Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 162 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 12-08-2011, 07:57 PM   #2416
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Yeah, I tried all of those sources. Finding a vest or MOLLE small enough for a tiny woman is difficult. The sizes seem to go; one size fits all, M/L, XL/XXL. Even with the medium vests adjusted all the way in, they're still too large and move around. I can't even find any small vests with the exception of paintball vests, but I want better quality.

I think if I can find a quality small vest, I would still have to get it altered, but the end result would be better than if I were to alter a M/L.

YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #2417
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

She is a woman, tell her to fire up the sewing machine and get to work. Heck while she's at it she should make you a pie and do the dishes.

jk.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #2418
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
Bahahaha!! Racism is so funny!
Sooo funny. My wife is Asian i am white I love going into the backcountry around Colorado City in Az just to watch the expressions on all the old school mormons. Great times. Lol
Unread 12-08-2011, 09:25 PM   #2419
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I'm Asian. Parents are from the Philippines. I was born here in the US and raised anywhere with a Navy base. I've posted pictures of my wife. She's a hot white chick. She was raised Mormon in a small Florida town.

The first time I went to visit her in her town, there was a parade for the new Walmart. Not joking at all there. They actually had a parade for Walmart. That should give you an idea how small a town this was. It gets worse. They stopped traffic for this parade and I was the first car stopped in line.

Passing by on a float were at least a dozen staring rednecks on a float sponsored by the KBS which is a militia faction of the KKK. KBS is Klan Brothers of the South. I learned later her parents were associates of that militia. Not members, but associates. Remember the Oklahoma City bombing? Her parents were actually questioned in relation to that attack.

So, as you can imagine, I wasn't very popular with her family. Actually, they pretended to love me when I was doing much better financially. It was only after I stopped giving them money that their hatred of me surfaced. I don't have an issue with people hating me. I'll admit, I wasn't always a good person, so there are probably a few people out there that would want to do me harm. My point is, if you're going to hate me, there is probably a good reason. Don't hate me because I'm not as white as you. Get to know me and you'll realize I'm probably whiter than you.

Sadly, my wife hasn't talked to her parents in many years. Odd, but I've continued to encourage her to maintain contact with them. I'm the source of their tension. I don't have to be there. As dysfunctional as they are, they are her family.

My parents filled that gap in her life. They absolutely love her. My wife has taken to them just as well and especially loves the food which is saying a lot. Seriously, Filipino's eat some crazy shyt.
Unread 12-08-2011, 09:26 PM   #2420
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
Sooo funny. My wife is Asian
From where?
Unread 12-08-2011, 09:41 PM   #2421
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So the dog and cat rejoining by the pound WASN'T a joke? How much you pay? Got many cat! J/k
Unread 12-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #2422
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Also, I know not all Mormon's are against interacial marriage. I know some old-schoolers that take the literal scripture and are, but I also know more than have no issues with any good marriage.

I'm not at all a religious person. I often wish I was. I don't have any issues with any religion as long as it makes someone a better person and they don't blow shyt up.
Unread 12-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #2423
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Rehoming-stupid spell check/correct
Unread 12-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #2424
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
So the dog and cat rejoining by the pound WASN'T a joke? How much you pay? Got many cat! J/k
I still crack up when I see that. I got so much hate mail from that.
Unread 12-08-2011, 10:09 PM   #2425
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I thought it was pretty funny-even sent it to my friends and they thought it was funny too. People really do have no sense of humor.
Unread 12-08-2011, 10:20 PM   #2426
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
From where?
She was born and raised in Hawaii but she is filipino. Her mom is from the Philippines and yes eat crazy ****. Lol. My family never even thought about her race neither did hers. It's was a culture shock for the both of us when we met each others family. But we've been married for almost ten years now and it's been great.
Unread 12-08-2011, 11:31 PM   #2427
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Then you know my problem. I think what is happening here is restaurants in Vegas spend too much time with presentation. BBQ isn't supposed to be pretty. It's supposed to be messy, taste good and have huge portions.
That like finding good pizza out here....Remember I'm from chicago
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 11:35 PM   #2428
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
She was raised Mormon in a small Florida town. ...

... KBS is Klan Brothers of the South. I learned later her parents were associates of that militia. Not members, but associates. ...

... Seriously, Filipino's eat some crazy shyt.
Speaking as a Mormon, I can categorically say that being LDS or Mormon is entirely inconsistent with being associated with the KBS. That's not to say there aren't people who try to have it both ways, but you gotta either be bad at being a Mormon or bad at being a militant klansman.

As it turns out, I went on a two year mission when I was 19 to the Philippines. I really loved my time there. I ate some awesome stuff while I was there too. Dog is quite good when prepared properly. Balut was one of my favorites, and there were these great big lizards that were tasty as well.
Unread 12-09-2011, 07:16 AM   #2429
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSW214 View Post
That like finding good pizza out here....Remember I'm from chicago
You won't find authentic Chicago pizza outside of Chicago because they have no local competition for comparison. The closest I was able to find was:

Amore Pizza & Pasta
3945 S Durango Dr Ste A8
Las Vegas, NV 89147

When they are on their game, the food is awesome. When they're head isn't in it, the food is slightly better than CiCi's. My biggest issues with them is their consistancy. They really need to choose. Do they really want to be consistantly good or consistantly bad. You can't have both. Since no restauranteur in their right mind would want to be intentionally bad, it just shows they don't care anymore.
Unread 12-09-2011, 07:24 AM   #2430
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Speaking as a Mormon, I can categorically say that being LDS or Mormon is entirely inconsistent with being associated with the KBS.
I know they are completely different, but in this small town case, a large number of the congregation have millitant ties. Most militia and hate groups base their views on something obscure in scripture which I find offensive. Not offensive to me, but to religion. In this instance, they latched onto Mormonism. Again, if religion makes someone a better person, wonderful for them.

I knew a few people in Mississippi that got caught up with Skinheads. The guys I knew had no education, no motivation and no work ethic. Understandably, their lives were day to day with no optimism in sight. Enter the Skinheads who told them nothing they did made their lives suck. It was some other group of people that came here and conspired to keep them down. In their feeble minds, they wanted to be excused for their shortcomings, so it all made sense.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.