Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1697 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #25441
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex

I believe in the waggy marn. Who needs a lifted tj on 35s when you have the waggy!
Somebody who wants a comfortable, capable, reliable rig. That's who

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #25442
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

Somebody who wants a comfortable, capable, reliable rig. That's who
I was trying to help you marn.
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:57 PM   #25443
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex

I was trying to help you marn.
I know, it's okay, I know what I own, I just don't know why I own it. For the money I have in it I could have a nice TJ or something that at least I wouldn't have to worry 'is it going to make the trip?'

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 04-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #25444
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Went straight to UMC after work. Just got home. My guy is doing better. Critical still but no longer unstable. He is still sedated (read medically induced coma) but his blood work and EEG look better so they are going to pull him out tomorrow. So far everything looks like he will be okay.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #25445
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

That's good.

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #25446
4x4Brit
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
Went straight to UMC after work. Just got home. My guy is doing better. Critical still but no longer unstable. He is still sedated (read medically induced coma) but his blood work and EEG look better so they are going to pull him out tomorrow. So far everything looks like he will be okay.
Good to hear. Positive thoughts going his way.
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #25447
4x4Brit
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG
Yes he did! very few people have any business being in that wash, especially if they have a stock rig.
Agreed. I've seen TJ's in there with no rock sliders. It's cringe time waiting for the body damage to occur. I got off the line a bit near the glider sign and almost trashed my hard top.
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #25448
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
Well that's good. Hopefully he keeps improvong

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 04-29-2013, 08:29 PM   #25449
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hope your troop gets better Andy.

As many people on here know, I am not a big fan of the new rubi wheels even though I do have two sets of them. But I saw a lifted JKU today with 35's on the new rubi wheels and I think that they look way better with the larger tires. I am just not sure that I will ever take the plunge and get a lift though with this being a DD and our only vehicle right now.
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #25450
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

As many people on here know, I am not a big fan of the new rubi wheels even though I do have two sets of them. But I saw a lifted JKU today with 35's on the new rubi wheels and I think that they look way better with the larger tires. I am just not sure that I will ever take the plunge and get a lift though with this being a DD and our only vehicle right now.
What happened to your Jetta? Oh, wait...

Thank you all for all the well wishes for my troop. He is really one of my best workers and an overall great guy. They say that some people in a coma can still hear you and can recall entire conversations from when they were out. I talked to him for a bit. Everything from baseball and offroad racing to current events. I hope it makes him a bit more comfortable.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 09:13 PM   #25451
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post

What's the reasoning? MPG or?
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 09:53 PM   #25452
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Hey Andy what business/company do you run/own? I always thought you where in the military.
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:19 PM   #25453
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So I start my shift to find out that my boss died last night or early this morning. We weren't very close, and had differences on the job. We got along well enough and had similar political and social views, but different personalities. It is still a shock when death comes close to home/work.

Preliminary reports indicate suicide, with the 5yr old son hearing it, but not seeing it. The 18yr old daughter wasn't home. I hope I never feel like that's my only option...it's so terrible for the family that's left behind. It's probably the worst thing you can do to everyone you know. It leaves everyone wondering if it was something they said or did, and offers a "never closure" situation, even if a note is left.

Next, I find out that the other lead(day shift, I'm the night lead) is in the hospital with what is likely gastrointestinal issues(colitis) and we don't know when he's coming back. He's had these issues before and for a while, but it takes him longer to recover each time. He's mid thirties, around 5'8" and probably weighs 110lbs on a good day.

Life is such a precious, fragile thing that is just a flicker of a flame. We should all try to be kind to others and truly attempt to live life to its fullest. Do whatever it takes to not have regrets in life. Not necessarily internal regrets, but things you regret saying/not saying to someone, and/or doing/not doing for/with/to someone. Try not to get caught up in things that don't matter, like possessions, social media, and television. Live your life, don't just survive it!

We all don't really understand how lucky we are sometimes. We obsess over things we want or things we can't change. The time is now to understand how truly short life is, and start living it like you have no brakes, because in the whole scheme of things, you really don't!
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #25454
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Powr is right. the only thing in life that is promised is death. So you have to live it to the fullest. Please don't go running around screaming yolo though.
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:48 PM   #25455
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Well put powr well put.

Andy sorry to hear about your coworker, very tragic that it happened to him. But sounds like he'll be just fine and come out good as new.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.