Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1678 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-25-2013, 07:53 PM   #25156
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
I would say somewhere in the range of 10 lbs and whatever you weigh.

Side note: Thinking about moving in with Khris just for the home delivery tamale guy. Why don't we have that up on the NW side?

because everything up here was built during the housing boom. So every business paid top dollar for their property... hence not many mom and pop type shops.

It sucks, I just want a ran down taco shack that makes killer burritos

Unread 04-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #25157
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
The diff cover cut away from one of what Khris was talking about. All I have to say is that this thing is beefy. Heavy as hell.
Dang. I wish there were separate fill/drain plugs, looks good!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #25158
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Why would someone get a delayed response from a background check while purchasing a firearm??
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #25159
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Many reasons... How common is the name? are you a jr, sr?
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #25160
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

No not a jr or anything. Names Steven Darras.

I went and got my address changed on my drivers license just an hour before so maybe because it was changed too recently.

Ive never had a delayed before. Always just got my gun in 15 minutes. The guy said maybe it was that they were busy and that I have to wait 3 days.

It just shocked the hell out of me was all. Got me thinking if I had a ticket that I forgot to pay for or if I got in trouble and forgot haha
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #25161
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Do they call in here or fax? It has been a while but back in va when I did it we called in gave full name, dob, and race. Rarely they would ask for social or address
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #25162
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I have no idea what he did. I just filled out the paper with my name and address and then he went into the back room and came out 10 minutes later with a delayed. Now the guy didnt have me put my social on the paperwork so maybe thats a cause.

All I was getting was a Tikka T3 left hand in 300 win mag and a ruger lcp for the wife to ccw.

I couldve sworn that they call in background checks though. I have a ccw valid license and no trouble.
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #25163
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I will say though that this derek guy at sportsmans really has a fawking attitude and is mostly a douch-e. Definetely will never be dealing with him again. Augustine was a real nice guy there very humble and respectful.
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:53 PM   #25164
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

is that the guy with the beard and short hair who acts like he was a navy seal? With a ccw I do not know why it would take any longer, did he get in touch with them before they closed?
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:56 PM   #25165
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Yep you must have dealt with him before. Yeah he stated to me that he was a private contractor in afghanistan and did that for a year and now hates everything but just made a new company that teaches tactical classes or some stupid ****e. Just yesterday he created the company.
Unread 04-25-2013, 10:28 PM   #25166
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I have heard of a delayed if it is in the evening and there is a back up on background checks. It usually just means they can't run it until tomorrow.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #25167
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I had a delay a total of one time. Was right after I moved back to the States from Germany. Got called the next day with a proceed.

Derek is a total ******. Wouldn't even talk to me until he found out I was military and even then only wanted to talk about where I had been.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 11:02 PM   #25168
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
I had a delay a total of one time. Was right after I moved back to the States from Germany. Got called the next day with a proceed.

Derek is a total ******. Wouldn't even talk to me until he found out I was military and even then only wanted to talk about where I had been.
You talking about customs at the airport? if so yes they are power hungry. watched on the news the other day about the tsa making pocket knives able to bring on board. Wtf tsa is that where my tax dollers is going the I seen it just after the Boston marathon lol.
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #25169
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post

You talking about customs at the airport? if so yes they are power hungry. watched on the news the other day about the tsa making pocket knives able to bring on board. Wtf tsa is that where my tax dollers is going the I seen it just after the Boston marathon lol.
WTF are you talking about??? Hes talking about him not getting a gun the same day like we all should be getting.
Unread 04-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #25170
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex

GO AWAY KS (stands for Kansas) BOY! If you're going to comment on this LAS VEGAS thread at least read it, instead of talking out of your *** you crackhead!
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.