Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1657 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #24841
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

It took me 9 hours to get to LA last night. Damn newish cars. We took my inlaws BMW because they wanted to "do us a favor" and save money on gas. I get to Victorville and the damn thing is over heating. No biggy my guess is maybe its a little low on coolant should be fine once we fill her up. Wrong! The radiator cap is not holding pressure. It is too late to rent a car, find a shop, and they just took towing off of their ins. policy. So I call pep boys, they say they have a cap. Wrong. Vatozone tells me they can have it in 4 days. So I say f it fill her up and keep driving. Had to stop 8 times to let it cool and fill back up. Dropped it off at BMW of Anaheim the part is not in stock and will have it Monday. It's going to be a long trip back tomorrow night.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #24842
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Meet up for the race truck is now 1pm not noon!
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #24843
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG
Meet up for the race truck is now 1pm not noon!
Beat me to it.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #24844
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Beat me to it.
That must mean I got notified earlier, and that I'm cooler than you (but we already knew that didn't we)! Haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #24845
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
It took me 9 hours to get to LA last night. Damn newish cars. We took my inlaws BMW because they wanted to "do us a favor" and save money on gas. I get to Victorville and the damn thing is over heating. No biggy my guess is maybe its a little low on coolant should be fine once we fill her up. Wrong! The radiator cap is not holding pressure. It is too late to rent a car, find a shop, and they just took towing off of their ins. policy. So I call pep boys, they say they have a cap. Wrong. Vatozone tells me they can have it in 4 days. So I say f it fill her up and keep driving. Had to stop 8 times to let it cool and fill back up. Dropped it off at BMW of Anaheim the part is not in stock and will have it Monday. It's going to be a long trip back tomorrow night.
The jeep was getting heat soaked going to California yesterday....it never overheated, but it had ZERO power. It needs a new radiator BAD.

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #24846
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG

That must mean I got notified earlier, and that I'm cooler than you (but we already knew that didn't we)! Haha
Means that I was in the shower when the text came through. I didn't go straight to to interwebz, I finished my shower first.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #24847
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared

The jeep was getting heat soaked going to California yesterday....it never overheated, but it had ZERO power. It needs a new radiator BAD.

Posted from outer space.
Here is a hint to help. My 01 xj would do the same thing. It was not the radiator. Because its an inline 6 the number 3 injector will get boiling hot and you will start to get a miss and it can cause a limp mode like power. I got some heat shield exhaust rap and rapped it the best I could and it solved the problem. There may be other factors as I haven't ever worked on your jeep but that was my problem.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #24848
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Power
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/3754080327.html

upper links look stock to me I'm not sure how that works with long arm lowers?
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #24849
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

POWER! Get it!

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
Unread 04-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #24850
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

Here is a hint to help. My 01 xj would do the same thing. It was not the radiator. Because its an inline 6 the number 3 injector will get boiling hot and you will start to get a miss and it can cause a limp mode like power. I got some heat shield exhaust rap and rapped it the best I could and it solved the problem. There may be other factors as I haven't ever worked on your jeep but that was my problem.
I'll look into doing that. However it is my radiator. There's a huge puddle of water under the Jeep this morning. The coolant is a rust color, so I'm sure it's halfway clogged.

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
Unread 04-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #24851
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Here's a link for the kit
http://www.teraflex.biz/tj-wrangler-long-arm-kit.html
I'm not seeing the upper links but the belly skid is worth a lot to. If I don't get the Willy's maybe I'll get this and throw it on my YJ frame
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #24852
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

So on the way to the grocery store I saw this Toyota get creamed. A fire truck was coming and she stopped but the box truck behind her didn't. Her car was a sedan. She got hit so hard the rear window was 20ft behind her and the radio flew out of the dash. Anyway, the really messed up thing was that at a major intersection, with at least 20 cars, I was the only person who stopped to check on the lady. WTF is wrong with people today?!?!
image.jpg  
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 05:19 PM   #24853
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
So on the way to the grocery store I saw this Toyota get creamed. A fire truck was coming and she stopped but the box truck behind her didn't. Her car was a sedan. She got hit so hard the rear window was 20ft behind her and the radio flew out of the dash. Anyway, the really messed up thing was that at a major intersection, with at least 20 cars, I was the only person who stopped to check on the lady. WTF is wrong with people today?!?!
Holy hatch back batman!!!
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #24854
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

That will buff out.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #24855
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
Looks like the crumple zone did it's job too.
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.