Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 163 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 12-09-2011, 09:04 AM   #2431
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

well I guess since we broke into the whole religious debate maybe we should go all the way,
who is the better politician?
4.0, 3.8, or 3.6?
Rubicon or not?
TJ or JK?
35's or 33's?
45acp or .357?
am I missing any?

gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #2432
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
well I guess since we broke into the whole religious debate maybe we should go all the way,
4.0, 3.8, or 3.6?
Rubicon or not?
TJ or JK?
35's or 33's?
45acp or .357?
am I missing any?
I love my 3.8 JK Rubicon Unlimited (needed the back seat cause of the whole Mormon thing). Currently running 33s, but not because I think 35s are evil, despite the way certain people interpret that verse in Leviticus. I carry a 9mm, but mostly cause the ammo is everywhere, and it's likely that if I shoot a bad guy in my house, I can take his ammo to go after his jerk friends in my yard. Personly, I prefer my rifle, but you can't bu ammo for it. I gotta make my own. It shoots a .25 bullet out of a necked down. 308 casing, and it goes like stink.

Yes, I like dog, but I'm not into dogs.
Unread 12-09-2011, 11:23 AM   #2433
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I was in Herman's corner until he was outed. I didn't give Billy a pass for infidelity, so Herman doesn't get one either. The way I see it, if he would betray the people closest to him, he wouldn't have a problem screwing over strangers. If Newt gets the nod, even though he's a big cheater too, I'll support him.

4.0, 3.8, or 3.6?
3.6 Pentastar. There will likely be a few bugs to work out, but if it proves to be reliable, the technology is built in. In a few more years, it will probably be mated to the 8 speed trans.

Rubicon or not?
If you don't have the means to build up a Jeep, Rubicon. If you have the desire, ability and funds, you can build any Jeep to tolerances you want.

TJ or JK?
TJ is time tested, but I would prefer the room of a JK. Unfortunatey, not in the finances.

35's or 33's?
With a TJ, max 33's. On a JK, 35's or 37's.

45acp or .357?
I like my S&W 3913. It's a 9mm, but it serves its purpose. I doubt anyone unfortunate to get hit with it would discuss the caliber that opened him up.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #2434
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
45acp or .357?
I like my S&W 3913. It's a 9mm, but it serves its purpose. I doubt anyone unfortunate to get hit with it would discuss the caliber that opened him up.
You just have to watch out for wild donkey's on PCP.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 12:49 PM   #2435
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

45 acp all the way! It may be a slower bullet but much heavier! Like a sledge hammer!
Unread 12-09-2011, 12:55 PM   #2436
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I would like a jk 4dr if it had the 4.0 i6, on 35s, have a tj with plans for 33s(think they look great with 33) politicians- none of the above, they are all corrupt selfish pieces of ----! Ysb is right about rubis- but you can build a bullet proof tj for way less than the new rubi price, they have come down quite a bit, but the secret is look for one wearing street tires!!
Unread 12-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #2437
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
...but the secret is look for one wearing street tires!!
Good point. When it comes time to sell mine, I'll take off my ProComps and slap on some cheap Walmart tires so the buyer won't know I beat it up like it owed me money. That's great advice, Powr! Thanks!
Unread 12-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #2438
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Balut was one of my favorites...
Dude...I'm Filipino and even I have to say, you're gross.

For those who don't know, balut is a duck egg. When it's eaten it's not quite a duck. Not quite an egg. It's like eating an abortion.
balut3.jpg  
Unread 12-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #2439
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Dude...I'm Filipino and even I have to say, you're gross.

For those who don't know, balut is a duck egg. When it's eaten it's not quite a duck. Not quite an egg. It's like eating an abortion.
The one you have pictured is a bit more developed than those I used to get, but it's the same idea. It's kind of like a hard boiled egg with a surprise inside.
Unread 12-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #2440
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Blah! Why didn't you just go to McDonalds there like a normal person and order a small coke, large fries and a McDog.
Unread 12-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #2441
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Davidson, are there any good Asian markets around here. Our side of town. Seafood City on Maryland has a great selection and prices, but I hate driving over there just for them.
Unread 12-09-2011, 03:12 PM   #2442
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Also, are there any good flea markets around here open during the week? I've been to one, but it mostly sold cheap, new items. I was hoping to find a flea market that sold stuff people didn't want anymore. Back in Florida, I used to find some real treasures at flea markets.
Unread 12-09-2011, 03:13 PM   #2443
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by youstupidbunny View Post
also, are there any good flea markets around here open during the week? I've been to one, but it mostly sold cheap, new items. I was hoping to find a flea market that sold stuff people didn't want anymore. Back in florida, i used to find some real treasures at flea markets.
flea world!
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #2444
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

McMutt is back! For a limited time only. Participation may vary.
Unread 12-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #2445
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Davidson, are there any good Asian markets around here. Our side of town. Seafood City on Maryland has a great selection and prices, but I hate driving over there just for them.
I used to have a pinoy coworker who could get me balut at one of the Asian markets, but they wouldn't sell anything to me when I showed my Anglo face. Alas, my pinoy friend is in Cali so I don't have my hookup for that particular behind the counter special.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.