Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1666 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #24976
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
biggest craigslist petpeve is when i put in my ads "if the listing is still up i still have it" and get friggen emails asking if i still have said item for sale. stupid people in this world
Biggest personnal pet peeve is when I show a report to my boss and he asks "okay, what am I looking at here?"

You don't ****ing know? You can't ****ing find the error? I found it in all of three seconds. I fixed it just as ****ing fast. You can't figure out what the **** was done wrong? Then when I explain it to him, he questions my methods. Look *****, I know what the **** I am doing. Ever wonder why none of my reports have errors and I look over everybody elses? Because I know how to do my ****ing job.

Okay, I am done now. Have a good day!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 08:43 AM   #24977
sirhk100

I'm just gonna try and slide thru today minimally... I was only at work for 2 hours yesterday and went home sick. Hoping I can last today.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #24978
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Biggest personnal pet peeve is when I show a report to my boss and he asks "okay, what am I looking at here?"

You don't ****ing know? You can't ****ing find the error? I found it in all of three seconds. I fixed it just as ****ing fast. You can't figure out what the **** was done wrong? Then when I explain it to him, he questions my methods. Look *****, I know what the **** I am doing. Ever wonder why none of my reports have errors and I look over everybody elses? Because I know how to do my ****ing job.

I
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #24979
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

He does't need to know your job. He only needs to know whats in the PDG/SKT... that's why he's your boss. haha
Unread 04-23-2013, 09:00 AM   #24980
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

So on the way back home today I was making a right hand turn into a parking lot. There was no one behind me for a while, yet this lady in a lowered bullit mustang decides that she has to make her left hand turn in front of me. Meanwhile I am not slowing down because of her, so she has to dart into the parking lot. Needless to say the parking lot had a nice rutted incline and she bottomed out so hard while I almost plowed into her quarter panel. I have never even heard my frame hit a rock that hard on the trail. And for what may you ask did she do this... so she could beat me inline at McDonalds.
Unread 04-23-2013, 09:59 AM   #24981
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Power, check lapolicegear.com for a murse. The one I use to and from work won't hold a laptop but has a hidden compartment you could fit a desert eagle in if you wanted. They probably have bigger ones that will hold laptops and such.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #24982
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
He does't need to know your job. He only needs to know whats in the PDG/SKT... that's why he's your boss. haha
True words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I have never even heard my frame hit a rock that hard on the trail.
That is because you have a transmission line between your frame and the rocks. Besides, there aren't too many rocks on the way to the day care and mall.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #24983
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Regarding the long arm short arm discussion, think in terms of arm angles for ride quality. It isn't the only important factor, but it's a big one. The higher you lift, the steeper the control arm angle which is bad. Think of having a very steep arm angle on the front. When you nose up to a rock or obstacle the front axle will want to push back under the frame toward the rear axle instead of up and over the obstacle. There are other geometric forces at work here but that's the general idea. I thought the rear is very easy to fix by cutting the stock mounts off the axle and just rotating new mounts upward so the pivot is in line with the center of the axle. The front is more difficult because the design is better than the rear. I would also probably look at only Currie if I were going to buy another kit. Discuss...
Unread 04-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #24984
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Personal. That was an error. A ****ing error Andy.
Unread 04-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #24985
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

That is because you have a transmission line between your frame and the rocks. Besides, there aren't too many rocks on the way to the day care and mall.

And when was the last time that your Jeep saw 4wd?

It is not between the frame and the rocks, but it does hang a little too low for me

Unread 04-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #24986
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I cannot decide which one I want to get once funds are available.

http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-6003.htm

or

http://www.offroadevolution.com/stor...rod=EVO-PROTEK
Unread 04-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #24987
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

$400 though! Ouch! I bet we could make one... I would have to look at it again to find a front attachment point.
Unread 04-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #24988
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post
Regarding the long arm short arm discussion, think in terms of arm angles for ride quality. It isn't the only important factor, but it's a big one. The higher you lift, the steeper the control arm angle which is bad. Think of having a very steep arm angle on the front. When you nose up to a rock or obstacle the front axle will want to push back under the frame toward the rear axle instead of up and over the obstacle. There are other geometric forces at work here but that's the general idea. I thought the rear is very easy to fix by cutting the stock mounts off the axle and just rotating new mounts upward so the pivot is in line with the center of the axle. The front is more difficult because the design is better than the rear. I would also probably look at only Currie if I were going to buy another kit. Discuss...
No....now you have altered the link separation so you must move the uppers.....it's not that easy.

Here is mine......one would think that with the rocks my Jeep actually sees, I would have been crazy to leave my lower mounts below the axle centerline...........

Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #24989
sirhk100

Anxious to line up against this dude one day! I'm hearing rumors he's in the midst of swapping in a newer 4.0L tacoma motor. He'll have us on power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0fZFC5l5kHM

From what I can see, he's setup to be smooth in the small stuff but it doesn't look like he's setup to run in the big bumps like we are.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #24990
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Anxious to line up against this dude one day! I'm hearing rumors he's in the midst of swapping in a newer 4.0L tacoma motor. He'll have us on power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0fZFC5l5kHM

From what I can see, he's setup to be smooth in the small stuff but it doesn't look like he's setup to run in the big bumps like we are.
If the truck works and you drive like you did on Sat......the only person to beat you would be you....just saying, you kicked some arse!!
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.