Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1655 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 04-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #24811
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

Yet I get crap for stock white rims! HA!
If you had all four on we could call you a retro hipster

Unread 04-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #24812
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

anybody see any issues here? I'm thinkin on it, going to see what kind of deal i can work i guess.

http://mohave.craigslist.org/pts/3700239614.html

http://mohave.craigslist.org/pts/3700246222.html

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 10:29 PM   #24813
sirhk100

Okay, we'll give it a shot... Anyone interested, noon at this spot. Should be obvious. Black chevy, car trailer, green race truck if it's not there Merricks jeep and Garza's jeep will possibly be there also if they're not out screwing off too. Either way, if the truck isn't there, hang out, it'll be back soon and I doubt there'll be many others there. Typically most people stage in the lake bed. Mostly just race testing stages from here.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=las+v...k,+Nevada&z=18

Pretty much can guarentee some rides for anyone that shows up as long as the truck is running good. I'll have a helmet with me. Bring drinks, kids or adult beverages (I obviously won't be drinking but I won't tell you you can't...), guns if you want to shoot around the corner from where we're staged, jeeps if you want to take off on a spur of the moment run, whatever. Don't be shy, cruise out and say hello and get a ride probably if interested.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #24814
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
anybody see any issues here? I'm thinkin on it, going to see what kind of deal i can work i guess.

Yep, 4 problems: they are far away, not already assembled, not already in your Jeep, and takes $$$ away from the gun fund.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #24815
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Okay, we'll give it a shot... Anyone interested, noon at this spot. Should be obvious. Black chevy, car trailer, green race truck if it's not there Merricks jeep and Garza's jeep will possibly be there also if they're not out screwing off too. Either way, if the truck isn't there, hang out, it'll be back soon and I doubt there'll be many others there. Typically most people stage in the lake bed. Mostly just race testing stages from here.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=las+v...k,+Nevada&z=18

Pretty much can guarentee some rides for anyone that shows up as long as the truck is running good. I'll have a helmet with me. Bring drinks, kids or adult beverages (I obviously won't be drinking but I won't tell you you can't...), guns if you want to shoot around the corner from where we're staged, jeeps if you want to take off on a spur of the moment run, whatever. Don't be shy, cruise out and say hello and get a ride probably if interested.
Have a great time! Wish I could make it but thanks to Andy stopping by this evening and letting me run some ideas by him, I am gonna be pullin a Khris and wrenchin instead of playin.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 10:40 PM   #24816
sirhk100

You're priorities are right! LOL

BTW, anyone that's like me and tries to live in Sandals, if you come tomorrow make sure you bring some shoes for in the truck. Other then that, I've got a spare xl helmet and also a pair of gloves never hurts to wear either honestly. It's not very luxurious in the cab and lots of metal...

Unread 04-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #24817
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
No, it's an everyday thing. Mandatory
Okay, okay, everyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

Have a great time! Wish I could make it but thanks to Andy stopping by this evening and letting me run some ideas by him, I am gonna be pullin a Khris and wrenchin instead of playin.
Never a problem. If you want me to come by and lend a hand, just let me know.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 10:44 PM   #24818
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You're priorities are right! LOL

BTW, anyone that's like me and tries to live in Sandals, if you come tomorrow make sure you bring some shoes for in the truck. Other then that, I've got a spare xl helmet and also a pair of gloves never hurts to wear either honestly. It's not very luxurious in the cab and lots of metal...
There is not that much more metal than what there is in your typical car. This just lacks all the plasticky parts that usually covers the metal parts.

Did you ever get some grip tape on the floor? It won't be complete until then. I know, I saw it on DR!

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-19-2013, 10:47 PM   #24819
sirhk100

If you say so... I don't remember ever buying a car without carpet, headliner, door panels, plastic paneling oh and with tubes everywhere around you. Can't vouch that EVERY sharp edge in the cab is deburred... I tried but I'm sure there's one somewhere waiting to draw blood sooner or later. Just saying, some might not exactly know what they're signing up for so just saying...

Unread 04-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #24820
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

I would request some more upclose pictures before you drive down there. Esp around the cylinders on the block. It looks like there is some major pitting on cylinder 6 of that second picture. While the head gasket will fill in some of the pitting, I would be worried about the longevity of it. The pitting is not only around the cylinder wall, but it is also around the oil drain and water jacket.

Do a search and see what dodge recommends as a pitting tolerance. I would also call a few reputable machine shops and get some input from them. I understand that cast iron block will have some imperfections, but that look more like corrosion from a blown head gasket or a good overheating.
Unread 04-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #24821
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If you say so... I don't remember ever buying a car without carpet, headliner, door panels, plastic paneling oh and with tubes everywhere around you. Can't vouch that EVERY sharp edge in the cab is deburred... I tried but I'm sure there's one somewhere waiting to draw blood sooner or later. Just saying, some might not exactly know what they're signing up for so just saying...
I was trying to ease people fears a little and you come out with that? Metal bits waiting to take a bite? I was trying to make people a little more at ease so that when they actually saw it, they wouldn't want to get in thereby giving me more seat time. Thanks a ton for the help buddy!

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #24822
sirhk100

I offered a helmet, what more do they want! I don't have any liability release forms so if we roll and die in a ball of fire, it's not my fault!

BTW, we now have 2 spare fuel pumps... The pump itself wasn't burned up, it was the harness inside the fuel cell shorting out... Shorts make sparks, sparks inside fuel cell... Yeah, think about that one!!!

Unread 04-19-2013, 11:49 PM   #24823
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I offered a helmet, what more do they want! I don't have any liability release forms so if we roll and die in a ball of fire, it's not my fault!

BTW, we now have 2 spare fuel pumps... The pump itself wasn't burned up, it was the harness inside the fuel cell shorting out... Shorts make sparks, sparks inside fuel cell... Yeah, think about that one!!!
I had the random thought that it couldn't be all that bad. We tried to fire it up in your garage and it didn't blow but then I thought about the fuel sloshing around while offroad and well... Boom! Hell, you don't even have to have a short, the increased resistance could cause it to heat up and it is splodey time.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #24824
sirhk100

Boom boom boom!!!! If it happens, at least tell them I wasn't a terrorist, I was just a racer dude with poor prep skills that lacked highly in the electrical stuff...

Unread 04-20-2013, 12:03 AM   #24825
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Boom boom boom!!!! If it happens, at least tell them I wasn't a terrorist, I was just a racer dude with poor prep skills that lacked highly in the electrical stuff...
Would it be better if those of us in the military and carry firearms around shoot the hell out of the truck after it goes splodey and tell the authorities that we thought you were a suicide bomber? At least I might be able to claim PTSD. LOL

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.