Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1607 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #24091
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Which general tires are those??? I might go pick up a set.

Unread 04-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #24092
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Grabbers

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #24093
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
Which general tires are those??? I might go pick up a set.
LOL, they're mini versions of these...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #24094
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

if somebody goes and gets some let me know, I'll have you pick me up a 33x10.50 and I'll give you cash.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #24095
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
LOL, they're mini versions of these...

Do they come with a mini stick in the sidewall?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #24096
sirhk100

I believe the stick is similar to the golden ticket from willy wonka to be honest...

Unread 04-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #24097
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I thought the stick was used to slice zombies while driving up the trail.
Unread 04-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #24098
sirhk100

No, that's what the machete mounted in the cab with small access port holes is for.

Unread 04-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #24099
sirhk100

Andy, mental note for your future build... If you can, run Sway-a-way 12" shocks or maybe 14" shocks if you wanna get really crazy up front! Stay away from Kings and probably Fox's too. Sway-a-way shocks will fit much easier! Performance wise, they all work the same...

Unread 04-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #24100
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Andy, mental note for your future build... If you can, run Sway-a-way 12" shocks or maybe 14" shocks if you wanna get really crazy up front! Stay away from Kings and probably Fox's too. Sway-a-way shocks will fit much easier! Performance wise, they all work the same...
Why avoid the Kings and Fox? Kings were my first choice but realistically I was going to run FOA or Race Runner.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #24101
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Performance wise, they all work the same...
Not true...but another story for another day lol
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #24102
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Does anyone frequent the junkyards around town? I need a leather ZJ or WJ driver's seat for my TJ but I've had no luck so far. I can only go on the weekend and by then all the good ones are gone. If you go regularly I can give you my contact info.

I've got to find one, the cloth seats are not working for me as a daily driver. The cloth seats are getting a funky smell that comes off on my cloths. Not working real well at the office.....
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #24103
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Why avoid the Kings and Fox? Kings were my first choice but realistically I was going to run FOA or Race Runner.
Length reasons, the way the top caps are designed, the SAW are shorter and space issues I'm running into, the difference would be night and day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Not true...but another story for another day lol
Curious, what brands have you had first hand experience with and how many have you had apart to see the insides of? Not questioning you but curious cause I personally have owned, rebuilt, revalved, and used Bilstein 9100 and 7100, SAW 2.5 racerunners, King 2.5 Race series and prerunner series, King 3.0 prerunners series and radflo 2.5's. Along with those I've owned Radflo, Bilstein, FOA, and King bumpstops. Out of ALL of those, I've NEVER had any leak EVER with only exception being one bilstein bump. I do have FOA bumps right now though and will never own another pair of those at least.

BTW, when I say "owned" I'm tossing Jason's truck into the mix since I think at this point it's been in my possession about as long as it's been in his physically and by the time he gets home it will have been in my possession longer then his for sure! LOL

I don't have any experience with Fox though.

Internal wise, they all are a bit different but honestly, I could put any brand on anything in my driveway and make them all work equally as good without much effort. Assuming they all bolted into place... The length differences would make that real world statement the hardest part to prove.

My toyota, I've had SAW shocks on it for 7+ years, no leaks, no issues. My old exploder, bilstein all around, never a leak, never an issue, including the time I drug the rear shocks for a bit when the top mounts ripped out of the truck on the rear. Kings, well, honestly, I'm relatively new to them but so far, they seem the same as everything else and they obviously have the reputation they do.

I know fox has a VERY VERY VERY good reputation but I can't speak 1st hand on them. I do know their valving lingo is different then all the rest though. When people talk about what shim stacks they're running, I don't really know what they're referring to.

On top of that, IMO unless you're really running at a competitive level, you can take ANY brand of shock and make it work more then good enough for what 99.9% of the people out there think they want. Are there differences? Technically, sure... In the real world building a truck to go out on the weekends and have fun, do they matter? IMO, nope, not one bit...

Unread 04-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #24104
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Length reasons, the way the top caps are designed, the SAW are shorter and space issues I'm running into, the difference would be night and day.
Guess I'll be taking a look at the SAW or Sway-A-Way then. I have to admit that I am leary of Sway-A-Way. I know some swear by them but every set I have ever seen have been leaking.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #24105
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
every set I have ever seen have been leaking.
Guess you've never seen mine then?

The smoothies on the rear of my truck have been there for 7+ years and the coilovers for 2+ years now and those were on the rear of jason's truck previously for 4 years as well. One of the resi lines seeps a tiny bit but nothing other then that and I've never even messed with it. Only issue I've heard of SAW is the bodies rusting but here in Nevada... What's rust?

BTW, when I say seeps, the king resi's on the front of the expo seep WAY worse then my SAW's do.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.