Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1647 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 04-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #24691
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
So basically you're thinking the set screw isn't getting enough grip onto it? there's a "flat" on the shaft if I remember right. Make sure it's squared up to that flat while tightening. Basically kinda rock/twist it a bit while tightening so that it'll want to naturally square up.
I actually just pulled it off and saw the flat portion and the length of the set screw. The screw is longer than I thought. I was worried about it only having one thread left and stripping out that thread. Even with it tight it will probably work itself loose due to the movement on the bottom. The OD of the shaft is right at .436 while the ID of the knob is .469. It is not really that much of a gap. I would assume if you went tighter that some jackhole would not be able to get it on.

Unread 04-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #24692
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
shopruger.com for steel 30rd ar mags for $20!!!
Aim surplus had pmagsin stock yesterday for $14/ea

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #24693
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Andy what did you ever decide on the 40k service?
I think I am going to just pay them to do it. I thought about having them do the fluid and filter changes and just leaving the rest but...

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #24694
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Aim surplus had pmagsin stock yesterday for $14/ea

Posted from outer space.
Day late and a dollar short. Sold out. Thanks for the heads up...

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #24695
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
I think I am going to just pay them to do it. I thought about having them do the fluid and filter changes and just leaving the rest but...
http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/VCHUC.html

Once you get a vag-com you can do almost anything with the computer. If I read right before, one is needed to run the fuel pump to purge out the fuel filter.
Unread 04-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #24696
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I would like to see puck in something like this http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/rvs/3746039597.html
Unread 04-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #24697
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I really am not looking to do all the work on the VW though so I would be buying a $350 tool for a once or twice time use.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #24698
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I would like to see puck in something like this http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/rvs/3746039597.html
The damn thing would never get up over a speed bump with my fat *** in it.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #24699
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

haha, just wait til you see the cost of everything. Dealer maint = crazy markup.

Nope, no sir, this does not rub anywhere http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ctd/3667957141.html
Unread 04-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #24700
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
haha, just wait til you see the cost of everything. Dealer maint = crazy markup.

Nope, no sir, this does not rub anywhere http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ctd/3667957141.html
I have seen the dealer markup. If I need any other services on the VW after the 40K, it will go elsewhere.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #24701
sirhk100

Greg, you should be able to crank down on that thing pretty damn good to get it tight. There's quite a bit of thread engagement and honestly, if you mess it up, I'll get you another one. Only scare would be it getting stuck on there obviously. LOL

On another note... Just had a dude come in and shop a product idea to us. Had to sign a non disclosure on it but man... This dude has one... If we don't take it, I can promise his product is going to be on the market within a year most likely. We're interested in it but he didn't have a $$$ number to start at and obviously we didn't want to toss out too high or undercut and insult the dude. We're gonna do some research on our end and get back to him in a week or so with a plan if we want to go for it. It's a jeep part, not blingy, not that exciting but super functional! Honestly, if I had my jeep, I'd be at home depot this weekend putting together the parts he had. It was 100% stuff pieced together from a hardware store. The system needed refined and tuned up but the concept was pretty legit!

Yes, I know that's a tease, it's nothing that exciting like some magnetic long travel suspension. In fact it's actually a fairly boring part but it's something very functional that would probably sell well once refined at the right price point.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #24702
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Greg, you should be able to crank down on that thing pretty damn good to get it tight. There's quite a bit of thread engagement and honestly, if you mess it up, I'll get you another one. Only scare would be it getting stuck on there obviously. LOL

On another note... Just had a dude come in and shop a product idea to us. Had to sign a non disclosure on it but man... This dude has one... If we don't take it, I can promise his product is going to be on the market within a year most likely. We're interested in it but he didn't have a $$$ number to start at and obviously we didn't want to toss out too high or undercut and insult the dude. We're gonna do some research on our end and get back to him in a week or so with a plan if we want to go for it. It's a jeep part, not blingy, not that exciting but super functional! Honestly, if I had my jeep, I'd be at home depot this weekend putting together the parts he had. It was 100% stuff pieced together from a hardware store. The system needed refined and tuned up but the concept was pretty legit!

Yes, I know that's a tease, it's nothing that exciting like some magnetic long travel suspension. In fact it's actually a fairly boring part but it's something very functional that would probably sell well once refined at the right price point.
Wooden seat covers will not sell. Hate to burst your bubble.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #24703
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Raptor, Forgot to measure this morning, I'll try again tonight or tomorrow. Sorry
Unread 04-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #24704
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Wooden seat covers will not sell. Hate to burst your bubble.
You obviously don't know the market very well!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #24705
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

random question:

Whats the average cost to have a set of V8 heads rebuilt?

Reason I ask is that I know of a set of 360 heads that are 100% rebuilt, 0 miles on them for sale in Kingman. Probably get them for $250 or less. Not sure of the details of the build, they look just stock, but may be easier than dealing with getting mine rebuilt and may be a better deal.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.