Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1695 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!JK Front Axle Truss

Reply
Unread 04-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #25411
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,808
Crate motors are for racers and *******. At least that's what my dad always said. You will always get a better product doing it yourself because you care about the result. It may take a couple of tries but it will be better.

ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #25412
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,710
Just got an update on my guy...

Not good news. Critical/Unstable.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 02:07 PM   #25413
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Maybe it's worth it to just save for a bit longer and buy a crate motor with a warranty?
if buy crate motor you mean a reman long block from jasper or something, then that will cost more than rebuilding, and will not have a warranty.

In order to have a warranty they need to be installed by a certified mechanic.

if by crate motor you mean some built motor, then i cannot afford that.

I cannot afford to do the whole reman thing, or to do a full bruild at this time. I can, however, afford to buy the same exact product for $800 and enjoy building it as time and money allow.
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #25414
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,808
I understand being weary Marn. I remember your whole trans drama/welded case/needed rebuilt all over thing. This guy seems pretty legit, pull the trigger.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #25415
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Just got an update on my guy...

Not good news. Critical/Unstable.
dang, thats not good. Sorry to hear.

Here's to hoping that changes for the better.
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #25416
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,236
I personally don't have the balls to buy a motor off someone that's been apart. I bought the engine for my toyota off a guy in kingman but it had never been apart and I knew the previous owner and knew of the guy I was buying it from from the race scene. I would save up and have a shop do it for you rather then taking the chance on a $800 that just puts you possibly right back to square one having to buy a long block or have one machined only now you're $800 lighter.



Power, no promise yet but if I needed to install a radiator in an '06 TJ are you interested? I'll find your mounting location at the same time... Oh and as for mounting location...

RICKY!!!! Post up a picture of your engine compartment or the blue LJ compartment also if i remember correctly...

Looks like you should either sell the jeep and get one with more space to mount stuff or make a bracket. So you might be up to 20 minutes of work then...

http://www.stu-offroad.com/electrical/spod/spod-6.htm

http://www.dualsport.info/rigs/tj/s-pod/source/




Oh and hey power, you're actually not even a chick cause look what I just found a picture of!

__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #25417
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,458
definitely interested in a radiator, but the bad news is, it's...immobilized at the moment. Would you be willing to work on it, or allow me to install it at my place? Don't get me wrong, I've drilled plenty of holes in the tub of this thing, but I'm simply saying I don't like to. It's not the same as refusing to. Once I find a suitable spot, or build a bracket, it will be a non issue.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #25418
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,611
more girl porn. It is always nice to see girls working. On that note, Dish just added Velocity channel. Even saw a few episodes that had Jessi that used to be on extreme 4x4
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #25419
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
definitely interested in a radiator, but the bad news is, it's...immobilized at the moment. Would you be willing to work on it, or allow me to install it at my place? Don't get me wrong, I've drilled plenty of holes in the tub of this thing, but I'm simply saying I don't like to. It's not the same as refusing to. Once I find a suitable spot, or build a bracket, it will be a non issue.
I don't even know if we need it yet, just was checking to see if I had a vehicle lined up that I could toss on the table when the discussion comes.
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #25420
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
more girl porn. It is always nice to see girls working. On that note, Dish just added Velocity channel. Even saw a few episodes that had Jessi that used to be on extreme 4x4
I have seen Jessi on a few shows recently. The new season of Overhaulin and Mythbusters. She is still
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #25421
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,425
**** it. No engine



I made the decision. I just paid off my last credit card. Done. over $5000 paid off in 5 months.
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #25422
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
I have seen Jessi on a few shows recently. The new season of Overhaulin and Mythbusters. She is still
She is really down to earth and nice too.. chatted with her for a few minutes at KOH a few years back. Ian on the other hand, not so cool.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #25423
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
She is really down to earth and nice too.. chatted with her for a few minutes at KOH a few years back. Ian on the other hand, not so cool.
I agree. I met Ian at EJS a few years back. Guy is a tool.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #25424
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,236
They did a prerunner build a few years back and the cage was hideous. That Ian guy jumped on Desert rangers to try and defend it and people just ripped his azz apart. He try challenging them with the "well what have you built" not knowing he was talking to half the desert racers out there so all these people started posting these badazz rides and well, he kinda just faded away. LOL
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #25425
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
**** it. No engine



I made the decision. I just paid off my last credit card. Done. over $5000 paid off in 5 months.
I probably saw it and already forgot but what's wrong with your engine and don't you already have a couple of them or something?
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.