Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1669 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #25021
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Khris, I want one of those for the TJ, but working now, so can I call dibs!?

Unread 04-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #25022
sirhk100

Crap.... somebody come and slit my throat cause I just had the dumbest idea in history!!!! I wonder how much I could sell my toyota for? LOL Cause I kinda want to build a jeep speed. I'm pretty sure I have the physical skill to pull it off and I wonder if the toyota would sell for enough to fund a full ground up build. Hmmmmmmmmm And if I could beat Jason's truck in a jeepspeed that would just make it that much funnier! LOL I'm talking out my butt right now but yes, the thought did just cross my mind.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #25023
sirhk100

Power has it... The other one is spoken for already too thru a text message. Not 100% sure it will work though, if it does rad, if not I'll post up and it'll be available again.

This is assuming Andy doesn't pull dibs. If he does, then the text came before 2:33 so I kinda gotta give dibs to that, the text owner can probably show you the time on his phone, he beat you buy like 4 minutes. I'm sure Andy would give you his ugly grey one though. LOL Or you can beat him up and take the dibs from him? Personally, Andy's selling his jeep so I think he shouldn't get it but I'm still giving him first dibs since I used him as a test fit guinea pig on the ugly one pictured above.

Either way, that was quick...

Unread 04-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #25024
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

More proof that pigeons are filthy, disgusting hellspawn!
image-3809235081.jpg  
Unread 04-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #25025
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Khris, You need to come up with some hood lock solution that does not suck. My wife was just told that if we still end up going to Germany that it would be in our best interest to get one. I guess they are starting to make the Jeep owners lift their hoods everytime they go through the gate. Something about how easy it is for some scumbag to plant something under the hood.
Unread 04-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #25026
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Khris, You need to come up with some hood lock solution that does not suck. My wife was just told that if we still end up going to Germany that it would be in our best interest to get one. I guess they are starting to make the Jeep owners lift their hoods everytime they go through the gate. Something about how easy it is for some scumbag to plant something under the hood.
Remember that Non disclosure form I mentioned I had to sign last week... Whether we're going to take it on is out of my hands but what I saw was REALLY nice and SUPER functional, just needed some fine tuning love to dial it for a sellable product. If we don't take it on, I promise somebody will jump on it. The guy had a list of vendors to approach for selling the idea that was a page and a quarter long and his idea was too good not to run with. It's up to the bossmen and that guy though to come to terms as to if we're going to jump on it or not.

Actually, how creative are you? What the guy put together was just using simple parts from home depot and the autoparts store. It was so simple it was amazing and it worked insanely well!!!! Super clean install and everything. I can't go public here with it but I could describe it to you in person to the point where it would probably make sense and you could figure it out.

Unread 04-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #25027
sirhk100

Oh btw... Power, I gave that HID setup to Merrick to get to you with those spacers. If you like them toss me some cash whenever. If not, just get them back to me whenever... LOL

And those crazy mexicans down south of the border with money took my soccer mom wagon idea and totally upped the anti!

Unread 04-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #25028
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Well I I know that the one Jeep sells just keeps the catch release from going up. I have been told by numerous sources that you can just reach around it.

Personally I would like to see something that is one of those strattec locks (http://www.quadratec.com/products/55216_9000.htm ) that is fitted onto a grill inserts like you guys already make.

The lock would allow you to just use the ignition key, while the inserts would stop the problem with the reach around. Something would have to be done to the lock cylinder to keep the elements out of it, esp with it being on the forward facing side.
Unread 04-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #25029
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Greg, problem solved! Haha

image-1675180129.jpg

image-622437385.jpg
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #25030
sirhk100

Like I said, I signed that form so I really really can't say anything on how it worked but there was no way anyone would be able to reach up in to bypass it, it was insanely clean install, worked perfect, heck, you could drive around without your hood latches if you wanted with what this guy had done. I think I said it last week but if I still had my jeep, I'd be making myself one for sure. Would probably take a couple hours of trial and error to get it dialed in and working.

Unread 04-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #25031
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Power has it... The other one is spoken for already too thru a text message. Not 100% sure it will work though, if it does rad, if not I'll post up and it'll be available again.

This is assuming Andy doesn't pull dibs. If he does, then the text came before 2:33 so I kinda gotta give dibs to that, the text owner can probably show you the time on his phone, he beat you buy like 4 minutes. I'm sure Andy would give you his ugly grey one though. LOL Or you can beat him up and take the dibs from him? Personally, Andy's selling his jeep so I think he shouldn't get it but I'm still giving him first dibs since I used him as a test fit guinea pig on the ugly one pictured above.

Either way, that was quick...
To be honest, I like the ugly grey one on mine. Kind of pulls the colors together a little bit better.

I also have to say that I really like it being there. When I am carrying and driving, I can't reach my firearm if it is in the holster. In the car, I have a nice little cubby just ahead of the shifter. No such animal in the Jeep. So instead, it goes in this.

I did have to get used to it being there a little bit. I hit my knees on it more than a few times when getting in and out. I think a taller person wouldn't have that issue because you sit further away from the dash. After having it for a little bit, I no longer hit my knees and the part is no worse for wear.

All in all, I give it two thumbs up!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #25032
Garza
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Crap.... somebody come and slit my throat cause I just had the dumbest idea in history!!!! I wonder how much I could sell my toyota for? LOL Cause I kinda want to build a jeep speed. I'm pretty sure I have the physical skill to pull it off and I wonder if the toyota would sell for enough to fund a full ground up build. Hmmmmmmmmm And if I could beat Jason's truck in a jeepspeed that would just make it that much funnier! LOL I'm talking out my butt right now but yes, the thought did just cross my mind.
I would have already done it, but if I understand correctly to run Jeepspeed Cup you have to run Mandated General tires, and Mandated ATX wheels??? Plus I'd be out with a GM motor, but I swear I saw a Jeepspeed Cup TJ at the Mint that had a GM motor in it???

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!" BF
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #25033
sirhk100

LOL, I edited the other post to "RR" for random search safety... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
I would have already done it, but if I understand correctly to run Jeepspeed Cup you have to run Mandated General tires, and Mandated ATX wheels??? Plus I'd be out with a GM motor, but I swear I saw a Jeepspeed Cup TJ at the Mint that had a GM motor in it???
Wait a second, you wouldn't race in arguably the most active and tightest running class in all of offroad racing with exception of the 1600 buggies cause of the tires and wheels you have to run? DGAF on that stuff, I'm far from brand loyal. THe thoughts of lining up against the number of entries they have far exceeds my loyalty to a component brand. Heck, other then running a Ford in BITD is there another class with as much payback as jeepspeed?

And I think you're right, I swear I've seen a GM powered jeepspeed also, not too current on the rules though either. They were doing the first split to the unlimited stuff when I got out of riding shotgun in my friends and he had to park it due to finances.

Unread 04-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #25034
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
I'm leaning toward this...

http://www.lapolicegear.com/maxpedit...arslinger.html

Looks like it will hold a laptop and all my tools and the pistol.
That looks nice, but expensive. If you end up getting it, I would love to see what it looks like in real life
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #25035
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Thanks for that! I had seen those in the past and thought about it but never bought because I didn't know anyone that had any.
X2, honestly never hear of them, but something I will look into based on this review
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.