Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1690 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 04-28-2013, 12:45 AM   #25336
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Instead, you are making half the fuse block inaccessible and therefore useless...
Not entirely true. One of the pictures I took shows that the rear of the block IS accessible and without rubbing or other clearance issues. IF i load the rear of the block first, I can contain all of my current accessories in the sheathing I have available.

Unread 04-28-2013, 12:47 AM   #25337
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I often wonder how some of you guys get anything done... Jesus, make up your mind and do it or take it to a shop and pay someone else to do it. Let's see, today... Installed a car stereo, installed longer brake lines and bled them, went to the Rio and had cocktails at the pool, fabbed up a legit set of tie rods, fabbed up a complete steering swinger, went to dinner with a chick, watched super troopers.

Tomorrow, install front steering system, set toe, install front bumper, if I can find an axle seal swap that out, install coils on coilovers, fab up rear exhaust hanger, etc...

The big question, will power have his 3 minute install job finished this weekend or will he still be taking pictures. Put down the smart phone and do some work man! And drilling holes? Really? We're not talking a 2" hole saw thru your hood or door here, pop in the damn holes and install the bolts! Holy crap!!! Grow some damn balls or sell your jeep and start leasing your rides...
You're a big meanie head!
Unread 04-28-2013, 12:51 AM   #25338
sirhk100

make sure you watch the video in the edit of that post...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 12:56 AM   #25339
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Unfortunately, much of the morning was spent trying to figure out why my pinion angle was changing when none of the fasteners were moving. That sucked up a large portion of my time, then axle removal, and mocking up the fuse block. I told you guys, my OCD hampers me a lot. I just don't like adding holes unless I'm positively satisfied with the location. My OBA compressor required drilling holes, and I did it no problem, but I was happy with its mounting location.
Theres really nowhere on the core support, firewall, or fenders that is flat and large enough to mount that block to without it looking ghetto-rigged. I want to avoid that. I'm not entirely happy with the current location, but its very promising. I wouldn't have a problem drilling and mounting a bracket if I can come up with a good spot. I am somewhat limited on location too, unless I lengthen a few accessories' wires, which is no big deal, but just adds more time to do it right. Have to solder the connections, and cover with heat shrink or e-tape. It all takes time.
Not to mention, i have neighbors that insist on bothering me as well. PSA for everyone out there...DO NOT use one of those misting gadgets they sell for your air conditioner! A neighbor installed one, and it completely clogged his condenser on his house a/c unit to the point where in likely needs to be replaced. I tried getting it off for him, but it was a no-go!
Unread 04-28-2013, 12:57 AM   #25340
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

While all I could do was laugh and think how badass was that, I've gotta feeling you would've cried!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuIr...KKkmw&index=15
Yeah ... but did you actually drill any holes in that? Didn't think so ...
Unread 04-28-2013, 12:59 AM   #25341
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Right!? lol
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:04 AM   #25342
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Can you guys make shorter posts? Ruining my buzz with those long arse posts
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:07 AM   #25343
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I should be in bed but beer and "worlds worst tenants" is not helping me any
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:07 AM   #25344
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Drink more! it will either help you make it through posts, or you'll lose interest mid post and move to the next post.. lol
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:10 AM   #25345
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Technicallly, no cause I used a cutoff wheel like a real man, not a weenie that can't drill a couple 1/4" holes thru a part that isn't even seen 99.99999% of the time. LOL

Also, most of the time, they don't make hole saws large enough to "drill" what I need to make space for... Or well, if they do, I don't have the cash to buy the drill to power them.

Whoops, how that picture of us mid build of that small garage where some of these pictures were taken get in there. I think we had to drill some holes when we wired it... Gotta keep with the "hole" theme you know...

Power, let me know if you need me to come over and drill those couple 1/4" holes for you. You too if ever in the need Davidson, I'm not afraid and don't let a couple tiny holes keep me from getting work done.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:28 AM   #25346
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I may just have you come over and drill the holes for me, if I can find a suitable location for them.
Also ran the lawn mower and weed whacker around the front and back yards between everything. Unloaded sams club groceries too.
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:30 AM   #25347
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The mobile app needs an edit option for posts. Damn spell correct...
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:34 AM   #25348
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
The mobile app needs an edit option for posts. Damn spell correct...
It does for iPhone...

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:37 AM   #25349
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yup, just found it, durr...
Unread 04-28-2013, 09:05 AM   #25350
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Not entirely true. One of the pictures I took shows that the rear of the block IS accessible and without rubbing or other clearance issues. IF i load the rear of the block first, I can contain all of my current accessories in the sheathing I have available.
Which one? The one where the connectors are almost touching the sheet metal leaving no room for the wiring to make the turn? That sounds like a great way to continuously blow fuses. Wedge the wiring up against sheet metal just to make sure it chafes through!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.