Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #241
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

our wine party thats happening on saturday! you better be here...

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #242
YOJIK
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Trust me, I'll need that. Tomorrow will be my 10th day straight of work!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yojiks-2006-tj-build-thread-1158011/"]My Build Thread[/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f161/official-las-vegas-southern-nevada-wheelin-thread-1104394/"]Las Vegas Southern Nevada Thread[/URL]
YOJIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 10:35 PM   #243
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

nice! see you and reggie there. Er...here.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 02-11-2011, 12:36 AM   #244
YOJIK
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here are those pictures I promised

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yojiks-2006-tj-build-thread-1158011/"]My Build Thread[/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f161/official-las-vegas-southern-nevada-wheelin-thread-1104394/"]Las Vegas Southern Nevada Thread[/URL]
Unread 02-11-2011, 05:37 AM   #245
Javery
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOJIK View Post
Trust me, I'll need that. Tomorrow will be my 10th day straight of work!
Quit your complaining slacker. It's not like your actually working or anything, plus you get all that quality time with management.
Javery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 10:28 PM   #246
YOJIK
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javery View Post
Quit your complaining slacker. It's not like your actually working or anything, plus you get all that quality time with management.

Whats left of it... Did you hear about what happened on Friday night?

Unread 02-15-2011, 01:47 AM   #247
Javery
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOJIK View Post
Whats left of it... Did you hear about what happened on Friday night?
Text me when you have time. I am off tomorrow.
Javery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2011, 04:59 AM   #248
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Someone in vegas, here on the boards, has a swr meter? no? Can i use/borrow to tune my antenna and cb? thanks.
LVLF4LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2011, 11:47 AM   #249
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Did you get one with a tunable tip?

I've installed several CB's and never bothered to tune them. The distances we use them at it never seems to matter...even when cruising down the highway to and from trails.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 02-16-2011, 02:27 PM   #250
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Did you get one with a tunable tip?

I've installed several CB's and never bothered to tune them. The distances we use them at it never seems to matter...even when cruising down the highway to and from trails.
Not the tunable tip, but I cant even comprehend how to tune an antenna. They say to tune all antenna when installed, tunable tip or not, cause it can damage your CB if too much ______ is present.
LVLF4LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #251
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

meh. dont sweat it.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 02-16-2011, 08:44 PM   #252
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

I have an SWR, but not sure how you tune one without a tip? There's a little screw on mine for adjusting.

Anyways, to be honest I didn't notice a huge difference before/after tuning.
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)
VegasMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 12:53 AM   #253
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMatt View Post
not sure how you tune one without a tip? There's a little screw on mine for adjusting.
Too much info, pal.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 02-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #254
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Too much info, pal.
hardy har har
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)
VegasMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #255
Death_Valley_TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=LVLF4LO;10990432] They say to tune all antenna when installed, tunable tip or not, cause it can damage your CB if too much ______ is present.QUOTE]

reflected power

It's not absoulutely necessary to tune your antenna. You may or may not notice any performance gains if you do tune the antenna. However, it's nice to know that you are in the ballpark. A simple SWR check will also check your antenna ground and coax. Although not too common, reflected power can kill a CB transmitter. Send me a PM and maybe I can be of some assistance. I have an SWR meter you can use.
Death_Valley_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.