Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1698 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-29-2013, 10:59 PM   #25456
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
What's the reasoning? MPG or?

honestly I just don't see the need. Yes I have used my skid plates but I have gotten pretty much everywhere that I want to go.

Keeping the mpg crappy instead of crappier is a plus!!

35 inch tires are not cheap, generally around $350ish each. Where as I you can generally find rubi take offs with rims for around $800. I got my current set for $700. You can ask anyone that has seen my rig on the trail... I don't mind hitting my rims.

If I ever did end up doing a lift, I would probably just go with a 3.5 AEV kit. and keep on using the stock wheels. But even then that would still end up setting me back almost $4k. I got 4.10's just incase I ever decided to upgrade so would not have to regear.

Unread 04-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #25457
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Life can really be simplified to this: It is nothing more than a series of connections and relationships. Connections are our day today interactions with strangers and people we meet an converse with. Relationships are friendships and families. There are varying degrees of relationships, and that's fine and normal. HOW we react to and treat those relationships and connections define who we are as humans.

If you are rude and disrespectful to everyone you don't know, what does that say about who you are? If you treat friends and family like they're rungs in a ladder for personal gain, what does that say about you?

Our time here could be so much improved if we tried to put aside our pride and embarrassments and embrace others as the important individuals we all are. I know this series of rants isn't like me in its content, and just as usual, later on, usually a couple of days, we will have forgotten the lessons taught to us by these events and continue on as though we didn't learn a thing.

I just sincerely hope that we all can take something positive away from events such as these and become better human beings because of them.
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #25458
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
honestly I just don't see the need. Yes I have used my skid plates but I have gotten pretty much everywhere that I want to go.

Keeping the mpg crappy instead of crappier is a plus!!

35 inch tires are not cheap, generally around $350ish each. Where as I you can generally find rubi take offs with rims for around $800. I got my current set for $700. You can ask anyone that has seen my rig on the trail... I don't mind hitting my rims.

If I ever did end up doing a lift, I would probably just go with a 3.5 AEV kit. and keep on using the stock wheels. But even then that would still end up setting me back almost $4k. I got 4.10's just incase I ever decided to upgrade so would not have to regear.
That's if you buy all new....
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #25459
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

geez powr stop with the debbie downer stuff. People that kill themselves are just selfish assclowns. Just glad that he only plugged himself instead of trying to take a bunch of people with him.

Get under your rig and get that thing together so you can come out to hooters on Sat night.
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:04 PM   #25460
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ
Well put powr well put.

Andy sorry to hear about your coworker, very tragic that it happened to him. But sounds like he'll be just fine and come out good as new.
Hey, sorry for the wrong number. That was me that called you today. I was trying to call my Dad from my car and somehow, the voice recognition on my phone called you instead. How "call Dad, mobile" turns into "call Steve, mobile" I will never know.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:09 PM   #25461
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post

Hey, sorry for the wrong number. That was me that called you today. I was trying to call my Dad from my car and somehow, the voice recognition on my phone called you instead. How "call Dad, mobile" turns into "call Steve, mobile" I will never know.
Hahaha that was you, I never programed your number yet so I was like huh??? I thought it was a friend playing a joke on me.
Im gonna program your number in now.
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:12 PM   #25462
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
That's if you buy all new....
Used JK parts are never easy to come by. Like most Jeep stuff it is heavy and not worth the shipping at today prices.

It does not help any that most of the lift kits are not complete. I am not about to put a cheap lift on and run low end shocks just to be lifted. I always laugh when I see a new rubi with the cheapest lift possible. To me it is like they take a proven shock/spring combo and throw the worst springs and shocks on.

After looking around I like both the RK and AEV kits. Granted the RK kit would be a major overkill for what I do.
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #25463
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Hahaha that was you, I never programed your number yet so I was like huh??? I thought it was a friend playing a joke on me.
Im gonna program your number in now.
Yeah, that was me. I felt like an idiot when I finally figured out who it called. When you answered I was all like "who the hell has my Dads phone?" Then I figured that the phone lines got crossed somehow. Finally when I stopped, I looked at calls history and you were there and realized that the voice recognition really screwed up.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:17 PM   #25464
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

Used JK parts are never easy to come by. Like most Jeep stuff it is heavy and not worth the shipping at today prices.

It does not help any that most of the lift kits are not complete. I am not about to put a cheap lift on and run low end shocks just to be lifted. I always laugh when I see a new rubi with the cheapest lift possible. To me it is like they take a proven shock/spring combo and throw the worst springs and shocks on.

After looking around I like both the RK and AEV kits. Granted the RK kit would be a major overkill for what I do.
You can tell the truth now. No need to lift it as all the Mommies at the daycare are taken.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #25465
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Its all good man. When you said you wanted to speak to your dad I was like WTF?? My kids only 16 months old how is he calling me... then my blonde hair went away.

When are we all gonna get an offroad meet and shooting trip going? I wanna run the paces with my new G23.
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:32 PM   #25466
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Its all good man. When you said you wanted to speak to your dad I was like WTF?? My kids only 16 months old how is he calling me... then my blonde hair went away.

When are we all gonna get an offroad meet and shooting trip going? I wanna run the paces with my new G23.
Need to do it soon.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:35 PM   #25467
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Saturday before drinks?!
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:37 PM   #25468
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I work saturday until 430pm but im off on sunday.
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #25469
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Just glad that he only plugged himself instead of trying to take a bunch of people with him.
It was a she, and her 5 year old was in the house when it happened. I can't imagine a parent doing that to their child...

Working now, and waiting for parts, still. I'll be rocking the Rango on Saturday. My burnout will trump the yota's! Learn much, it shall! Lol
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:44 PM   #25470
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

It was a she, and her 5 year old was in the house when it happened. I can't imagine a parent doing that to their child...

Working now, and waiting for parts, still. I'll be rocking the Rango on Saturday. My burnout will trump the yota's! Learn much, it shall! Lol
I call shenanigans.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.