Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1701 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Reply
Unread 04-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #25501
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
That'll be a short lives conversation. Marn doesn't do things to his waggy. He just hems and haws about it. Couldn't Ben bring himself to I stall a locker.
Wait, you didn't do the locker? I thought I read somewhere you did? Get work done yo! You ain't got kids, you got your woman trained unlike the other slackers in here, you ain't got no debt... Get wit it yo!


Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
maybe if you spend some more time deciding where to drill your holes and posting pictures then you would have some girly soft lotion hands.
LOL, crap!!! That's what I'm doing wrong! Actually the deal is, I have lotion on an end table in my living room and I use it when I watch TV. Like pretty much every time I turn on the TV I grab the remote, turn it on, figure out what I'm watching, then lube them suckas up. The problem is, I only frequent my living room and TV 2 or 3 times a week if I'm lucky these days. I bet EVERY SINGLE person at the iphone store has nice soft hands and super clean fingernails with no grease under them.

__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #25502
Grand_ZJ
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 1,046
Good morning everyone.

I use lotion all the time especially during the summer. I hate having dry cracking hands.
__________________
1996 XJ Sport
Grand_ZJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #25503
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
lol, crap!!! That's what i'm doing wrong! Actually the deal is, i have lotion and a box of tissue on an end table in my living room and i use it when i watch tv. Like pretty much every time i turn on the tv i grab the remote, turn it on, figure out what i'm watching, then lube them suckas up and rub one out. The problem is, i only frequent my living room and tv 2 or 3 times a week if i'm lucky these days, i spend more time watching interweb porn. I bet every single person at the iphone store has nice soft hands and super clean fingernails with no grease under them.
fify.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #25504
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,490
You're right andy, i do actually have lotion and a box of tissue on the end table but I'm also a normal person that tries to use it on my hands when I can and rather then picking my nose 100% of the time like I do in the garage, I prefer to blow it while in the house.

If you think my computer is good enough to watch internet porn, you're welcome to come over and give it a shot yourself! Something about waiting 10 minutes for a 60 second video to load though isn't conducive to that hobby. I actually do go out with the female species on weekend nights. Ever notice I typically don't work all day and NIGHT on the weekends?
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #25505
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
You're right andy, i do actually have lotion and a box of tissue on the end table but I'm also a normal person that tries to use it on my hands when I can and rather then picking my nose 100% of the time like I do in the garage, I prefer to blow it while in the house.

If you think my computer is good enough to watch internet porn, you're welcome to come over and give it a shot yourself! Something about waiting 10 minutes for a 60 second video to load though isn't conducive to that hobby. I actually do go out with the female species on weekend nights. Ever notice I typically don't work all day and NIGHT on the weekends?
Maybe I should have said I fixed it for me.

I suck at life.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #25506
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Wait, you didn't do the locker? I thought I read somewhere you did? Get work done yo! You ain't got kids, you got your woman trained unlike the other slackers in here, you ain't got no debt... Get wit it yo!
Right?

I dont want to have to do the work all over again when i decide I don't like it.

I'll probably throw it in the back....but we'll see.
__________________
-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #25507
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
Good morning everyone.

I use lotion all the time especially during the summer. I hate having dry cracking hands.
try using different soap.

I sometimes get this type of eczema on my hands. Its called pompholyx or dyshidrosis eczema. I just get it on 1 finger on each hand. Doctors have no idea what causes it, but its related to stress and heat/sweat and some other weird stuff. It appears on hands and feet only. No cure, its no contagious or anything, just a weird thing. Some people get it awful and their hands blister and crack to the point where they cant use them. I jsut get little tiny blisters under the skin that itch and eventually dry up and crack, minor discomfort but nothing major.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is it would show up every summer for the past several years. I would pop the tiny blisters with a pin, put on ointment, and jsut deal with it. I was reading about it and apparently there is a chemical in soap, body wash, shampoo etc that is called "Sodium Lauryl Sulfate" that is a skin irritant. Seems weird that it would be in soap and whatnot. Some stuff i rerad said to avoid it. As soon as I did, the eczema started to go away, or not get worse. I switched soaps maybe 3 weeks ago and its all but gone on my2 fingers where i get it.

Also, switched shampoo, and now my head doesn't itch, dandruff has gone away, beard doesn't itch, and I dont get dry skin under my beard anymore either.

Turns out that stuff was in my shampoo (head and shoulders, and suave), my body wash (old spice) and any of the hand soap i was using (equate or dial or whatever). ever since getting rid of it i've had way less problems with dry skin.

Just something to think about?

sorry to be all off tipoc, back to jeeps, or, well, explorers.
__________________
-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #25508
Puck81
Web Wheeler
 
Puck81's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

try using different soap.

I sometimes get this type of eczema on my hands. Its called pompholyx or dyshidrosis eczema. I just get it on 1 finger on each hand. Doctors have no idea what causes it, but its related to stress and heat/sweat and some other weird stuff. It appears on hands and feet only. No cure, its no contagious or anything, just a weird thing. Some people get it awful and their hands blister and crack to the point where they cant use them. I jsut get little tiny blisters under the skin that itch and eventually dry up and crack, minor discomfort but nothing major.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is it would show up every summer for the past several years. I would pop the tiny blisters with a pin, put on ointment, and jsut deal with it. I was reading about it and apparently there is a chemical in soap, body wash, shampoo etc that is called "Sodium Lauryl Sulfate" that is a skin irritant. Seems weird that it would be in soap and whatnot. Some stuff i rerad said to avoid it. As soon as I did, the eczema started to go away, or not get worse. I switched soaps maybe 3 weeks ago and its all but gone on my2 fingers where i get it.

Also, switched shampoo, and now my head doesn't itch, dandruff has gone away, beard doesn't itch, and I dont get dry skin under my beard anymore either.

Turns out that stuff was in my shampoo (head and shoulders, and suave), my body wash (old spice) and any of the hand soap i was using (equate or dial or whatever). ever since getting rid of it i've had way less problems with dry skin.

Just something to think about?

sorry to be all off tipoc, back to jeeps, or, well, explorers.
Thanks for that info. I have been having dry skin issues on my face under my beard too. My hands are totaly effd up from work, so i dont think i can fix that.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #25509
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,191
So now this is a men's hygiene thread? wth? haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #25510
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

sorry to be all off tipoc, back to jeeps, or, well, explorers.
Well jeep owners just hmmm and hah over what they're going to do and take pictures of what they'd like to do and discuss what they'd like to do so I figured I'd show pictures of what actually doing that stuff you talk about looks like when you actually sit down and do it.
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #25511
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Thanks for that info. I have been having dry skin issues on my face under my beard too. My hands are totaly effd up from work, so i dont think i can fix that.
few more beard tricks:

condition it regularly, but you should only shampoo it maybe once a week.

oil. Grapeseed is good, olive oil works, jojoba oil is even better. literally oil your beard/skin if its super dry. They make products for this as well, but I tried just oil and it seemed to help.

In regard to all of your skin, it generally takes 2 weeks to notice an actual "change" in your skin. You wont get instant results but keep up with it.

Lastly, seriously, drink a **** ton of water, that helps with alot.
__________________
-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #25512
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Well jeep owners just hmmm and hah over what they're going to do and take pictures of what they'd like to do and discuss what they'd like to do so I figured I'd show pictures of what actually doing that stuff you talk about looks like when you actually sit down and do it.
hey, i'd do alot more if i was able to keep my jeep in my garage too, or hell, even in my driveway or on the street.

I hate the house/neighborhood i live in. Too bad i didn't have any say in that purchase.
__________________
-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #25513
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I was reading about it and apparently there is a chemical in soap, body wash, shampoo etc that is called "Sodium Lauryl Sulfate" that is a skin irritant. Seems weird that it would be in soap and whatnot..
It is a foaming agent. It is relatively cheap compared to other foaming agents hence the reason it is found in most soaps. Believe it or not, it can be found in most toothpastes as well. Years ago, there was an e-mail hoax that went around saying that it was a major cause of cancer but that wasn't true.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #25514
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
It is a foaming agent. It is relatively cheap compared to other foaming agents hence the reason it is found in most soaps. Believe it or not, it can be found in most toothpastes as well. Years ago, there was an e-mail hoax that went around saying that it was a major cause of cancer but that wasn't true.
I'll give you a foaming agent.....

but it wont be cheap!
__________________
-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #25515
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I hate the house/neighborhood i live in. Too bad i didn't have any say in that purchase.
I've said it many a time, I could've afforded a nice newer home in a cool gated area with all those awesome HOA's that keep houses looking pretty but then again, I wouldn't be able to do the things I do. Although, then I could watch more TV, have smooth hands and well, I'm not sure what else I'd do... That and I wanted disposable income... Without a roomie, my house payment is about 20% of my take home. With a roomie... LOL well, it's just dumb! (I know those numbers equate to something in your head...)
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.