Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1596 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #23926
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex

Huh me? I'm 20 and have a zj and am from Kansas lol.
Reading comprehension, yet something else you can't do for ****.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #23927
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Top gear is over, time for some archer
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #23928
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

My favorite archer quote ever "it should take about half an hour or a twelve pack to get there"
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #23929
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Sounds good. I guess they can't be filled without hydro test, and these are too old?
I bet they'll just exchange them without even looking at them honestly...

Andy...
I got the driver side beam to cycle 16.5 though bumped at metal and drooped at axle bind. Passenger side will go almost 18". 12" stroke shocks are going to limit it to 15" though. Driver side bumpstop is tacked in place and the limit strap is fully welded and in place. Will do passenger side bumps and straps tomorrow night. Then engine cage sat hopefully. I also finally measured some stuff I needed for the steering. Should be able to order those parts up tomorrow.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #23930
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

My tank has a good fifteen test dates on it. It is old as balls
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:13 PM   #23931
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hey all, thought I would pop on and say hello. Pics posted this morning were a bit fuzzy.. Took 'em with my iPad while standing on our hotel balcony in Crescent City CA, now we're in Walnut Creek and I am stuffed full of something I couldn't pronounce from some Italian food restaurant I couldn't pronounce.

Today is our 5 yr wedding anniversary & I gotta be honest, I am not brave enough to test the theories discussed about weighing her in today, but I can say I am almost 20lbs heavier.

Anyway, for those looking to wheel, WM702 is doing Potato Ridge Saturday morning. If I make it in town in time and aren't too tired from driving for the past 4 days I might hit it up before hitting the road for SLC on Sunday.

Speaking of driving... Adam, I am getting 30-34 highway mpg on my 04 Accord 6cyl 6speed coup. It's nice having the 6cyl for the extra power and it gets great mileage.

Okay, she is back out of the bathroom, I am off to get a back rub. 'Night all!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #23932
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

I bet they'll just exchange them without even looking at them honestly...

Andy...
I got the driver side beam to cycle 16.5 though bumped at metal and drooped at axle bind. Passenger side will go almost 18". 12" stroke shocks are going to limit it to 15" though. Driver side bumpstop is tacked in place and the limit strap is fully welded and in place. Will do passenger side bumps and straps tomorrow night. Then engine cage sat hopefully. I also finally measured some stuff I needed for the steering. Should be able to order those parts up tomorrow.
That is not bad at all. Pretty impressive numbers for the packaging issues you are dealing with. Being able to cycle those numbers and still keep things like A/C impresses the hell out of me.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #23933
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
Hey all, thought I would pop on and say hello. Pics posted this morning were a bit fuzzy.. Took 'em with my iPad while standing on our hotel balcony in Crescent City CA, now we're in Walnut Creek and I am stuffed full of something I couldn't pronounce from some Italian food restaurant I couldn't pronounce.

Today is our 5 yr wedding anniversary & I gotta be honest, I am not brave enough to test the theories discussed about weighing her in today, but I can say I am almost 20lbs heavier.

Anyway, for those looking to wheel, WM702 is doing Potato Ridge Saturday morning. If I make it in town in time and aren't too tired from driving for the past 4 days I might hit it up before hitting the road for SLC on Sunday.

Speaking of driving... Adam, I am getting 30-34 highway mpg on my 04 Accord 6cyl 6speed coup. It's nice having the 6cyl for the extra power and it gets great mileage.

Happy anniversary!

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #23934
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That was a pretty short "hostage release!" Or a very long "flooding the Oval Office!"
Unread 04-05-2013, 12:22 AM   #23935
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

Today is our 5 yr wedding anniversary.

Mmmhmm....a "back rub"

Happy Anniversary

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 01:05 AM   #23936
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared

Mmmhmm....a "back rub"

Happy Anniversary

Posted from outer space.
Aka-nevermind! Lol happy anniversary!
Unread 04-05-2013, 01:12 AM   #23937
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

http://kvvu.m0bl.net/r/1grbo9

That just plain sucks for everyone involved!
Unread 04-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #23938
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Good morning guys.
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #23939
sirhk100

Drooped and hanging on the limit strap hidden behind the brake line.

and 15" of up travel later, it's smacking directly into the bumpstop just a hair before the radius arm would smack the frame rail just to the right of where the picture is cut off. (not normally an issue but cause of my mixing and matching parts it is what it is... Next time I know what I'd do different to gain probably 2"-4" of up travel still)

And NOTHING is fitted or proper in these next pictures but it gives you a fairly rough idea of what I gots goin on...

Front end is still sticking out a bit but close enough for me...

And for you Andy since you'll probably understand this... The biggest bind issue I ran into is shown a little bit in this picture. I'll take a picture tonight to really show the situation but Driver side at full droop, Pass at full bump. Hard articulation... The axle physically drops in relation to the beam. So I started cutting. What you see in this picture wasn't enough. I actually cut kinda sorta along what I've drawn in the yellow line and the axle shaft physically drops right thru the bottom of the beam just a bit now. I had to spend some time with the dremel clearancing the internal threaded bung for the lower radius arm bolt too. Good times!!!

Tonight I'll get the passenger side bump and limit strap installed. Tomorrow morning I'll pull the passenger side beam off and get going on building strength back into it to hopefully make up for my hack job... Then I'll do a full actual legit tighten all bolts, replace all seals, lube all pivots, etc type install of the front end. After that I'll cycle for shocks and hopefully get going on the engine cage. Goal for the weekend is to finish the engine cage. Not gonna hold the breath on that though with the family around. Although I'm gonna try to cut my Dad loose on stripping more off whitey! I sold the front skidplates off him and his fuel injectors last night. They're gone and he officially will never run again! His time is done, fork is in, flatlined and dead...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #23940
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looking good Khris.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.