Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1644 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Huge Soft top SaleAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Unread 04-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #24646
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I once mailed a dead squirrel to my brother. I just put it in 3 layers of freezer ziplock bags.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #24647
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

I'm confused?
Raptor0206 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #24648
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncityj View Post
At first, I was thinking what the hell does this guy want to send this church **** for? Then I clicked the link...
I am considering sending them human fecal matter. As well as anything else gross I can come up with. What a dumb *** church.
Ummmm, if you don't know westboro church, then just read up a little bit on them. Sending them dog crap is light compared to what they deserve!
I'm gonna go out on a limb and pretty much say, you're personal opinion on a lot of controversial topics doesn't matter which side you fall on... read the "funeral pickets" section here to see all you need to see...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

Here's yesterday's actions by them for quick reference.

Quote:
On April 15, 2013, the church posted a press release to its Twitter account in which it thanked God for that day's Boston Marathon bombings, and announced its plan to "picket the funeral of those killed". Pointing out that the federal government is classifying the bombings as a terrorist attack, yet is being unclear about whether it is of a "domestic or foreign nature", the release went on to claim to answer the question with, "Here's a hint — GOD SENT THE BOMBS! How many more terrifying ways will you have the LORD injure and kill your fellow countrymen because you insist on nation-dooming filthy *** marriage?!" By early the next morning, nearly 4,000 people had signed a We the People petition on the White House website asking for the banning of such demonstrations by the church at victims' funerals. Additionally, a posting that same day on a Twitter account affiliated with the hacker group Anonymous warned that Church leaders would be targeted if they made good on their threat to picket the funerals

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #24649
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Ummmm, if you don't know westboro church, then just read up a little bit on them. Sending them dog crap is light compared to what they deserve!
I'm gonna go out on a limb and pretty much say, you're personal opinion on a lot of controversial topics doesn't matter which side you fall on... read the "funeral pickets" section here to see all you need to see...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church
I commend the guy who bought the house across the street from that "church" and painted it like a rainbow just to piss them off! haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #24650
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Khris, get a pint of heavy cream and put that in the now. It will ripe on arrival! Lol
Unread 04-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #24651
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Khris, get a pint of heavy cream and put that in the now. It will ripe on arrival! Lol
nice!

Unread 04-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #24652
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Whatever you do, you need to make sure that it is sealed so that you are not taking it out on the mail man. I would consider a USPS flat rate box to save some money.
You could also outsource http://www.poopsenders.com/ to make sure that you are not violating any postal regulations by sending a bio hazard
Unread 04-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #24653
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Woohoo!

Huge victory for gun owners today, everything that was being voted on got shot down.

Assault weapons ban is dead.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #24654
sirhk100

Yeah, I will for sure seal it... I'm not looking to punish the undeserved by anymeans!

Unread 04-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #24655
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Bear with me if there are any mis-spellings in this. I am a bit peeved right now. I have an eye condition known as keratoconus. It is a degenerative eye disease that affects 1 in about 3000 people. Causes are unknown but it is suspected that it is biological. Onset typically starts in the mid-teens. The later in life that it comes up, typically the faster it progresses. I was diagnosed at 30 and am progressing at a very fast pace especially in my left eye. If left untreated, it eventually leads to corneal rupture and blindness. There is currently no cure. Basically it is a weakened cornea that loses its shape. Because the cornea is no longer keeping shape, the light passing through the cornea to the retina is refracted in multiple directions making for very blurry vision. My left eye is so bad in just three years that an orb scan can no longer be done on my eye. If it continues on the same pace, I will likely be blind in my left eye within a couple of years.

There are a couple of different treatment options. First and foremost is rigid, gas permeable contact lenses. Because the contact lens is rigid, it holds the cornea in shape and prevents it from getting worse. The problem with that is that they have to be able to take an orb scan so that the contact lens can be made for the eye. Otherwise it is a lot of trial and error. The second is a small plastic ring that is surgically implanted into the cornea to hold it in shape. The problem is that this actually makes the cornea weaker than it originally was and must be done over and over again. If done too early, the scar tissue eventually leads to blindness so therefore not a good option for me. The third option is corneal transplant. It is typically done on those that have either already had a corneal rupture or are on the verge of one. It is not a viable option for me currently. Lastly, there is a new treatment known as cross linking. That involves cutting the outer layer of cornea off putting some vitamins (A and B2) on the eye and then shooting it with UV light to beef up the collagen that holds the layers of the cornea together making the cornea stronger. This can lessen the effects of the condition making it easier to treat with the contact lenses and prevent it from getting worse.

I am a poster child for the last option. It is my best option at current. The problem with it is it has not yet been approved through the AF. With current regulations, it is a disqualifier for service. Meaning that even if I had it done on my dime, I would then lose my job. Being that it is my best option, I applied for a waiver that would get the AF to pay for the procedure at an off base provider and not lose my job. That was denied. So, I filed an appeal with the conditions that I pay for the procedure and if my eyes got worse, I would then face a medical evaluation board and medical retirement. I got word today that that too was denied. I have no more appeals. My ophthalmologist told me that he wouldn't turn me in if I went behind the AF and did it anyway but he couldn't say the same for any other eye doctor and there is no promise that I will always see him. Going that route would get me kicked out losing out on retirement, medical or otherwise. Basically, my best option isn't allowed! Thank you very ****ing much!

So, here I am. My options include doing nothing and going blind, doing the surgery and losing my job as well as a earning a dishonorable discharge, or trial and error for a contact lens that will help. You would think that a procedure that costs about as much as a single set of custom made contact lenses would be approved based upon cost savings, but no. To put it into perspective, with the contact lenses that I have already tried that haven't fit, The procedure would have been paid for 3 times over and the corrective contact lenses afterwords would be easy because the orb scan would be able to be done. Well, I get to try yet another set of contact lenses on May 8 so there we go.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #24656
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

that sucks man, sorry to hear they've kind of put you between a rock and a hard place.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #24657
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Woohoo!

Huge victory for gun owners today, everything that was being voted on got shot down.

Assault weapons ban is dead.
Site?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #24658
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Marn, buy this willys and put that spare engine in your garage in it!

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3749844143.html
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #24659
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
KHRIS STOP READING HERE------> #

I know most of you homo's on here are starbucks drinking apple fans... but for those of us that have an android platform, what craigslist app are you using. I did have craigslist notification, but they quit supporting it. I was able to still save searches, but none of the text would appear.

All of the other apps that I try will only let you search but not save or constantly run the search.
Well I have IOS AND Android and I am married to a woman and don't drink coffee so I guess I don't really fit your targeted audience. BUT I do use a craigslist app simply called craigslist mobile by YYH creative. Don't really use a notification feature so I don't know if it has that.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #24660
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Marn, buy this willys and put that spare engine in your garage in it!

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3749844143.html
i sent a email on the willys

ANYONE you guys know of have a set of 15" wheels for sale that would fit a TJ with 12.5 wide tires? I picked up a set of tires from Dave today and then found out the D windows are on back order until mid may. Im looking for a cheap but nice set that i can throw on my TJ to sell it with so i can keep my grabbers.
Raptor0206 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.