Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1688 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #25306
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
I from MN only been here for 4 years.
Where from in MN?

Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #25307
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The eastern Kentucky part...lol
Unread 04-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #25308
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw
This one's in South Dakota, but it looks like an awesome project. Turn it into a camper that you could wheel! Only ten hours left ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ambul...orcev4exp=true
There's one in pahrump for sale. Last I saw, he wanted 2500 for it. It was a 24v setup though, so it would need to be converted, IMO.
Unread 04-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #25309
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

There's one in pahrump for sale. Last I saw, he wanted 2500 for it. It was a 24v setup though, so it would need to be converted, IMO.
Anybody here have experience converting from 24V to 12V? How difficult of a job is it really?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #25310
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

well it should be almost everything needs to be changed. The good thing is unlike going from an old 6v to 12v, you will not have to replace all of the wiring.

But just a quick review

any relays
voltage regulators
alternator
starter
ac blower motors
batteries
lights
possibly the power distribution block or fuse block

switches should be safe, door contacts, and anything that would have a rheostat. I would be a little bit of work, but I am guessing with all of the painless wiring stuff it would not be too difficult.
Unread 04-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #25311
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG

I'm from MN and so is Raptor. Believe me guys not everyone from MN is as big of a tarded tool as this jack wagon!
So its just you and him then?

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #25312
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw
This one's in South Dakota, but it looks like an awesome project. Turn it into a camper that you could wheel! Only ten hours left ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ambul...orcev4exp=true
Seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
well it should be almost everything needs to be changed. The good thing is unlike going from an old 6v to 12v, you will not have to replace all of the wiring.

But just a quick review

any relays
voltage regulators
alternator
starter
ac blower motors
batteries
lights
possibly the power distribution block or fuse block

switches should be safe, door contacts, and anything that would have a rheostat. I would be a little bit of work, but I am guessing with all of the painless wiring stuff it would not be too difficult.

Screw all that noise, gut it, Drop in a cummins use it as a tow rig, would be awesome.

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #25313
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, need opinions and ideas...

Here's my mock up.

image-2752208971.jpg

It seeks like it will be ok here, but I need a better bracket setup. It's held on by only two screws. Also, it will be a pita when the battery needs changing(not very often, I know) and there will be lots of wiring coming off the front, which can be mostly tamed with some sheathing I have.

Next problem with it here is...

image-3592045355.jpg

There's very little room behind it for the wiring to bend. Again, it can be tamed with sheathing, but it's awful close.

image-4007467255.jpg

Again, this better picture shows how close everything will be. I will build a better bracket, if I decide to keep it here.
I chose this location because of my OCD! I absolutely HATE drilling holes in the tub and body panels. If it can be avoided, I'll build a bracket to keep from drilling holes. I'm willing to spend 10-12 hours building some stupid bracket to save the five minutes it would take to drill into the body.

Anyone have any ideas, opinions, concerns that I may be missing or unaware of?

Here's a few more pics of what I've got to work with...

Driver's side availability...

image-1200809538.jpg

Passenger side availability...

image-2931887849.jpg

image-4167876241.jpg

Center...

image-645972102.jpg

There's really not anywhere else I can think of to stow it. I feel it should be as high up as possible for moisture avoidance, and there's definitely not room inside the cab for it, so....HELP.
Unread 04-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #25314
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Also, I need to save room for my two giant air horns under there somewhere as well. Here's an idea how large they are...

image-626638699.jpg

They take up an enormous amount of room, not to mention the air lines, solenoids, etc needed for them and the lockers. I'll need to regulate to around 100 psi for both horns and lockers.
Unread 04-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #25315
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

This gnarly mess is what I'm trying to avoid...

image-3588805930.jpg

Some more additional mocking up. Notice the poor clearance in the rear...

image-2395637689.jpg

And...

image-519248045.jpg

Apologies for the non-consistent camera angles...
Unread 04-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #25316
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Holy crap, how is it possible your wiring looks worse than mine. I put my terminal block which is just like yours, inside the cab under the front of the shifter console. No holes.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #25317
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

So its just you and him then?
U got it!
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #25318
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hey powr whered you get that power block? I like it a hell of a lot. And how much do they run?
Unread 04-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #25319
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post

Where from in MN?
Zimmerman it's inbetween elk river and Princeton. It's a small town.
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 10:32 PM   #25320
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ
Hey powr whered you get that power block? I like it a hell of a lot. And how much do they run?
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=281095411306

This seller was awesome!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.