Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1691 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #25351
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

What all are you going to run on that fuse block?

Unread 04-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #25352
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

here's that one from a storage lot.

maybe the engine is recently rebuilt, but that looks to me like a tree-fiddy. The thing looks pretty clean otherwise.
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3763919866.html

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #25353
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ
What all are you going to run on that fuse block?
Lights, OBA, air locker solenoid, air horn solenoid, alarm, future lights, etc.
Unread 04-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #25354
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

also, i need to make up my damn mind on this motor....

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #25355
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
Zimmerman it's inbetween elk river and Princeton. It's a small town.
I know where it is. BTW that explains everything.....
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #25356
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post

I know where it is. BTW that explains everything.....
lol it does I'm better then most of the people that live in that town. heard they closed rjs down that bar by the old video store. So it might be a little bit better of a town but that's unlikely.
Where did you live?
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #25357
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Uh oh...look what I just found under the oil cap...this thing Is NOT making me happy

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #25358
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
Uh oh...look what I just found under the oil cap...this thing Is NOT making me happy

Posted from outer space.
I've found that on the rango a few times. I've never found water in the oil at changes, and coolant level doesn't drop. Could it be normal condensation?
Unread 04-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #25359
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

It definitely didn't look like this a week ago. I checked the oil before i left to california

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #25360
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
It definitely didn't look like this a week ago. I checked the oil before i left to california

Posted from outer space.
What does the dipstick look like?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #25361
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

What does the dipstick look like?
Who knows, I don't think Kansas Boy has posted a pic of himself before. However, judging by his posts he likely is wearing a helmet and Velcro shoes! Haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #25362
sirhk100

Drove expo8 around block a few times, made a couple minor adjustments, drove it to Frys. Took the long way back cause I wanted to hit a couple specific road bumps to see how the steering reacted and was great. Was heading towards sunset station actually past my house on the long way home to hit up rubios for dinner and the engine dies right at galleria so I coast off the road. I've got nothing with me tool wise. I figure it's gotta be wiring related as the only thing involving running issues at all was 3 plugs that I screwed with. I found one of the plugs had only two wires with both having about 3/8" of bare wire exposed right where the wires went into the plugs. Messed with it a bit and got it to fire up. Made it so that it would run for about a minute and then die. Whatever, limped it home... Got it in the driveway and fixed the wires. Figured good to go, took off again and still have the same issue. No clue what's going on but I'm done for the day anyways. Just over it... o

Tomorrow night I'll clean up the garage and work on trouble shooting the running issue. Joy joy! I will say, Detroit in the rear is almost 100% not even noticeable at all, it rides great, handles pretty good for a big long travel rig and everything seems to be working okay. I still have a long laundry list of things to finish but at least I got to put some time on it today even if it's currently sitting in the driveway SOL.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #25363
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared

Posted from outer space.
Been there done that. Before taking off the head get it to operating temp then take the valve cover off and watch as the thermostat opens. You will be able to see if there are any cracks in the head by seeing coolant seeping up. Then you will know if you are going to have to buy a new head. Not that bad of a job but I think it was $4-500 when we did my dads xj.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #25364
sirhk100

Well, I'm a little worried the issue is related to me lengthening my MAF harness. I'd heard rumors ahead of time that doing that is going to change the resistance built into the harness length and may affect how it runs. This "may" be what I have going on but if that's the case, why would it have ran problem free for close to 45 minutes before hand with a combo of city and highway driving? The nice thing I guess... I've got whitey in they drive to rob parts off for trouble shooting at least! LOL

I'm throwing a code 66 which is MAF below min voltage. Will try swapping MAF tomorrow night. If still nothing, will strip the harness apart to check my solder joints.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #25365
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post

Posted from outer space.
Look at the line running from air box to valve cover I had that I changed it. There was alot of cream sludge in there. after I changed it it went away.
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.