Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1675 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 04-24-2013, 11:29 PM   #25111
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
$2500 these days or 5-10 years ago?
probably 5 years ago. WOW has it been that long? We've been in this house for over 2 years, she had it for half a year in the apartment, and drove it out here when she lived at the house before that, so maybe a year before we were dating it was rebuilt.

Probably about 5 years ago. damn.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #25112
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
I dunno what nodular iron means.. Does that mean it will be strong like the solid, ARB and other brands or is it more for show? Also will they have easy access fill and drain plugs inclusive of a fluid level? (BTW, I am following directions by not expressing interest, I am just asking clarifying questions for when I can express interest :-) )
If I ever end up in a war zone, I'll probably drill holes on the sides of this and use a bungy cord to strap it on as a helmet to protect against IEDs. Nodular Iron is what the high end race 3rd members are made out of, it's also commonly called ductile iron. I don't know what the other guys use for their actual material but I would guess it's the same stuff. My coworker definitely didn't build this one for show, it's legit and honestly, if you're concerned about weight at all this isn't the part you want cause it's THICK and it's HEAVY!

No drain, does have a fairly large diameter fill plug. I'll have to ask my coworker what the driving force was on the location, if it's a full at that height type of deal, if you just copied stock or some other existing cover or what.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #25113
sirhk100

Andy,

If you want to get into the down and dirty of Ford TTB action, tonight and tomorrow night are the time to be around! I'm heading straight home in hopes of having a package there. Assuming it's there I'll QUICKLY come up with a hardware list and most likely jet across town to mcfaddendale to pickup what I need and then haul butt home to get started on it. Tonight will be all mockup. Not sure if by the end of the night I'll have anything to show but I'm hoping by the end of tomorrow night i'll have at the very least a fully functioning mocked up steering system.

although, I just had a sickening thought... I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope they didn't ship it with signature required!!!!! That's gonna effing blow if they did!!!

Unread 04-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #25114
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
If I ever end up in a war zone, I'll probably drill holes on the sides of this and use a bungy cord to strap it on as a helmet to protect against IEDs.
You would need some sort of bump stop in there to keep it from just mashing against your skull. Helmets are made the same way suspension seats are. They have to be able to disperse the force applied to your head. Otherwise all they do is make sure you don't make too big a mess on the ground.

Side note: If you are on the wrong end of a direct hit with a mortar, they don't find enough of you to fill a condom.

Quote:
Andy,

If you want to get into the down and dirty of Ford TTB action, tonight and tomorrow night are the time to be around! I'm heading straight home in hopes of having a package there. Assuming it's there I'll QUICKLY come up with a hardware list and most likely jet across town to mcfaddendale to pickup what I need and then haul butt home to get started on it. Tonight will be all mockup. Not sure if by the end of the night I'll have anything to show but I'm hoping by the end of tomorrow night i'll have at the very least a fully functioning mocked up steering system.

although, I just had a sickening thought... I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope they didn't ship it with signature required!!!!! That's gonna effing blow if they did!!!
I'll be around then! Around what time should you be home?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #25115
sirhk100

Well, mcfaddendale closes at 5:30 so assuming I can get it all figured out and get the stuff I need they'll kick me out at that time anyways so I should be home by 6 at the latest. I'm also "hoping" it's 5:30 and not 5:00. I need to call sometime today and verify. I don't think my local Ace is going to have the bolts I need so I'm a little bit in a pinch and gonna be hustling this afternoon that's for sure! Assuming the parts really show up, tracking showed them in vegas this morning at 5:30am so...

Unread 04-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #25116
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Well, mcfaddendale closes at 5:30 so assuming I can get it all figured out and get the stuff I need they'll kick me out at that time anyways so I should be home by 6 at the latest. I'm also "hoping" it's 5:30 and not 5:00. I need to call sometime today and verify. I don't think my local Ace is going to have the bolts I need so I'm a little bit in a pinch and gonna be hustling this afternoon that's for sure! Assuming the parts really show up, tracking showed them in vegas this morning at 5:30am so...
Fastenal?
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #25117
sirhk100

Crap, just checked, mcfaddendale is only open till 5... There's no way i can get home, get it all figured out and get over there to pick that stuff up in time. I might be SOL on getting this done tonight.

I've got a local fastenal right down the street here from my work but I'm not sure if I can pull off the run home and back in time for them either honestly. I also don't think my local store actually carries much inventory. I think they're just a small store front that pulls inventory from where ever their local bigger supply store is. either way, that's probably going to be my best bet. I rely on Mcfaddendale typically cause even though they're across town, I know walking in, it won't be a wasted trip and they for sure will have what I need.

Unread 04-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #25118
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

This picture was posted by Tennessee Senator Stacey Campfield in a blog post titled "Here Comes Feinstein Again."

When asked about the "inappropriate" (their words, not mine) he said:

"Really? If my post was inappropriate talking about “crock pot control” then where is the outrage from the left when they push for gun control after the Sandy Hook shooting? Im sorry if I exposed your double standard…. Well, not really."
assaultpressurecooker.jpg  

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #25119
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Crap, just checked, mcfaddendale is only open till 5... There's no way i can get home, get it all figured out and get over there to pick that stuff up in time. I might be SOL on getting this done tonight.

I've got a local fastenal right down the street here from my work but I'm not sure if I can pull off the run home and back in time for them either honestly. I also don't think my local store actually carries much inventory. I think they're just a small store front that pulls inventory from where ever their local bigger supply store is. either way, that's probably going to be my best bet. I rely on Mcfaddendale typically cause even though they're across town, I know walking in, it won't be a wasted trip and they for sure will have what I need.
Well, that sucks. I would offer to run over there for you but unless I could cut out of work right at 1530, I couldn't make it before they closed.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #25120
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I need to get one of those APCs before they try to ban them!

On a side note, just about T-boned some Effing ******* who made a left turn in front of me. He couldnt even see my direction because a truck was turning right at the driveway he was leaving. Didnt even look! I probably should have teken him out, but the rango is worth like 8K, and I dont wanna try to replace the truck with 8k and expect to get something as nice as it is. Work van?...BLAM!!!! FAWKING ASHHOLES!
Unread 04-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #25121
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post

On a side note, just about T-boned some Effing ******* who made a left turn in front of me. He couldnt even see my direction because a truck was turning right at the driveway he was leaving. Didnt even look! I probably should have teken him out, but the rango is worth like 8K, and I dont wanna try to replace the truck with 8k and expect to get something as nice as it is. Work van?...BLAM!!!! FAWKING ASHHOLES!
Or.... Take the 8k, buy lift and tires, put whats left on a 2wd wk GC at rapemax... Profit?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #25122
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Do you drive around in a coke van?

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #25123
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Anyone have a spare XJ 4.0?
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #25124
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Or.... Take the 8k, buy lift and tires, put whats left on a 2wd wk GC at rapemax... Profit?
But a 2WD WK wont tow anywhere near what the rango is rated at, and has less room. Not to mention likely missed time at work and income loss. Would have sucked bad!
Unread 04-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #25125
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Do you drive around in a coke van?
Yep, but not when off duty. I'm not working yet...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.