Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 161 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 12-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #2401
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Not racist if it's facts. Besides pick your racial slur, and realize there is a difference between said racial slur and whites, Mexicans, blacks, Asians. I never find racial jokes offensive, because they are just that, jokes. I do however find it offensive if someone uses said slurs to generalize a group of people only on color or nationality, and they aren't joking. I'm from Kentucky, so when I hear redneck jokes, white trash jokes, I laugh, but when people say everyone from KY iS inbred or whatever, that gets me. Theres a difference.

Unread 12-08-2011, 11:57 AM   #2402
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
...when people say everyone from KY iS inbred or whatever, that gets me.
It's funny because it's true! Hey, Uncle Dad!
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #2403
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

You've all seen my heap....

But flexing? What's this "flexing" you all speak of? You mean suspension is supposed to move?

Nellis dunes

Potato Ridge

Cranes Nest Road

Spanish Trail

Mormon Well:

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #2404
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, just cause my dad is my brother....
Unread 12-08-2011, 12:52 PM   #2405
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #2406
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I need a couple things. Point me in the right direction:

I'm looking for a small MOLLE or tactical vest for my wife. She doesn't like wearing a backpack when we're climbing, so she wants a vest to hold all the essentials. The local military surplus stores have a terrible selection and their prices are insane. She did try on a few tactical vests locally and all were too big. She's strong, but thin. I tried Google, but most of the sites, even law enforcement sites, catered mostly to mens sizes. Anyone have any good websites for stuff like that?

Second thing I'm wanting. Good barbecue. I'm from the deep south, so don't suggest Famous Daves, Memphis Best or Lucille's. I'm looking for something authentic. Dickey's in front of the Outlet Mall is ok, but the seasoning is bland.
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #2407
sirhk100

I'm not a BBQ connoisseur so laugh at me all you want but I like the BBQ at Ellis Island. The fact there's actually a dude outside working the grill when you walk in and the prices can't be beat. Granted the menu choice is limited... You want ribs or you want chicken? LOL

I'm curious to see what you get for answers on the BBQ. No clue on the vest though! Maybe weird but what are you looking to carry? Would like a fishing vest that you can attach stuff too possibly work for a cheaper price?
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #2408
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I've heard the food at Ellis Island isn't too bad, but I try to avoid the Strip and anything close to it if I can. Not really a convenient place for dinner. One of the best BBQ places I've visited was in Georgia and all they served was pork, so by comparison, ribs and chicken is a huge menu.

My wife and I are always climbing or underground in mines. Here's what she typically carries in her pack:
Two bottles of water
6 caribiners
6 quickdraws (also for climbing)
Runner anchors (also for climbing)
150 feet of rope
Sig Sauer
Phone
Primary flashlight
2 backup flashlights

I know there's more she carries, but that's all that comes to mind. What she wants is something she can just stuff all of that into, but it has to fit snug. Something moving around that can get caught in climbing ropes can kill you. The rope can be wound and strapped to the lower back of the vest when not in use. I even thought of buying her a tactical vest and just having it altered professionally, but the alteration quotes I got were higher than the cost of the vest.
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #2409
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Something like this, but in little woman, Oompa Loompa sizes.
cv_003.jpg  
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #2410
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

It's closed now but big mammas kitchen in bonanza was amazing.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #2411
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ysb, theres a gun show this weekend. Going on Saturday. I would suggest checking it out!
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #2412
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post

Second thing I'm wanting. Good barbecue. I'm from the deep south, so don't suggest Famous Daves, Memphis Best or Lucille's. I'm looking for something authentic. Dickey's in front of the Outlet Mall is ok, but the seasoning is bland.
Good luck on finding the BBQ, I came from NC and there ain't nothing in this town I've seen that compares to there. Let me know if you find something that compares to that Georgia place.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #2413
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
I came from NC...
Then you know my problem. I think what is happening here is restaurants in Vegas spend too much time with presentation. BBQ isn't supposed to be pretty. It's supposed to be messy, taste good and have huge portions.
Unread 12-08-2011, 02:50 PM   #2414
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Ysb, theres a gun show this weekend. Going on Saturday. I would suggest checking it out!
I went to that last one. Didn't see anything there that would fit her. Looks like I might have to buy the smallest one I can find and just have it altered.
Unread 12-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #2415
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Did you try calvada on rainbow and 95. I haven't been there in a while but that's where all my cop friends go. Or try cheaperthandirt.com
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.