Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1664 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #24946
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Maybe. This is just my opinion of what I see happening. I think the FBI was caught with their pants down again and in the heat of the moment went after the Saudi. Not saying the guy didn't deserve it I just think the FBI isn't as efficient (there is probably a better word) as it once was.
I am of the belief that he had a lot more to do with it than we are being lead to believe. Nobody can explain why a known terror suspect on the Terror Watch List was allowed to leave the country on a privately chartered aircraft in the midst of an FAA flight ban.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #24947
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Doesn't every animal feed itself? I interpreted the poster to be leading one to believe that fish are a self replenishing resource due to the fact that they cannibalize their dead...therefore "feeding" themselves.
Unread 04-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #24948
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Garza; it's a well known fact that you don't like any off the shelf LA suspensions, however in your opinion, is there one that tends to be better than others for those that do not have the means or the resources for a custom setup?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #24949
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here's a topic for everyone. I'm pretty sure you all know what I do for a living. I am looking for a backpack/pouch/bag/etc that can conceal a G17 sized pistol and at least one magazine. This bag would need to have room for typical hand tools(pliers, screw drivers, etc) and possibly room for a laptop. We will be getting them later this year. I've seen the single strap backpacks available, but haven't seen one in person. Company policy prohibits weapons, but I'm going to ignore that if I can find a good concealment pack. I need something that i can justify for constant carry with management, thus the need to hold tools and parts and stuff. ideally, presentation of the pistol would be smooth and relatively quick. Any ideas?
Unread 04-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #24950
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Is you fanny pack not big enough anymore?
Unread 04-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #24951
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Here's a topic for everyone. I'm pretty sure you all know what I do for a living. I am looking for a backpack/pouch/bag/etc that can conceal a G17 sized pistol and at least one magazine. This bag would need to have room for typical hand tools(pliers, screw drivers, etc) and possibly room for a laptop. We will be getting them later this year. I've seen the single strap backpacks available, but haven't seen one in person. Company policy prohibits weapons, but I'm going to ignore that if I can find a good concealment pack. I need something that i can justify for constant carry with management, thus the need to hold tools and parts and stuff. ideally, presentation of the pistol would be smooth and relatively quick. Any ideas?
:lol:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=murse

5. murse
a man's designer bag, to hold a laptop and other man supplies, such as bongs, pipes and firearms.
damn did u see Ty's new murse that's phat! He can fit a laptop, glock and bong all in it and it's got gucci prints all over it! Phat!

murse, laptop bag, manbag, pimpbag, man purse, gangsta loc bag
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #24952
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I usually carry a back pack that I carry in while at work due to the size and weight of my xd. That is part of the reasoning of needing a smaller gun. Hopefully soon I will be getting a new job where I work inside and not in the dAnk pit known as east Las Vegas.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #24953
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It's not purse! It's a satchel, Indiana jones had one! Rofl

My fanny pack finally wore out...lol
Unread 04-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #24954
sirhk100

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfwm...oKKkmw&index=1

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #24955
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Garza; it's a well known fact that you don't like any off the shelf LA suspensions, however in your opinion, is there one that tends to be better than others for those that do not have the means or the resources for a custom setup?
Yes, short arm. Hence the blue LJ I built. It fully utilizes 10" travel shocks, which will soon be modified to use 11" travel shocks without any changes to the control arm length. That Jeep is 99% bolt on readily available products, does everything out here with ease and has no ill effects in handling on or off road.

When one pays attention to properly setting bump stops, and correctly adjusting control arms you'd be amazed at what it (short arm) can do within intended means. Unfortunately, internet lore and the all the cool guys using the terms "long-arm" has become norm, and many will buy into it.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #24956
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza

Yes, short arm. Hence the blue LJ I built. It fully utilizes 10" travel shocks, which will soon be modified to use 11" travel shocks without any changes to the control arm length. That Jeep is 99% bolt on readily available products, does everything out here with ease and has no ill effects in handling on or off road.

When one pays attention to properly setting bump stops, and correctly adjusting control arms you'd be amazed at what it (short arm) can do within intended means. Unfortunately, internet lore and the all the cool guys using the terms "long-arm" has become norm, and many will buy into it.
I remember reading the same when I was shopping for a lift. I read an article about how people were going from long arms back to short arms because they had poor performing LA kits.

Here's my question what should someone look for in a kit. My guess would be adjustable arms, quality shocks and springs, adjustable track bars. Is there anything else to look for?
Unread 04-22-2013, 05:55 PM   #24957
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Badassery

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #24958
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
I am of the belief that he had a lot more to do with it than we are being lead to believe. Nobody can explain why a known terror suspect on the Terror Watch List was allowed to leave the country on a privately chartered aircraft in the midst of an FAA flight ban.
Nothing to see here, move along.........

I agree, something's very fishy, listened to a little bit of Glenn Beck on the radio this morning.
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #24959
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball

Nothing to see here, move along.........

I agree, something's very fishy, listened to a little bit of Glenn Beck on the radio this morning.
Recently, I have spent more time listening to talk radio than music. LOL.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #24960
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Recently, I have spent more time listening to talk radio than music. LOL.
I used to but it wore me out. M Savage is hilarious though I still catch his show.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.