Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1638 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-16-2013, 04:20 AM   #24556
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Rear

Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #24557
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Is it just me or are there more JK's out there lifted with the stock spare? I actually saw a Sahara yesterday with 33's... but the spare was a stock sport spare. It just screamed budget dealership build for a profit. I just wonder why/how a sport spare ended up on it.
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #24558
sirhk100

Who carries a spare tire? Mine sits in my sideyard behind my trailer where it belongs! Duh!!!

Got the center console installed in the expo last night. Also got the rear door speakers installed and door panels reinstalled in the back too. They've been off for a few weeks since we did the fiberglass install. I actually need to pull one panel back off though and see what's jamming up on the lock mechanism. Will probably knock out the front speaker swap tonight or tomorrow night. Hoping to pickup some more intake puzzle pieces tonight and then will get some tubing I need to get going on that also over the next couple nights. Hoping to order a filter by the end of the week for it and also hoping I can jerry rig something temporary up at least as well soon.

I'm going to be pretty busy on Friday evening and Sat but hoping to get my steering rod ends before the end of the week. If that works out my intentions are to spend sunday building and mocking up the steering system. I'm ordering the tubing for my tie rods today, hopefully 1.25 x .281 DOM will be strong enough. It's more then what some of the HD jeep tie rods are but not the heaviest either... My gut feeling is it will be okay. I'll use some cheaper scrap I have laying around for mockup and design cause for the price of this tubing, I don't want to cut it too short that's for sure!

I'm thinking next week or the following weekend I'll be looking to do the headliner and possibly get started on the rock sliders too along with maybe the rear bumper.

Anyways, there's actually starting to be a little light at the end of the tunnel on this build. Possibly can be driving it again next week if materials all show up and then should be done with fab/build a few weeks into May and ready for testing to be followed by body/paint once I know everything is working right and I won't have to cut anything up after the fact...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #24559
sirhk100

Hey Andy, was looking thru old photos and found this one. Let's do this on yours. I'll design it, you pay to have it custom machined. I'm sure the cable and setup would be easy to do... It enables you to adjust your bypass tubes on the fly from in the cab! You need these!!! LOL Better yet, find some load sensors and a techy guy to program them to auto adjust for you even!

Unread 04-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #24560
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Hey Andy, was looking thru old photos and found this one. Let's do this on yours. I'll design it, you pay to have it custom machined. I'm sure the cable and setup would be easy to do... It enables you to adjust your bypass tubes on the fly from in the cab! You need these!!! LOL Better yet, find some load sensors and a techy guy to program them to auto adjust for you even!

I am down with that. I would go with the cable set-up to start with and then turn my grand father loose with the load sensors.

Oh, and ear mark those radius arms for me.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #24561
sirhk100

did you look into them? On DR in the build section where I have my build thread, there's another one I think titled JesseA's expo or something along those lines. They're using them on that one.

Here's a random thread on them...

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...ght=james+duff

BTW, when you hold them, you can tell they're pretty damn legit!!! They're HEAVY!!! and by looking at them, it must be in the tubes cause there's not a whole lot to them really.

I'll leave keeping the expo on the ground and mobile up to you though. Come figure it out and they're yours. You know where the tools are! LOL

Unread 04-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #24562
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Woo girl got me some new boots for my birfday!

image-687611374.jpg

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #24563
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looking at wheel spacers. I know a few of you guys run them with no problems, but am still a bit concerned with them. Ive been looking at the spidertrax ones. Any other manufacturers I should consider? What site gives the best prices with shipping? THe best I've come up with is around $200 for the four.
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #24564
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Looking at wheel spacers. I know a few of you guys run them with no problems, but am still a bit concerned with them. Ive been looking at the spidertrax ones. Any other manufacturers I should consider? What site gives the best prices with shipping? THe best I've come up with is around $200 for the four.
I've been using Rough Country with no issues...

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #24565
sirhk100

I believe Merricks are rough country as well and substantially cheaper.

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_wheel_spacers.html

$120 for a full set and Merrick says there's a discount if you order direct and tell them you're a member of this forum.

Heck, talk him into selling his!!! He was talking about taking them off this past weekend with the tire/wheel combo he's got now. He left them on but could probably be convinced to part with them.

Why the concern with them? First hand experience stuff or what you've read on the internet? Cause if you read on the internet you'll swear a spool will kill you on the street and wear out your tires in like 20 miles. Yet in reality, it's just not the case. And I can go on and on and on with that kinda of stuff where you read one thing on line yet talk to people with first hand experience and they tell the opposite story. So which do you believe? And that's why I'm asking... Is the spacer concerns from 1st hand knowledge or what you've read online somewhere?

Unread 04-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #24566
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
did you look into them? On DR in the build section where I have my build thread, there's another one I think titled JesseA's expo or something along those lines. They're using them on that one.

Here's a random thread on them...

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...ght=james+duff

BTW, when you hold them, you can tell they're pretty damn legit!!! They're HEAVY!!! and by looking at them, it must be in the tubes cause there's not a whole lot to them really.

I'll leave keeping the expo on the ground and mobile up to you though. Come figure it out and they're yours. You know where the tools are! LOL
I have been following Jesse's build because I want to see how the rear comes out. I know he was planning on canti arms. I may or may not wind up taking the same route. Frame rigidity may become an issue offroad and short of a bed cage, I don't see any real way to limit it. In my case the truck leaning towards multi-purpose (go fast, crawling, and camping) a bed cage may or may not limit the overall function of the truck. If I have to cut up the bed to make room for shocks, I have a pretty good idea on how to do so.

As for the radius arms, while I was reading his build, it never occured to me that he was using the same arms. I haven't heard from Copykat on his next run of D44 brackets but being that I don't have a truck yet, no big deal. I am still not real sure about the front diff being directly under the frame and how much bump travel I lose by going that route. And there is also the downside of the front bolt pattern no longer fitting the wheels that I was saving for the build but being that those wheels fit a TJ and I could sell them relatively easily no real big lose there either.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #24567
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Powr, spacers in the States get a lot of bad press on forums for some reason that I haven't figured out. I belive it has to do with people not taking the time to check mounting torque. In Europe, a lot of cars come from the factory with wheel spacers. One of the BMW's that I owned there had them and so did my Ford Sierra beater.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #24568
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Who carries a spare tire? Mine sits in my sideyard behind my trailer where it belongs! Duh!!!
You do, in fact you carry two. Check out the back of the truck you built sometime, its those big heavy round things
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #24569
sirhk100

Sorry guys for talking ford designs here... LOL

Andy,

If you're going to do the D44 swap, verify that the radius arms are the same. I have no clue but just a detail you probably need to check. I don't know if the height of the beams are the same or different. If they're different it may not make the arms I have work...

As for the uptravel clearance. Does copycat's brackets lower the pivot point at all? Like 2"ish or so? If so, you'll most likely be fine with the up travel on that driver beam. If you haven't seen this thread check it and pay specific attention to dezertwifephoto and simon... It's the same guy posting under his wifes account occasionally in that thread. I believe he's dropped his pivots that 2" which allows him the MASSIVE travel he's got. That thing is a monster and really there's not a whole lot of secrets to it! I still would love to see a picture with his driver at full droop and pass at full bump though cause I swear he doesn't have the clearance he needs in the window!

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/gene...tm#post3290129

This is the same truck, I've always thought this was pretty gnarly for a 4wd prerunner/crawler type rig!

Unread 04-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #24570
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Finally sent in my taxes on sunday night. New rifle might be in the future.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.