Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1663 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!

Unread 04-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #24931
sirhk100

But long arm looks cooler and if you saw it last night, I'm assuming you're on your way to cali to buy it right?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #24932
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Ask roobicon about his 700 in 308

As far as barrel length, longer does not necessarily mean more accurate.

20" barrel will still be good to 800 yards and in those distances there is no real advantage to a 26" barrel, accuracy wise.

What the 26" barrel will get you is more velocity which will result in more range. As said, the 20" will be good to 800 yards no questions, probably still okay to 1000, where as the 26" will definitely get you 1000.

26 is alot longer and heavier.

Also, as mentioned optics are key. You are going to buy a 700 dollar rifle, you should be planning to spend at least that much on the optic. Plus mount and rings (another few hundred).

It adds up fast. Without even doing a new stock or anything your 700 dollar rifle will cost you about $1800

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #24933
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Ask roobicon about his 700 in 308

As far as barrel length, longer does not necessarily mean more accurate.

20" barrel will still be good to 800 yards and in those distances there is no real advantage to a 26" barrel, accuracy wise.

What the 26" barrel will get you is more velocity which will result in more range. As said, the 20" will be good to 800 yards no questions, probably still okay to 1000, where as the 26" will definitely get you 1000.

26 is alot longer and heavier.

Also, as mentioned optics are key. You are going to buy a 700 dollar rifle, you should be planning to spend at least that much on the optic. Plus mount and rings (another few hundred).

It adds up fast. Without even doing a new stock or anything your 700 dollar rifle will cost you about $1800
Isn't there a gun thread?
Unread 04-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #24934
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

26 is alot longer and heavier. I fact it is exactly 6 inches longer! haha
Had to comment on the obviousness of your statement! haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #24935
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
But long arm looks cooler and if you saw it last night, I'm assuming you're on your way to cali to buy it right?
Already in Cali. Meeting his son in about 40 minutes.

Okay, I lied. I can't afford it without selling the Jeep first. Unless you want to give me a loan.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #24936
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

So my jeep seems to be running as normal now. I'll probably replace the spark plugs to be safe.

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #24937
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
So my jeep seems to be running as normal now. I'll probably replace the spark plugs to be safe.

Posted from outer space.
Yeah, cause spark plugs can make it overheat! :tongueout: lol
Unread 04-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #24938
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Yeah, cause spark plugs can make it overheat! :tongueout: lol
Sparkplugs themselves, no. However a fouled plug on the other hand can cause incomplete combustion leading to fuel loading up. That would then cause detonation which would lead to overheating. Would it actually happen? Not without the Jeep running like complete **** and probably multiple CEL codes but hey, this is JeepForum and logic plays no role!

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #24939
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

No obviously spark plugs don't cause overheating. They can become superheated and crack causing a motor to run poor.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #24940
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
but hey, this is JeepForum and logic plays no role!
Go buy that ranger then!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #24941
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Go buy that ranger then!
Money logic vs. Jeepforum logic...

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #24942
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sitting at work bored as **** and nobody is in here talking. Therefore, I am going to insert a topic for you bastages to discuss.

Saudi National that was detained in conjunction with Boston Marathon bombing on Terror Watch List. Connected or No? Your thoughts?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #24943
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Fish are zombies?!
img_0030_2.jpg  
Unread 04-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #24944
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
Sitting at work bored as **** and nobody is in here talking. Therefore, I am going to insert a topic for you bastages to discuss.

Saudi National that was detained in conjunction with Boston Marathon bombing on Terror Watch List. Connected or No? Your thoughts?
Maybe. This is just my opinion of what I see happening. I think the FBI was caught with their pants down again and in the heat of the moment went after the Saudi. Not saying the guy didn't deserve it I just think the FBI isn't as efficient (there is probably a better word) as it once was.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #24945
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Where are you getting fish are zombies from that? By your reasoning, because you feed yourself, you are therefore a zombie.

From now on, I am going to have someone come over to my house to feed me. If I do in fact at some point feed myself, I will then put a well placed round into my brain bucket. I will not be zombified.

I wonder if this is the real reason for the Luby's Cafeteria massacre?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.