is removing connections from on/around the battery.
By that diagram, you are using two fuses for each component. Does your fuse block have enough room for that?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #25649
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

By that diagram, you are using two fuses for each component. Does your fuse block have enough room for that?
I believe so, depending on what eventually gets added to it. Currently, there will be plenty of slots for everything, with some room to grow.
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #25650
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

you will want to run all of your control voltage off of one fuse and circuit. Then the circuit can break off into parallel circuits to power each relay.

If you want to get all fancy you can run a relay for your switched power and have the relay close using accessory power from the Jeep. This way none of the switches will be active without the key on (Keeps your battery from going dead.)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.