Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1642 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #24616
sirhk100

I've always thought those looked painful...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #24617
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

but it makes it so easy to drive with the vato bracelets on!!
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #24618
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I think it adds a real performance increase. Probably gets better mileage with all the speed holes as well.

Did that D nozzle from Kansas ever leave?
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #24619
sirhk100

shhhh, don't wake him!!!

Ugh... hate it when songs stuck in my head!!! LOL Good video though... Funny...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0aRb4rAq0I

Tonight, find intake tubing, install front door speakers, pull out system from whitey, install deck in red, Pull front shocks off red, tinker with whatever else looks like it needs tinkering with. Maybe pull fuel pump out of race truck.

Unread 04-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #24620
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
My problem with the width isn't from the axles...they're perfect. I just want to be able to use factory Moab wheels with the lift and 33" tires. It seems that when going to larger tires, clearance becomes and issue.
Not sure what width tire you're looking at but I'm rocking 33x10.5's on stock canyons and I only rub at full steering lock which a couple washers on the stop will fix. Iím happy with the tire size and would recommend it.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #24621
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
maybe pull fuel pump out of race truck.
this!:d
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #24622
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

KHRIS STOP READING HERE------> #

I know most of you homo's on here are starbucks drinking apple fans... but for those of us that have an android platform, what craigslist app are you using. I did have craigslist notification, but they quit supporting it. I was able to still save searches, but none of the text would appear.

All of the other apps that I try will only let you search but not save or constantly run the search.
Unread 04-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #24623
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Well 285/75/16 tires are 32.8/11/16 where 305/70/16 are 32.8/12.1/16.
Some tire sizing for you. The 285's will fit better on moabs, IMO.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #24624
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Question of the day! A little back story first. I think i know what's going on, but want opinions.
TJ-intermittent issue. Open door, and no dome light. Key in ignition, no beep with door open. Turn key to no lights on dash, and nothing when key is turned. Like battery is disconnected or very dead. Jumped it to start on Saturday night. Drove around the block and parked it in the garage. Got home last night and opened the hood. Opened the passenger door and the dome light came on. Key on, dash lights and beeps. Went around to the driver side and started the engine with full speed crank and like normal. What component is failing? Like I said, I think I know what it is, and it's like a $5 part.
Unread 04-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #24625
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I know most of you homo's on here are starbucks drinking apple fans...
An Apple a day keeps the IT tech away!
Unread 04-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #24626
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
this!:d
I guess I could do that first since it's kinda day light dependent being out doors and all.

If anyone sees smoke from my area tonight, just assume you won't hear much from me anymore... I hate playing with gas!

If I get it out this afternoon, I can do the mods I want to do and probably get it popped back in place tomorrow night if not tonight. Then it just needs some tires swapped out and lugnut check, fluid check all the way around, quick general nut/bolt check and ummmmm... Should be good to go I believe. Assuming it fires up that is...

I guess I also can toss out an invite. "Tentatively" we're taking the race truck out on Sat. I've got rides promised to Merrick, Andy, Garza and his friend Dave. Jason also has requested some video shoots and I'm hoping between Ricky and Dave's cameras we can get some stuff. Not onboard but external type runs. He's asked for footage from a couple specific areas which is the least I can do for him seeing as how I'm taking his truck out and he might literally be on a flight to london. We'll stage from our normal spot but I'm hoping either Andy or Merrick will be there with their jeep to kinda jump around a bit with as well in addition to the race truck. Chances are there'll be opportunities for other rides cause of some of the filming stuff. Can't promise a ton of seat time by anymeans and it would also depend how many people are there I suppose but chances are you'd get some seat time assuming we have a good day.

I'm thinking at least 4 of these loops will be done though with 1 loop per name above. This loop will be a good mix of straight up wide open and higher speed stuff to full blown brutal beat the **** out of you going kinda slow rough race type stuff.

We'll be parked here somewhere and if you want an idea of that loop, just zoom out and figure out what I've GPS'd...

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=las+v...evada&t=h&z=18

And then rides would probably happen for the video shot stuff. I'll have a spare helmet with me to share for anyone riding shotgun.

Gotta get the truck to fire up and prep before I say we're in 100% though. I'm leaning towards a mid morning type deal and if Ricky and Dave's schedules allow I'm thinking spend some decent time out there if not make a full day kinda deal out of it even since this isn't a pre race test and the truck doesn't have to be fresh for some race coming up in weeks or anything like that. Merrick mentioned bringing out a grill so possibly bring some stuff to toss on if you wanted? Turn this into the "thank you" ride for those that have helped and that "open ride" type day that I've mentioned in the past. Will get details as we know more but keep it in mind and schedule open if you want to come out and hangout, watch, maybe get some seat time too even. Heck, bring the jeeps, make a trail day out of it or something...

This is one section he wants video from for instance and it's part of that loop shown above...

The other is the straight section kinda at the top running parallel to LVB is the other section he wants video from. It's BRUTAL!!! I think Merrick's been thru it with me in my truck.

Oh, and no, you can't drive it... Sorry, that's the agreement me and Jason have, me, him or his wife are the only ones behind the wheel. Any one else, it's his approval, not mine...

Unread 04-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #24627
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I will have my Jeep and my buddy John in the Blue LJ will be out there also if this goes down......I need pics of my Jeep at least looking like it goes fast lol
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #24628
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
KHRIS STOP READING HERE------> #

I know most of you homo's on here are starbucks drinking apple fans... but for those of us that have an android platform, what craigslist app are you using. I did have craigslist notification, but they quit supporting it. I was able to still save searches, but none of the text would appear.

All of the other apps that I try will only let you search but not save or constantly run the search.
craigsnotifica 2.84

http://m.rick.store.aptoide.com/app/...Craigsnotifica

Its the old good version it still works unlike the "updated" ones

EDIT btw if you have a app that you liked before it was updated just put the old name and version .apk in the search and you can download it online for free
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #24629
sirhk100

We can race!!! LOL If I get the pump pulled out today and modified I should know that it's running by tomorrow evening. At that point we can figure out times and what not. I'm not looking for crack of dawn by anymeans but also don't want to be out there late either. Supposed to be 90ish Sat last I saw so should be a good day. I'll be bringing the full gear with me though, pit box, nitro bottle, tools, jack, etc... Would like to spend some serious time out there having fun if possible, I'm still working on getting paid back for my labor and this is some of it... LOL

If things go really well, we can race expo vs. jeep next weekend maybe? HAHAHA In reality, if things go well, I'll be looking to take the expo out testing next weekend! Race truck this weekend, expo next... Assuming parts show up and I can figure out how to make it all work and fit somewhere!

Unread 04-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #24630
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Question of the day! A little back story first. I think i know what's going on, but want opinions.
TJ-intermittent issue. Open door, and no dome light. Key in ignition, no beep with door open. Turn key to no lights on dash, and nothing when key is turned. Like battery is disconnected or very dead. Jumped it to start on Saturday night. Drove around the block and parked it in the garage. Got home last night and opened the hood. Opened the passenger door and the dome light came on. Key on, dash lights and beeps. Went around to the driver side and started the engine with full speed crank and like normal. What component is failing? Like I said, I think I know what it is, and it's like a $5 part.
loose or coroded battery cables
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.