Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1620 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Reply
Unread 04-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #24286
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I need to see it once at least before you go darker then... I'm curious what the 35% looks like in real life from both inside and out cause it's hard to tell till it's actually done when looking at samples. I hate the tint on the expo! It might be 5% for all I know but it's WAY too dark.
The tint on Whitey is very dark. I would venture to guess that 5% is pretty close.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #24287
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Feel free to drive by my work anytime over the next week or so and look where I typically am parked right outside of my entry door... Cough cough, FJ...
We now demand pics of what you are driving this week.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #24288
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

We now demand pics of what you are driving this week.
Can't be any worse then my hoopty.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #24289
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
We now demand pics of what you are driving this week.
its a blue FJ, the one he made sliders for, go back and look at the pics posted on here (if you can find them) haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #24290
PhotoJared
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Out of money for a while. Roflmao! This way, I can get the axles in, do the TC stuff, driveshafts, and roll on it on trails until the money builds enough to do the lift. I'm hoping to be there by mid July. By then, it will be miserable outside, and won't min keeping it parked. I'm stoked to start on it. Gonna take my time though. I'll bring it into the garage and work on it as time and energy allow.
Should be pretty easy, no? Aren't they pre-fabbed?

Posted from outer space.
__________________
'99 XJ Sport
RE 3.5"
31s
other stuff
PhotoJared is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #24291
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
This way, I can get the axles in, do the TC stuff, driveshafts, and roll on it on trails until the money builds enough to do the lift.
Aren't you on like 31's right now? Just checking but I was running around on 35's with 4.56 and the 6 speed and I still would've been cool with about 200 less rpm on the highway at 65mph. I couldn't imagine stockish sized tires and 4.56s!!! When I bought mine it was on 33's. I intentionally stepped up to 35's in hopes of reducing the highway RPM's and when that wasn't enough, rather then regearing I went from the 3 speed auto to the 6 speed manual and it was better but still was too high for my liking...

I'm guessing you've already thought about that issue but just in case... Just saying...
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #24292
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,449
Andy, like merrick said, just a blue FJ. Already over DD'ing my toyota! LOL Not the most street friendly ride out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Should be pretty easy, no? Aren't they pre-fabbed?

Posted from outer space.
Hence my comment the other day on here about wishing my projects were just bolt on! LOL
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #24293
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Should be pretty easy, no? Aren't they pre-fabbed?

Posted from outer space.
Yeah, they should bolt right in. I'll need to swap over the front brake stuff and spindles, but thats not that big of a deal. I'm going tomorrow to check with adams on my SYE and driveshafts cost. If I can swing it, I should have everything i need to get it on the road again, after LOTS of labor! lol
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #24294
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
after LOTS of labor! lol

Pffft, whatever...

Merricks lift,
random stuff here and there for Andrew,
quicky tube work for Adam and still have another lined up for him,
random stuff here and there for others on this forum I believe and some on wm702 also
motor swap in a toyota
trans swap in a jeep
linked suspension on a toyota
small little race truck build
goofy expo hack and fab job
etc...


Bring me a bolt on axle swap and bolt in SYE kit and leave me alone for a weekend... Pfft, whatever... LOL


(just giving you crap!!! Can't wait to see it done!)
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #24295
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Aren't you on like 31's right now? Just checking but I was running around on 35's with 4.56 and the 6 speed and I still would've been cool with about 200 less rpm on the highway at 65mph. I couldn't imagine stockish sized tires and 4.56s!!! When I bought mine it was on 33's. I intentionally stepped up to 35's in hopes of reducing the highway RPM's and when that wasn't enough, rather then regearing I went from the 3 speed auto to the 6 speed manual and it was better but still was too high for my liking...

I'm guessing you've already thought about that issue but just in case... Just saying...
Yeah, I was thinking it would be a little high, but I really wanted the slow speed crawling of the higher gears. If we take it on exceptionally long trips, I'll tow it with the Rango. For trips to places like Logandale and the such, I will go from being in the front, to being in the back on the way out there. It's running just under 2500rpm at 65mph now. I'm just totally guessing, but I am thinking that these gears will add about another 1000rpm to that?:have no clue:
my eventual plan is to run 33" tires, but wanted the ability to go up to 35" if I feel the need in the future. I think 33's will be just about perfect for my combo.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #24296
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Yeah, they should bolt right in. I'll need to swap over the front brake stuff and spindles, but thats not that big of a deal. I'm going tomorrow to check with adams on my SYE and driveshafts cost. If I can swing it, I should have everything i need to get it on the road again, after LOTS of labor! lol
1 weekend is not "lots" of labor. Just ask Khris!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #24297
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,525
Here's a blurry ashed pic I took the other morning....


image-1559824381.jpg

I won't mind having it a little higher once completely done with lift and mods. It's gonna be heavy too, so the extra hearing will help.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #24298
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Yeah, I was thinking it would be a little high, but I really wanted the slow speed crawling of the higher gears. If we take it on exceptionally long trips, I'll tow it with the Rango. For trips to places like Logandale and the such, I will go from being in the front, to being in the back on the way out there. It's running just under 2500rpm at 65mph now. I'm just totally guessing, but I am thinking that these gears will add about another 1000rpm to that?:have no clue:
my eventual plan is to run 33" tires, but wanted the ability to go up to 35" if I feel the need in the future. I think 33's will be just about perfect for my combo.
You? Slow down? Not likely...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #24299
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,449
This is off memory so don't hold me to it...

35's, 6 speed, 4.56 at like 65-70 was running around 2800ish. 33's was 2950-3000ish. Not horrible but still for long trips to like SoCal deserts and stuff I wished it was closer to stock. It was great on the trails though for sure. The 3 speed auto with 33's I was running like 3300 rpm and like 3200rpm on the 35's, it was way too much.


Just saying though, with your current tires, you're going to be high on the roads!!!! Go cruise around at like 3200 RPM for 20 minutes and let me know how it is. That's my bet on like a 31 with 4.56 and a 6 speed. It's gonna CREEP in low though for sure with that 4lo conversion!
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #24300
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
1 weekend is not "lots" of labor. Just ask Khris!
Unfortunately, I'm expecting this stage of the build to take me quite a bit longer than just one weekend. I'll tinker a little before work on days that I start at my regular time, and then work off and on for a few weekends. I need to try to keep the wiffle and children happy through all of this, or she'll make the fun stop. I need to make sure she gets her quality time as well. She's been super awesome about it so far, but she has been annoyed slightly at the cost to progress ratio thus far. Like most women, she only sees what is, and not what will be. They have difficulty imagining what a difference these things will make. Just as they see an old junk car, and guys see that shiny 10 second hotrod 70 Superbee with stinger stripes with a cross ram HEMI and a built Dana 60 4.10 gears with a pistol grip four speed!
can you tell what my dream car would be? rofl(good luck finding one under 40k)
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.