Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1624 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rugged Ridge 07-14 JK Sherpa Roof Rack available @ Oconee Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 04-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #24346
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post

You know someone that would buy them? 3.73 gears with less than 25k miles!
Id but the front off you if I lived there

xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #24347
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Nope, she's staying for sure now! For about 1/4 the cost of a new one, mine will be far more capable and much more reliable...and I can work on it too! Not so much computer controlled crap!
Glad to hear it, I completely agree + the older body style with the steel fenders are cooler anyway. Too much plastic on a JK
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #24348
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

You know someone that would buy them? 3.73 gears with less than 25k miles!
I want the front for the axles and carrier. I need spare axles if i snap one and when i regear to 4:88 i need the carrier.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #24349
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Whelp make an offer on it! I'd prefer to be able to get rid of them both pretty quickly, but whatever.

The plan is to do a currie 4" with flat belly.

I won't be ready for 33" tires until at least mid summer(after lift is complete)

Figure it would be bet to start with the foundation of great axles, then build up from there. That way, I won't have to regear twice, or upgrade axles after the lift is installed, etc.
Unread 04-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #24350
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

By the time I sourced and got factory D44s and built them, I would have been within a few hundred of the assemblies. But these came built, with a warranty!
Unread 04-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #24351
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
No, I was running a Warn gas tank skid and a RE trackbar. I had a couple of choices, I could have pulled the rear axle forward a little bit but it was centered at full bump. I could have reworked the axle side trackbar mount but then there was no guarantees that the trackbar would fit. In the end, I wound up cutting and welding the RE trackbar to get it to work.

I was working with what I had and there are better choices out there. Currie's trackbar is a good option. Savvy makes a gas tank skid that can be moved back a little for a little extra clearance. The combination of them both would have probably made my issue a non-issue. Even as it sat, the diff cover hit the gas tank skid during hard articulation. I just hit the gas tank skid with a grinder where it hit. I didn't take off much metal but enough that they didn't contact anymore.

Edit: Who is doing the Ox install?
I wanted to have Adams do it but they refused to install Ox lockers. I ended up going with 4WD. Not my first choice but they do have a 36,000 mile/ 3 year warranty which is a plus.

Thanks for the info on the clearance. I have a new savvy tank skid in the living room waiting to be installed so I should be safe. I didn't realize it also provided some clearance in the back for the diff.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #24352
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
By the time I sourced and got factory D44s and built them, I would have been within a few hundred of the assemblies. But these came built, with a warranty!

Yes but the warranty starts from the day that you buy them... not the day that you start using them. So I suggest that you get some Khris type motivation. You should already have that puppy up on jack stands!!!
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #24353
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
I wanted to have Adams do it but they refused to install Ox lockers. I ended up going with 4WD. Not my first choice but they do have a 36,000 mile/ 3 year warranty which is a plus.

Thanks for the info on the clearance. I have a new savvy tank skid in the living room waiting to be installed so I should be safe. I didn't realize it also provided some clearance in the back for the diff.
Why won't Adams install Ox lockers? Did they say?
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #24354
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
You should already have that puppy up on jack stands!!!
Passenger side engine cage, shock mount/hoop done tonight. Should pickup some misc intake stuff tomorrow that I hopefully can make work and have the whole engine cage buttoned up sat morning.

Power, what did you get done today?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #24355
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post
Why won't Adams install Ox lockers? Did they say?
Dave I thought that I heard somewhere that it had to do with the cable adjustment. They did not want to do something that the customer could screw up by adjusting the cable wrong then try to blame them for a bad install.
Unread 04-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #24356
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yes but the warranty starts from the day that you buy them... not the day that you start using them. So I suggest that you get some Khris type motivation. You should already have that puppy up on jack stands!!!
He doesn't have to worry about that...he knows somebody who knows somebody
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #24357
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Power, what did you get done today?
Got up, picked my axles, unloaded axles(by myself) held photo shoot with my axles, posted on the forums about my axles, installed wheels on my axles, caressed and drooled on my axles, went to work, did some more posting and fantasizing about my axles....etc. so yeah, I did a lot too! HA! Lol
Unread 04-12-2013, 12:01 AM   #24358
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Dave I thought that I heard somewhere that it had to do with the cable adjustment. They did not want to do something that the customer could screw up by adjusting the cable wrong then try to blame them for a bad install.
Hmm, interesting... It's really not that hard. I could see if they had issues routing the cable. That might be a reason not to do the install. But the adjustment is pretty straightforward. Routing... not so much.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2013, 01:16 AM   #24359
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Hey guys, I am looking at a 1998 awd, ZJ. I am not 100% sure but I believe that the vc maybe going bad. Does anyone know how to swap it out? I did a search, but i couldn't find anything on how to do that? I could be way off base, but when making tight turns, like a u-turn, I can hear something that sounds like the front differential is locked. Sounds kinda like a rear end with welded spider gears taking a turn. Tell me what you think. This won't scare me away as the purchase of a new vc is only $350 and hopefully problem solved.
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2013, 01:18 AM   #24360
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Got up, picked my axles, unloaded axles(by myself) held photo shoot with my axles, posted on the forums about my axles, installed wheels on my axles, caressed and drooled on my axles, went to work, did some more posting and fantasizing about my axles....etc. so yeah, I did a lot too! HA! Lol
Rofl! You sound like me the day i got my XJ! And i have an idea for you. WJ knuckles.... Bigger rotors and calipers. Just sayin'.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.