Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1635 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-14-2013, 10:26 PM   #24511
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Well I found out what the bull bar is for today. I was out tooling around on Lovell Summit Road when nature called.

It was my first time taking that road, I was tempted to do potato ridge, but I was by myself and not feeling that brave.

Also I was looking on google maps, is the potosi mountain road that goes all the way to the summit accessible? It looks like it would have some good views from up there.

Unread 04-14-2013, 11:05 PM   #24512
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Khris your expo is looking good!
Funny thing is I don't like how it looks in the pictures. When I see it in my garage all I can think is it looks pretty damn mean! Slap the bumper on the front and it makes me want to go put it and 4 lo and cruise the mall all night!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 11:11 PM   #24513
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Got jungle gym?

Got fenders mounted???
Looks freaking badass!

I got one control arm off the Jeep today before my phone rang and I got called away. Big thanks to my family for totally screwing up my day. LOL

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 01:09 AM   #24514
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Last I heard, the Potosi summit trail was blocked off. It has been blocked off for a while, but we were able to drive around the gate. Apparently, they got wise to that and installed more big rocks where we bypassed the gate. You would scrape going over the rocks on the gate bypass. The first time I went up, a JKU scraped pretty good, and got a little high centered. A better line and being a rubi would help. I haven't seen it recently, but could be talked into checking it out sometime. The view from the top is amazing! It would also be an exceptional place for camping, but since you're technically trespassing, it could be cause for issue if the wrong official caught you up there. I would also be mildly concerned about possible mountain lions up there because its fairly well wooded and definitely remote.
Unread 04-15-2013, 02:33 AM   #24515
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Last I heard, the Potosi summit trail was blocked off. It has been blocked off for a while, but we were able to drive around the gate. Apparently, they got wise to that and installed more big rocks where we bypassed the gate. You would scrape going over the rocks on the gate bypass. The first time I went up, a JKU scraped pretty good, and got a little high centered. A better line and being a rubi would help. I haven't seen it recently, but could be talked into checking it out sometime. The view from the top is amazing! It would also be an exceptional place for camping, but since you're technically trespassing, it could be cause for issue if the wrong official caught you up there. I would also be mildly concerned about possible mountain lions up there because its fairly well wooded and definitely remote.
I wanna go, I never been
Raptor0206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #24516
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

It's even easier to go through bypassing the gate nowadays, I was up there about two months or so ago!
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #24517
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Anybody in the market for some new toys!

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...bstory_index=0
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #24518
sirhk100

Well, I've got the plate work needed already on hand to fab up some of my steering parts. Just ordered another $200 in rod ends and working on the material for the tie rods now! Hoping to have everything in motion today! Will have rod ends before end of the week. Will be STOKED if I can get the tubing also cause then Sunday I can probably knock out my steering system and then the only thing keeping it from driving would possibly be the intake which I could probably jerry rig to get me by for street use at least! It won't be officially finished but not too bad to have it running considering I basically started the project on 3/11... Month and a half basically to knock out a full suspension swap/build, fiberglass install and will likely have most of my interior knocked out by the end of this week too hopefully.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #24519
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone know how to post PDF files?
Unread 04-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #24520
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Couple pics from the Tie rod run yesterday.

Unread 04-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #24521
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
Couple pics from the Tie rod run yesterday.

who is the blue/alimunum LJ?

I saw that out in goodrprings 2 or 3 weeks ago. I was walking into the pioneer saloon and it was driving down some road behind it.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #24522
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Here's some after-install pics. They're a bit hidden, but after the lift, they'll look a lot better. They're quite pretty under there though.
Apparently you are alot faster at axle swaps than I am.

I'm going on a month and a half here.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #24523
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Apparently you are alot faster at axle swaps than I am.

I'm going on a month and a half here.
His was simple though. All he had to do was take old out, slap new in.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #24524
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I'm Not entirely done with mine. There's some small things that need attention, mostly brake line routing issues that i'm not happy with, but it's drivable!

Garza, that black ZJ looks surprised or scared or stoned with the headlights like that! lol

Mas OT today! get to start to hours early, Mandatory two hour OT called in by the boss. Well on the way for the lift. The goal line is getting closer. Hopefully some fool buys my axles for the 750 I posted them for. Have to list high so that when they jew me down, it's where I wanted them. Realistically hoping for around 500 for both!
Unread 04-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #24525
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, I'm Not entirely done with mine. There's some small things that need attention, mostly brake line routing issues that i'm not happy with, but it's drivable!

Garza, that black ZJ looks surprised or scared or stoned with the headlights like that! lol

Mas OT today! get to start to hours early, Mandatory two hour OT called in by the boss. Well on the way for the lift. The goal line is getting closer. Hopefully some fool buys my axles for the 750 I posted them for. Have to list high so that when they jew me down, it's where I wanted them. Realistically hoping for around 500 for both!
racist.gif

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.