Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1609 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #24121
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

fine, for you, $1900
What is the price for me? I'll give you a dirty tube sock, a random lock of hair from a barber shop, an empty soda can, and an expired container of yogurt.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #24122
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
what is the price for me? I'll give you a dirty tube sock, a random lock of hair from a barber shop, an empty soda can, and an expired container of yogurt.
$1899

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #24123
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

was unaware there was a special D44 adapter kit needed, used the wrong ring to press it in, jacked it up a bit, and now it's quite a bit more stiff then when it came out of the bock, and I cant barely "spin" the ball in the socket if that makes sense?
I did that too when I did the ball joints on my TJ. It may not be bad. I did two that way one is still on the Jeep. The other was bad. I have the adapter although it may be bad. I bent one of the pieces but don't remember if it was the install or removal adaptor.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #24124
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
I did that too when I did the ball joints on my TJ. It may not be bad. I did two that way one is still on the Jeep. The other was bad. I have the adapter although it may be bad. I bent one of the pieces but don't remember if it was the install or removal adaptor.
i already ordered a new set, this set will go in the spare parts box, the lower is fine i think.

I'll jsut rent the adapters from vatozone when i get the press again.

One more lesson learned, right? i'm just ripped about trashing it. I know $25 aint a whole lot in the end but hey, i'm trying to be good with money and stick to my monthly budgets and that means that $25 and $65 has to come from somewhere other than "jeep repairs" this month, or i get $90 (which is like, the entirety of the budget) less of other parts i need to finish this.

And the woman is always harpin' on me to get the 'crap' off of the patio and telling me how this was the worst timing to make the jeep 2wd only for a few months....sigh.

Guess I'll be using some visa gift cards for my brakes seals and wheel studs, and a returned gift credit on amazon for the 75% of the warn hubs.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 04-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #24125
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

i already ordered a new set, this set will go in the spare parts box, the lower is fine i think.

I'll jsut rent the adapters from vatozone when i get the press again.

One more lesson learned, right? i'm just ripped about trashing it. I know $25 aint a whole lot in the end but hey, i'm trying to be good with money and stick to my monthly budgets and that means that $25 and $65 has to come from somewhere other than "jeep repairs" this month, or i get $90 (which is like, the entirety of the budget) less of other parts i need to finish this.

And the woman is always harpin' on me to get the 'crap' off of the patio and telling me how this was the worst timing to make the jeep 2wd only for a few months....sigh.

Guess I'll be using some visa gift cards for my brakes seals and wheel studs, and a returned gift credit on amazon for the 75% of the warn hubs.
What kind of ball joints are you running? When I did the TJ, nobody had the adaptor. I just pulled out my set and the removal cup is the one that I bent.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #24126
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Spicer, non greasable. Nothing crazy but good quality.

Unread 04-09-2013, 12:01 AM   #24127
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Mother ****er. I just trashed a brand new $25 u joint because a needle bearing slipped under the cap and got all jacked up when I was pressing it in
I remember doing that once back in my teens! Only takes once to remember that screw up and take extra care to try not to do it again! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
HAHAHAHA so true!! I think my frustration with anything shocks is that 99% of regular Jeepers/off-road types will buy tunable shocks or coilovers, AND NEVER TUNE THEM!! Joe Bob runs XX over XX rates on his rig so they should work for me right. I have conversations all the time with people wanting coilovers and when I ask them when and where they intend to go out to tune, they look at me funny and say well I read on Pirate........and then I'm done lol.
My shocks are insanely off but until I feel the truck is built enough to run the speeds it'll most likely be capable of once valved I'm not going to touch them. I'm actually a bit scared of what it might be able to do honestly! It does good right now only because it's got so much damn travel in general, that hides the crappy valving! 17" up front and 24" in the rear is decent no matter how your shocks are. Jason's truck currently is faster though... It won't be forever though even if I don't make the move to bypasses I bet.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2013, 12:29 AM   #24128
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I remember doing that once back in my teens! Only takes once to remember that screw up and take extra care to try not to do it again! LOL

A few people have told me the same thing haha. I guess I'm not alone.

Unread 04-09-2013, 12:37 AM   #24129
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:

Do they come with a mini stick in the sidewall?
I think it's the valve stem to be honest.. Alot easyer to deflate then inflate lol
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2013, 12:39 AM   #24130
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
Does anyone frequent the junkyards around town? I need a leather ZJ or WJ driver's seat for my TJ but I've had no luck so far. I can only go on the weekend and by then all the good ones are gone. If you go regularly I can give you my contact info.

I've got to find one, the cloth seats are not working for me as a daily driver. The cloth seats are getting a funky smell that comes off on my cloths. Not working real well at the office.....
Of you really want some you can call rockey hill in coffeyville ks they have thousands of cars. They mail parts to. That's of you can't find any though
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #24131
sirhk100

Not done but got a start on it last night. Need to at the very least add a 3rd kicker tube and some gussets to tie it into the frame better still and give it a bit more support.

Unread 04-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #24132
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looking good Khris.
Unread 04-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #24133
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sometimes I hate working around certain stuff. Yesterday for instance, I was going into an office where Classified information is processed. To go into there, I have to turn off my phone and leave it outside the door. As I was leaving that office, I forgot to grab my phone and I didn't realize it until I got home last night. So, I return to the office this morning and no phone. I ask the guys in the office and am told that it was "secured" by someone else that works in the office but nobody knows where it was secured at. Now waiting for that guy to get in contact with the other people in the office so maybe I can get my phone back. Then again, if it turned itself on for the alarm or something like that, it could be considered a security violation and would have been turned into the security manager and subsequently destroyed.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #24134
sirhk100

That's what you get for working at Taco Bell Andy!!!

Unread 04-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #24135
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
Of you really want some you can call rockey hill in coffeyville ks they have thousands of cars. They mail parts to. That's of you can't find any though
Thanks for the info. I'm trying to avoid spending a fortune. I was wondering if I could just buy a torn up pair and replace the leather? I know that on my F350 you could take the leather off the seats and replace it, is that possible with the WJ or ZJ seats?
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.