Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1693 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiBushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 04-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #25381
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I just had the most uncomfortable phone call with my mom. Pretty rough, I had to tell my parents I couldn't give them money anymore. Talk about awkward.
That sucks, I have the feeling that we will be helping support the mother in law here soon. I think that generation actually believed that they could live off of social security.

Unread 04-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #25382
sirhk100

Cut off their allowance eh?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #25383
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Not really an allowance but my dads business went under in 2008 and is currently working as a security guard. I've been trying to get him to declare bankruptcy but he refuses to. He says he has always looked down at people who do and can't bring himself to do it. In reality he will NEVER make enough money to pay off his debt, and I'm not going to keep putting off my family's needs to keep him afloat.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #25384
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I didn't think an H1 got that many miles per gallon...
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #25385
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

maybe it was actually gallons per mile.
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #25386
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Peace Everyone! lol

BTW, Potato Ridge has some gnarly stuff on it now including a crazy waterfall that I have not seen before. Didn't look possible in a full bodied rig, but I had to do it.

Unread 04-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #25387
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Peace Everyone! lol

BTW, Potato Ridge has some gnarly stuff on it now including a crazy waterfall that I have not seen before. Didn't look possible in a full bodied rig, but I had to do it.

You look like you might be stuck. Did you make it through without help?

Oh, and pics of the rest of the person attached to the legs on the left?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #25388
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Don't forget this Sat is Hooters @ 4ish. Should be some good times again. Might get to see a nice 2wd wagoneer with 2 different sets of wheels, toyota corolla burnouts, butter face, Jared getting hit on by a guy, but mostly we can sit around drink some beer and get some good face time like this
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #25389
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Peace Everyone! lol

What wash was that? I don't remember that last time i went.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #25390
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Don't forget this Sat is Hooters @ 4ish. Should be some good times again. Might get to see a nice 2wd wagoneer with 2 different sets of wheels, toyota corolla burnouts, butter face, Jared getting hit on by a guy, but mostly we can sit around drink some beer and get some good face time like this

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:24 PM   #25391
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
I'm down.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #25392
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

okay....

so talked to the guy more about the motor, haha, I still haven't decided, but I'm getting closer.

He said it hasnt been decked, didnt need it I guess.

I then asked him what all comes with it, if he has the timing cover, etc. Right now he said he MAY have an intake for it. I've got plenty of those, but I figured i'd end up going aftermarket anyway, and if not, i'd run my stock 1973 4bbl on it.

The last question I asked was basically if he was literally going to build it and run it, as is, if he was happy with the work that was done, etc. Asked if everything checked out and all that.

Here's his response"

Quote:
The intake that came from the engine was a 2 barrel intake and I was planning on running my Holley Truck Avenger. So if I have a intake it would be a stock 2 barrel.

I have the timing cover and front accessories. I even have a stock distributor and exhaust manifolds and other engine misc to go with it.

I was going after a stock rebuild with the exception of the carb and intake.

I was happy with the work that had been done. When I Installed the crankshaft, I plastigaged all the main bearings and they were right in the middle of the gap range.

I was going to assemble the engine with the parts I had and obviously check the rod bearings and piston ring gap as I got to that point. I did bring the pistons and rings to the machine shop to final bore the cylinders to set the ring gap, but I wanted to check them upon assembly anyway. The only work left is assembly. The engine has new cam bearings installed and the machine work done.

I though about assembling the engine before I sold it but there are several reasons I did not. I would rather spend my time making progress on my J4000. I don't have the room in my garage (3 engine on stands at the moment). I am always leary of buying a used or assembled engine. I would rather asasemble it myself so that I could check the parts over as I build the engine. It is hard to see the bore and crank journals of an assembled engine.

I was planning to run this engine in my truck with 33" tires and then the project took a different route. I am going to run 38" tires for rock crawling and mud running. So i decided i needed more power and RPM in the mud. Now I am building a higher compression, aftermarket head small block chevy 400 along with complete drivetrain swap.
guess i should go get a motor this weekend, huh?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 04-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #25393
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Jesus. Lets get a pool going on if Marn will buy this engine or Power will drill a freaking hole first.
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #25394
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Jesus. Lets get a pool going on if Marn will buy this engine or Power will drill a freaking hole first.
bahahaha.

whatever, mine is 800 bucks. Thats a decent chunk of change!

I'm running out of guns to sell here.

Quote:

Unread 04-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #25395
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Marn will win! Rofl

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.