Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1674 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 04-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #25096
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Here is my last word on the motor Marn. I tend to trust the jeep crowd more then I ever would the majority of Chevy enthusiasts. I would check the decks to see if they are even. If he has receipts and nothing seems fishy I would probably do it. You could even check for some assembly lube just to check if it hasn't been run since the rebuild. If he's upfront with everything I don't see any reason to not trust him and his documentation.

ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #25097
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Here is my last word on the motor Marn. I tend to trust the jeep crowd more then I ever would the majority of Chevy enthusiasts. I would check the decks to see if they are even. If he has receipts and nothing seems fishy I would probably do it. You could even check for some assembly lube just to check if it hasn't been run since the rebuild. If he's upfront with everything I don't see any reason to not trust him and his documentation.
and after you get it, get the rotating mass balanced
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #25098
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Speaking of free... Mid May time frame we're gonna need to do an install of a pretty cool new diff cover we've developed. Needs to be a Dana44. Would prefer rear for ease of pictures without all the steering crap in the way. If you're interested, don't speak up now but keep it in mind and I'll post more info when I have a more for sure type date. It's a pretty legit cover, nodular iron and it looks like the old school BFG MT basically. Oh, the vehicle needs to be lifted also. Almost forgot that requirement. Want it to be actually visible from the rear basically. I can probably get you a matching one for the front to install on your own time as well, not promising but it's likely...
I dunno what nodular iron means.. Does that mean it will be strong like the solid, ARB and other brands or is it more for show? Also will they have easy access fill and drain plugs inclusive of a fluid level? (BTW, I am following directions by not expressing interest, I am just asking clarifying questions for when I can express interest :-) )
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #25099
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I felt half of the prototype and I will say that puppy will be stout if they are using the same metal. If you drove that thing off a cliff and it caught on fire I think the diff covers would still be good.
Unread 04-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #25100
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

don't forget next Saturday is the day... we get to watch pretty boy Jared get us all free drinks again.
Unread 04-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #25101
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

oh is this a monthly thing now?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #25102
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

while i'm sitting here "working" on a few landscape designs while smoking a cigar and drinking in my back yard, i am also trying to figure out what the hell the displacement of Dani's nova motor is.

I know the following:

-It was a 307 originally.
-It's bigger than a 327 (she was specifically able to make fun of Desi's 327 because hers was slightly bigger)
-It's bored and stroked (duh).
-its not a 400 crank, as the balancer is not externally balanced.

what could it be?

307 with 350 crank and 400 rods bored .030 over will put it somewhere around a 333. Somewhat rare setup, but seems to make sense and would be made from common/readily avaiable parts?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 04-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #25103
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
while i'm sitting here "working" on a few landscape designs while smoking a cigar and drinking in my back yard, i am also trying to figure out what the hell the displacement of Dani's nova motor is.

I know the following:

-It's bigger than a 327 (she was specifically able to make fun of Desi's 327 because hers was slightly bigger)

what could it be?

307 with 350 crank and 400 rods bored .030 over will put it somewhere around a 333. Somewhat rare setup, but seems to make sense and would be made from common/readily avaiable parts?
Or are you planning a hit with that cigar and drink you got going pm lol.
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #25104
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Huh?^

Anyways I got 1/2 of the jeep buffed out damn pad tore off the backing plate
forumrunner_20130424_192317.jpg  
Unread 04-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #25105
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
Huh?^

Anyways I got 1/2 of the jeep buffed out damn pad tore off the backing plate
Wait, jeeps can be shiny? Haha
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #25106
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Wait, jeeps can be shiny? Haha
Jeeps that will be sold within the next week can be.
Unread 04-24-2013, 08:48 PM   #25107
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

I know the following:

what could it be?

After looking at a couple of forums, there are quite a few aftermarket companies offering internally balanced 400 cranks. Factory, they were all externally balanced. If it has an aftermarket crank, it could very well be internally balanced.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #25108
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

After looking at a couple of forums, there are quite a few aftermarket companies offering internally balanced 400 cranks. Factory, they were all externally balanced. If it has an aftermarket crank, it could very well be internally balanced.
But but but...you said! Dammit! Now I will never find out without looking at casting numbers. A 400 crank would have to be turned down though yes?

All else I know is that this motor cost like 2500 bucks

Quote:

Unread 04-24-2013, 09:41 PM   #25109
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
But but but...you said! Dammit! Now I will never find out without looking at casting numbers. A 400 crank would have to be turned down though yes?

$2500 these days or 5-10 years ago?
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #25110
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

You would have to do some research but the factory 400 also had a counter balance on the flex plate. Not sure if it would need one if it was internally balanced.

A factory crank would have to be turned down at the mains. However, just as with the aftermarket internally balanced cranks, there are companies that made 400 cranks that were bolt in ready.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.