Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1696 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #25426
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hey Khris I think that I fully understand where you are coming from on the instructions aspect.

A guy is trying to sell a pair of hood hold downs that do not fit... he is convinced of this because the packaging states "Wrangler 07-09"

Here is his ad

-I bought these by mistake. I needed the 2010 version. The set is complete will all hardware and instructions. Very easy to install.
On amazon they sell for 122.00, I'll take 70.00 OBO

and his response to me saying that they are all the same

-Lol, that's what I thought. But these are a hair short for my year.

then after I offered to help him

-Greg, I tried releasing some of the tension on the upper and lower part of the center section, and it still isn't long enough. Then I flip the top portion upside down, and the center section isn't short enough. The bag is marked 07-09, so I'm thinking the center section on the 10-13 is probably longer. If you have the longer piece, I'd love to try it.

I will help him out, but it does just crack me up.

Unread 04-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #25427
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I probably saw it and already forgot but what's wrong with your engine and don't you already have a couple of them or something?
I dont know whats wrong with me engine other than the bottom end noise it makes, nothing really, but its got 155,000 on it. Well, it had 155,000 on it when i installed it. 160 now maybe.

The other motor had worse bottom end noise, and lifter noise. hence the replacement. god knows how many miles are on that one. odometer said 87,000 miles, which is likely 187,000, considering they had an aux tank installed...

it has always been a goal/desire of mine to rebuild an engine and put it in the truck. After the axles, thats the only "old" thing left. everything else has been gone through and replaced/refurbed.

i have one in the truck and one on the stand.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 03:29 PM   #25428
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
They did a prerunner build a few years back and the cage was hideous. That Ian guy jumped on Desert rangers to try and defend it and people just ripped his azz apart. He try challenging them with the "well what have you built" not knowing he was talking to half the desert racers out there so all these people started posting these badazz rides and well, he kinda just faded away. LOL
I think I read something about that. Never have seen the thread though.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #25429
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Snuck into Khris' garage so that I could snap this picture. His Expo is coming along nicely.

I especially like the two shocks that are there to keep the tube from... err, the frame from... err...

I especially like the two worthless shocks that do nothing.
shock.jpg  

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #25430
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Hey Khris I think that I fully understand where you are coming from on the instructions aspect.

I will help him out, but it does just crack me up.
Sometimes they're legit issues but most of the time, it's installer incompetence. Trust me, until this company, I thought jeep owners knew their stuff, now... Ehhhh... I'm a bit jaded now.

This '06 radiator possible install is due to pictures I just saw of an install on an '04. Not sure what the heck the guy is doing but it's definitely off... I've installed an '99, '01 and an '03 all problem free but maybe '04 was the magic year of change... I'm betting the install goes problem free though honestly!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #25431
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Find me a spot that's large enough and flat enough to mount it with said screws or bolts, using the photos I posted earlier. Keeping in mind that there will also need to be places for air horns, solenoids, regulator, etc, AND still be accessible for service. My biggest hurdle isnt the drilling of holes...although I dont want to. the biggest hurdle is finding a suitable location that doesnt interfere with anything else. I know it seems stupid to be putting this much effort and time into it, but like I said, my OCD is rearing its head here. I want it to be as pretty and look as OEM as possible.
Check out Garzas setup, his is mounted to a crossmember above the intake!
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #25432
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Snuck into Khris' garage so that I could snap this picture. His Expo is coming along nicely.

I especially like the two shocks that are there to keep the tube from... err, the frame from... err...

I especially like the two worthless shocks that do nothing.
Damn useless guard dog!!! Actually wait, you don't even have to sneak into the garage. You sure you're at the right house? My expo is parked in the driveway right now.

Unread 04-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #25433
sirhk100

Any random ford experts are welcome at my house tonight! I'll even supply the mtn dew this time! LOL

Not looking forward to the garage clean up though! It looks like a bomb went off in there. Just random parts and tools scattered all over across the floor and bench!

Unread 04-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #25434
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Not looking forward to the garage clean up though! It looks like a bomb went off in there. Just random parts and tools scattered all over across the floor and bench!
room for the trailer in there? haha
Unread 04-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #25435
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Edited the above simply because it contained the quote that I deleted.

Seriously, not something to joke about. Ill leave it at that and we will pretend it didn't happen. Though I cannot change the way people will think of you now that you actually posted something like that.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 04-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #25436
sirhk100

I already felt it before that post...

Unread 04-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #25437
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Brit View Post
That's an XJ free zone Puck IIRC, that is the very last wash past the hand glider sign. I usually cut out before the waterfall.
That's the wash I trashed my rig in so bad she hasn't been back on the road yet. I smashed in the skid plate so far the fan was rubbing on the bottom of the shroud.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #25438
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yes he did! very few people have any business being in that wash, especially if they have a stock rig.
Unread 04-29-2013, 06:23 PM   #25439
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG
Yes he did! very few people have any business being in that wash, especially if they have a stock rig.
Psh. The waggy could do it! I'd show you all up, but I don't want to get my new axles and wheels dirty.

Quote:

Unread 04-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #25440
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

Psh. The waggy could do it! I'd show you all up, but I don't want to get my new axles and wheels dirty.
I believe in the waggy marn. Who needs a lifted tj on 35s when you have the waggy!
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.