Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1665 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #24961
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post

Recently, I have spent more time listening to talk radio than music. LOL.
Thats all i do ant more. 100.5 FM

Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #24962
Firewater
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Here's a topic for everyone. I'm pretty sure you all know what I do for a living. I am looking for a backpack/pouch/bag/etc that can conceal a G17 sized pistol and at least one magazine. This bag would need to have room for typical hand tools(pliers, screw drivers, etc) and possibly room for a laptop. We will be getting them later this year. I've seen the single strap backpacks available, but haven't seen one in person. Company policy prohibits weapons, but I'm going to ignore that if I can find a good concealment pack. I need something that i can justify for constant carry with management, thus the need to hold tools and parts and stuff. ideally, presentation of the pistol would be smooth and relatively quick. Any ideas?
I use a maxpedition bag. The pistol hides in a zippered compartment closest to your hip. I can fit my G35 in there no problem. I carry to work in it with no one the wiser. I just explain my murse because of my jeep and not trusting stuff to be left inside it.
http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...ection-c65.htm

9846b_general.jpg.jpeg
Firewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #24963
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza

Yes, short arm. Hence the blue LJ I built. It fully utilizes 10" travel shocks, which will soon be modified to use 11" travel shocks without any changes to the control arm length. That Jeep is 99% bolt on readily available products, does everything out here with ease and has no ill effects in handling on or off road.

When one pays attention to properly setting bump stops, and correctly adjusting control arms you'd be amazed at what it (short arm) can do within intended means. Unfortunately, internet lore and the all the cool guys using the terms "long-arm" has become norm, and many will buy into it.
Brand? Also why not long arm? I have heard that offroad they don't really offer that much benefit, but onroad they are more stable. I don't really care much either way(long or short) , I am just curious for if/when I end up having to replace my suspension.

What does your rig have? Long arm or Short arm? I thought I read that you had a custom LA setup
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #24964
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I need to know too.
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 08:27 PM   #24965
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewater

I use a maxpedition bag. The pistol hides in a zippered compartment closest to your hip. I can fit my G35 in there no problem. I carry to work in it with no one the wiser. I just explain my murse because of my jeep and not trusting stuff to be left inside it.
http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...ection-c65.htm
This looks pretty close to what I'm looking for. Anywhere local selling them? I would like to see one in person before buying.
Unread 04-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #24966
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

So, not all is well with the Jeep. Warm startup is almost impossible. I hope it's just the plugs that are fouled....

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #24967
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

Brand? Also why not long arm? I have heard that offroad they don't really offer that much benefit, but onroad they are more stable. I don't really care much either way(long or short) , I am just curious for if/when I end up having to replace my suspension.

What does your rig have? Long arm or Short arm? I thought I read that you had a custom LA setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
I need to know too.
Garza has the same basic suspension as the Currie/Savvy EMC rig.

Build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/un...k-hole-569828/

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #24968
Firewater
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post

This looks pretty close to what I'm looking for. Anywhere local selling them? I would like to see one in person before buying.
I got mine from Amazon. I haven't seen them local anywhere, but I don't frequent the gun shops too often. There is too much temptation to spend all my money there.
Firewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #24969
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post

IMHO, the best most complete bolt on suspension" kit" on the market is the Currie 4", this also entails the Currie steering set-up, trac-bars, and anti-rocks. I or the owner lol im sure will be happy to show anyone here the blue LJ. It's the perfect balance of simple but fully functional. Currie actually has some options for springs many don't know about.

My Jeep is neither long or short arm. I use 28" lowers and if it was to be labeled I would call it a mid-arm. Mine is fully custom because of what I demand of my Jeep. I ran a pieced together short arm set-up for 3+years, I simply outgrew it's capabilities. To get a little technical I have a 4-link rear, 3-link front with trac-bar. I have 15" of travel front and rear. My steering is a custom design with absolutely zero bumpsteer through out the full range of travel......most wont notice the detail in my Jeep unless you look close and understand the what and why. My goal was to stay sleeper, but built to handle anything I could throw at it. MOST important it had to handle great on the street, and be capable of sustained highway speeds, wheel the hardest trails, and get me home.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #24970
4x4Brit
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Anyone here ever use one of the Freon top up cans for your AC? Any negatives? My AC is blowing cool but not cold, cold like it was last year.
4x4Brit is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 11:28 PM   #24971
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

They are a good temp fix to improve cooling, but it will not get it back to new. To do it right you need to have a vacuum on the system then install the freon. If you keep on installing the cans you can over pressurize the system fast.
Unread 04-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #24972
4x4Brit
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
They are a good temp fix to improve cooling, but it will not get it back to new. To do it right you need to have a vacuum on the system then install the freon. If you keep on installing the cans you can over pressurize the system fast.
That makes sense. So a one shot deal to get me through basically.
4x4Brit is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 12:08 AM   #24973
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Just go to a shop and do a ac leak check? You could have a small leak.
Unread 04-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #24974
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Here's a topic for everyone. I'm pretty sure you all know what I do for a living. I am looking for a backpack/pouch/bag/etc that can conceal a G17 sized pistol and at least one magazine. This bag would need to have room for typical hand tools(pliers, screw drivers, etc) and possibly room for a laptop. We will be getting them later this year. I've seen the single strap backpacks available, but haven't seen one in person. Company policy prohibits weapons, but I'm going to ignore that if I can find a good concealment pack. I need something that i can justify for constant carry with management, thus the need to hold tools and parts and stuff. ideally, presentation of the pistol would be smooth and relatively quick. Any ideas?
Maxpedition makes alot of nice suff that should fit your needs.

Check our local laws though, some places don't consider a back pack a legal way to conceal carry.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #24975
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

biggest craigslist petpeeve is when i put in my ads "if the listing is still up i still have it" and get friggen emails asking if i still have said item for sale. stupid people in this world
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.