Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1658 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #24856
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

Here is a hint to help. My 01 xj would do the same thing. It was not the radiator. Because its an inline 6 the number 3 injector will get boiling hot and you will start to get a miss and it can cause a limp mode like power. I got some heat shield exhaust rap and rapped it the best I could and it solved the problem. There may be other factors as I haven't ever worked on your jeep but that was my problem.
Woke up to a check engine light....seems to be running fine. Looks like a stop at vatozone before we head back....

Posted from outer space.

other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #24857
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Look Ma, no springs! or shocks, or sway bar...

forumrunner_20130420_174924.jpg

Gonna fill this spot with some storage: 2.5 gal 200 psi air tank, no more 7.5-8 min per tire fill up for me.. maybe only 7 min now

forumrunner_20130420_175216.jpg
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #24858
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

Gonna fill this spot with some storage: 2.5 gal 200 psi air tank, no more 7.5-8 min per tire fill up for me.. maybe only 7 min now
You have enough room?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #24859
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yep! It'll fit between the control arms, above the muffler & driveshaft and gonna bolt it to the front wall of the bed. Gonna have to mount to the e-brake bracket at a bit of an angle to make it fit better, but that will make less of a curve for the brake lines. Peeled the heat shield stuff off of the bottom of the tub, will wrap that part of the tank with it (since the tank will be in that spot instead) and call it good with that. Ran out of steam, but got the parts purchased, some steel cut to make some good solid brackets to bolt through the flimsy sheet metal into, and a plan on how to move forward. As soon as I get it mounted, I am gonna start bending some more 3/8in brake line to run from the T fitting behind my air chuck on my front bumper out to another T that will branch off to the tank, then when I get time/ambitious to run more line to another chuck at the back of the vehicle. The way I have it in my mind is to eventually have the option air up front and back at the same time.
Unread 04-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #24860
sirhk100

Andy, Merrick, you guys left too early! LOL Missed the craziness of it almost rolling! LOL Good times, got my heart beat up a bit. Garza "might" have it on film but even if he does, the angle may suck... Curious to see the in car footage here in a bit that's for sure! It probably won't look nearly as sketch as it felt, ricky and dave both saw it though.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #24861
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

This ma****a is done!

image-103138506.jpg

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #24862
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
This ma****a is done!
Looks great! When you slappin it in?
Unread 04-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #24863
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post

Attachment 612138

Attachment 612143
No fair, i want on board air! I dont know why, i just do!

Your jeep is beastly even with no wheels haha

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 04-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #24864
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Looks great! When you slappin it in?
somebody over on IFSJA is mailing me a set of u bolt plates for this type of D44, i need to order u bolts, and another guy over there is mailing me a reamer that i need to use to make the hole in the pitman arm bigger to fit this style of tie rod end.

So, after that, i can get it swapped under the truck, and then i can pick up a new set of calipers and I'll be ready to rock!

Then i get to pull apart the rear again, new bearings, etc.

Quote:

Unread 04-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #24865
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

BTW I didnt put the locker in the front. decided against it at this point, wont be terribly hard to do it later if I want. Still may throw it in the rear too.

Quote:

Unread 04-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #24866
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Andy, Merrick, you guys left too early! LOL Missed the craziness of it almost rolling! LOL Good times, got my heart beat up a bit. Garza "might" have it on film but even if he does, the angle may suck... Curious to see the in car footage here in a bit that's for sure! It probably won't look nearly as sketch as it felt, ricky and dave both saw it though.
So bummed that I had to leave when I did. I had a great time out there! While I know that my truck won't be anywhere near as fast, riding in the race truck just reaffirmed to me that I want one! That was seriously badass!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #24867
sirhk100

Mo betta, less betta, oh exactly what you expected out of it?

Funny part is Ricky's friend John ended up with the best ride of the day... LOL

Found a jump, nothing major, ricky posted the very first hit on facebook, ended up hitting it quite a bit harder but probably not much more air. Just a small little hit.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #24868
Firewater
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone have a auto glass place they like? Driving to work yesterday through a construction zone the car in front of me kicked up a rock and cracked my windshield. I just spent 4 days off road in Death Valley and my first day back to work my jeep gets it.
Firewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #24869
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
somebody over on IFSJA is mailing me a set of u bolt plates for this type of D44, i need to order u bolts, and another guy over there is mailing me a reamer that i need to use to make the hole in the pitman arm bigger to fit this style of tie rod end.

So, after that, i can get it swapped under the truck, and then i can pick up a new set of calipers and I'll be ready to rock!

Then i get to pull apart the rear again, new bearings, etc.
That is not considered done then. Done is when it is rolling up the road and you have a matching set of wheels!!! Maybe you can have it done by the first of the month so we can't give you crap at Hooters
Unread 04-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #24870
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
The way I have it in my mind is to eventually have the option air up front and back at the same time.
That's exactly what I did with mine. Just picked up some fittings. I've got a bunch of 3/8 stainless tubing I'm going to bend up and run to the chucks from the tank. I used the little rubber furniture feet to cover the chucks to keep dust and ish out of them. Works great and they're cheap!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.