Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1689 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 04-27-2013, 11:33 PM   #25321
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff
Holy crap, how is it possible your wiring looks worse than mine. I put my terminal block which is just like yours, inside the cab under the front of the shifter console. No holes.
The area under my shifter is...occupied.

Unread 04-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #25322
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post

The area under my shifter is...occupied.
In the passenger kick?
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 11:50 PM   #25323
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I feel your pain Powr, I despise drilling any holes in the body/tub and go out of my way to avoid it. Can't say I would be much help with finding a location for you because I am really bad guesstimating off of pictures. I have been able to cram a lot of stuff behind the glovebox though, if your new block isn't too big, that's a great spot next to all the other fuses. If not, time to tube fender it and build out onto the fenders!

Meanwhile, back at the garage... I've been wrenching, running to get parts, rent tools, etc. and wrenching some more since 7'ish this morning and just quit about 10 mins ago. I hate being so picky that I can't just be satisfied with a "standard" install and that I am driven to make everything look so clean; but I have to admit, it looks good when its done & I have never seen an OBA tank install like mine before so I am pretty pleased.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 11:55 PM   #25324
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
I feel your pain Powr, I despise drilling any holes in the body/tub and go out of my way to avoid it. Can't say I would be much help with finding a location for you because I am really bad guesstimating off of pictures. I have been able to cram a lot of stuff behind the glovebox though, if your new block isn't too big, that's a great spot next to all the other fuses. If not, time to tube fender it and build out onto the fenders!

Meanwhile, back at the garage... I've been wrenching, running to get parts, rent tools, etc. and wrenching some more since 7'ish this morning and just quit about 10 mins ago. I hate being so picky that I can't just be satisfied with a "standard" install and that I am driven to make everything look so clean; but I have to admit, it looks good when its done & I have never seen an OBA tank install like mine before so I am pretty pleased.
Pics darn it!!
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #25325
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex

In the passenger kick?
Here it is...

image-798822140.jpg

Back to drilling holes again. If I had the plastic molding that is sometimes there, I may be able to get away with that. Alas, no mounting there.

image-1881012962.jpg

And again, no room here either. Here's where I'm at this far...

image-3090602655.jpg

Looks like it could be livable with a good loom or that sheathing that I have. I had this idea to control the wiring in the front, but need some with rubber grommets inside to keep the insulation from chafing...

image-2020557519.jpg

It seems pretty sturdy with just the step screws. It doesn't vibrate or move much when I try to shake it, but then again, a washboard trail is a lot different.

And what my ish looks like at the moment...it's too sad to talk about! Before the jokes start flying, my install had nothing to do with its current state of disassembly/removal!

image-969032652.jpg
Unread 04-28-2013, 12:19 AM   #25326
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

SP* "two screws" not step screws!
Unread 04-28-2013, 12:23 AM   #25327
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Too tired for pics right now, but in all honesty, there's not much to see; hence the reason it took so long. Most everything is tucked up and out of harms way and subsequently out of decent picture taking territory. For example the 3/8" steel brake line we custom formed around each turn and curve along the inside of the frame (instead of the crappy plastic junk that comes with the viair OBA kit) where we snapped it into an open spot along side the formed hydraulic brake lines, the hardened 3/16 steel plates used for mounting the tank, and the fancy bailing wire wrap :tongueout: to keep the flexible heat shield around the tank instead of using heat shield tape that's gonna eventually lose its stick).. hard to see any of it. The one thing that IS easy to see, looks ghetto; the pressure gauge. I haven't decided where and how I am gonna mount it yet so it's zip tied to the roll bar next to my seat.. Classy.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 12:28 AM   #25328
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I picked this up a while ago from another JF member.

image-3329761269.jpg

Perfect for...

image-2133558380.jpg

Or...

image-737076245.jpg

Or just about anything that needs to be locked away. How does it mount you ask? You guessed it...

image-4292226045.jpg

More drilling holes in the tub! That's why it isn't in there yet! Lol
Unread 04-28-2013, 12:51 AM   #25329
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Powr, I am going to say this and say it once.

DRILL THE ****ING HOLES!

I don't know what the hang up is. It is only difficult the first time. I am all for finding a way to mount something without detracting from the exterior look of a vehicle or at least making it look factory but that isn't what we are talking about here. Instead, you are making half the fuse block inaccessible and therefore useless because you have some aversion to a drill bit touching your Jeep? He'll, you could even make a bracket and hang it off a core support, that would at least put it in a better spot than where your pictures show. How about I come over and drill the holes for you?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 12:59 AM   #25330
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Why is your newly acquired and installed axle.... uninstalled?
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:00 AM   #25331
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

And yeah... drill a couple holes. Think of it this way - If you wanted to, you could zap that little hole with the touch of a mig and a little bodywork and you wouldn't have a hole there anymore.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:05 AM   #25332
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

You can't drill holes in your jeep? Lol you should I mean what your going to put in there is most likely going to be there forever so id just find a good place and drill and bolt. screws and sheet metal don't work good well it doesn't for me.
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:35 AM   #25333
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

How come switching from a blonde to an amber is never as good as an amber to a blonde?

But damn it is still good!!
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:37 AM   #25334
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Nice yellow d-rings powr!!
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:44 AM   #25335
sirhk100

I often wonder how some of you guys get anything done... Jesus, make up your mind and do it or take it to a shop and pay someone else to do it. Let's see, today... Installed a car stereo, installed longer brake lines and bled them, went to the Rio and had cocktails at the pool, fabbed up a legit set of tie rods, fabbed up a complete steering swinger, went to dinner with a chick, watched super troopers.

Tomorrow, install front steering system, set toe, install front bumper, if I can find an axle seal swap that out, install coils on coilovers, fab up rear exhaust hanger, etc...

The big question, will power have his 3 minute install job finished this weekend or will he still be taking pictures. Put down the smart phone and do some work man! And drilling holes? Really? We're not talking a 2" hole saw thru your hood or door here, pop in the damn holes and install the bolts! Holy crap!!! Grow some damn balls or sell your jeep and start leasing your rides...

While all I could do was laugh and think how badass was that, I've gotta feeling you would've cried!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuIr...KKkmw&index=15

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.