Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1591 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 04-04-2013, 01:14 AM   #23851
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
What kind of numbers are you pulling?
Not sure yet honestly. Should be able to tell you more tomorrow night and real legit numbers by end of the weekend or maybe even friday night. Still working on getting the most out of it which I won't have till tomorrow night probably. Then Friday night I'm gonna work on bumpstops and limit straps, then I'll have the weekend for the engine cage and shock mounts.

I saw 17" on the pass side at one point but doubt the shock is going to let it travel that much. The pass side swings a ton. Driver side is a bit more limited but I'm working on freeing it up more too. I did learn some things though we can carry on to your build that will yield more travel. I'm not willing to modify mine as I'm already too far past the point of return really to go backwards now though. I could easily get a few more inches of bump travel out of it though if the shocks will allow.

I'm gonna use the weekend to hang out with my parents though. Will make some progress for sure but kinda want to just have my Dad around in the garage. It'll still be apart though and able to cycle for a bit. I'll show you what I've got going on for sure and show you how I'd do my next one differently... Basically I can set it up now I think to physically travel more and if you could squeeze a 14" shock in there which I've seen done I bet you could be in the 18" range with working 4wd...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:31 AM   #23852
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post

Both of my in-laws have it: it's a condition that affects the large intestine. Basically, it's areas of weak tissue that can become inflamed (then it becomes diverticulitis). Stay away from seeds and nuts.
Yeah it sucks!! I was in the hospital last night with it. My god it hurts/uncomfortable to sit, stand, walk. Only thing that helps is to lay down on a bed.

And my god they gave me morphine and how the **** do people get addicted to the stuff!!?? That feeling was worse than being drunk.
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:48 AM   #23853
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

That is actually awesome to hear. I do wonder if your difficulties are from the diff on the drivers side? Part of me is all about Copykats brackets but then another part of me worries about the bump side of things being that the diff is directly under the frame. Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme.

Side note: Greg, if I haven't said it before, thanks for the VW. I made it from Twin Falls to my house and then to work and back on one tank of gas. I could have done another round of work and back and probably made it being that on the "miles until empty" showed 80 the entire 30 mile trip home. My best tank yet at an honest 46 MPG.

Side note 2: If I were to stop drinking so much beer, I would probably have six pack abs but I do love a good beer. New Belgium Ranger IPA is a good beer. Stones 4/20 IPA is a good beer. The price of the latter is a bit much though.

Side note 3: After a conversation with a female co-worker this evening. I have decided that understanding the female psyche is ****ing impossible. *****es be crazy.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:58 AM   #23854
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ

Yeah it sucks!! I was in the hospital last night with it. My god it hurts/uncomfortable to sit, stand, walk. Only thing that helps is to lay down on a bed.

And my god they gave me morphine and how the **** do people get addicted to the stuff!!?? That feeling was worse than being drunk.
Morphine effects people differently. For me, I still feel the pain, I just don't care. I am willing to bet that you and I feel it in about the same way. My little brother on the other hand doesn't feel a damn thing. You could hit him in the head with a hammer and he wouldn't know. My Dad says that the only way he can describe it is "white." I don't know what that means but he kinda likes it. I would assume that both he and my little brother would be at risk for addiction. Me on the other hand, **** that!

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-04-2013, 02:36 AM   #23855
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah I could still feel the pain but it wasnt pain per say it was just "there".

I personally never take medications even if I have a headache as I hate taking pills just to take care of a problem. So if I ever ask anyone for meds then they know im not doing well and I really really hurt.
Unread 04-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #23856
sirhk100

Quote:
That is actually awesome to hear. I do wonder if your difficulties are from the diff on the drivers side? Part of me is all about Copykats brackets but then another part of me worries about the bump side of things being that the diff is directly under the frame. Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme.
Actually it's a couple things none of which actually involve the drivers side beam. My issues are a combo of the center u-joint and the passenger side beam having enough clearance for the axle to travel inside of it without having any clearance issues.

The things I'm too far to bother going back to redo involve the radius arm mounts and the radius arms themselves in relation to the frame rails. If I really really wanted to I could probably cut and shave my frame rails 1/2" or so in a small area and gain a few inches up up travel out of the front end. But honestly, with the shocks, I'm not sure how much more uptravel I could get out them without some serious rework in the engine compartment.

Unread 04-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #23857
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Good morning everyone. Looks like rain and overcast for my morning;

Another rough day
image-1212597408.jpg   image-1653099271.jpg  
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #23858
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ

Sorry to hear it man, hope you are able to get things under control so you aren't in too much pain. I've never been drunk so I can't really say much for comparison, but in all honesty, Morphine doesn't really do anything for me.. No real effect one way or the other at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
Side note 3: After a conversation with a female co-worker this evening. I have decided that understanding the female psyche is ****ing impossible. *****es be crazy.
You are JUST NOW learning this? Dang.. and I thought you were pretty smart.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #23859
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Side note: Greg, if I haven't said it before, thanks for the VW. I made it from Twin Falls to my house and then to work and back on one tank of gas. I could have done another round of work and back and probably made it being that on the "miles until empty" showed 80 the entire 30 mile trip home. My best tank yet at an honest 46 MPG.

Side note 2: If I were to stop drinking so much beer, I would probably have six pack abs but I do love a good beer. New Belgium Ranger IPA is a good beer. Stones 4/20 IPA is a good beer. The price of the latter is a bit much though.

Yep I really miss the mileage of the tdi that is for sure.

haha, I saw this one on the way home today http://www.findlaynorthvw.com/Vehicl...-NV/1966423183 They had $23,999 on the windshield on the lot though. Not too crazy about the interior colors though.
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #23860
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Man 5 hour energy is the ****. I'm freaking out and loving wooooo!

Bonez where are you? Man I could go for some beach time right now!
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #23861
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Scott the beach is a better place without overweight white people like us, T-shirt tan lines are not sexy either. haha. Seriously Bonez why are you posting on here when you should be enjoying where you are.
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #23862
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Good morning everyone. Looks like rain and overcast for my morning;

Another rough day
Everybody here hates you.

Quote:
You are JUST NOW learning this? Dang.. and I thought you were pretty smart.
I learned it a long damn time ago. My conversation last night just reaffirmed it for me. I have said it before and I will say it again. All women are bat **** crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Yep I really miss the mileage of the tdi that is for sure.

They had $23,999 on the windshield on the lot though. Not too crazy about the interior colors though.
Yep, I got a horrible deal.

I find the mileage numbers funny. I easily get 42 combined and on my next road trip, I could probably get 50 if I don't have the cruise control set at 80 and am not jumping up to 90+ every ten minutes passing a truck.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #23863
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

yep vw is used to European thinking where you give conservative numbers... unlike american companies. IE my jeep is rated for 20mpg highway but the most that I have gotten is 18.

The best thing is getting the killer mpg while still driving in the fast lane!!
Unread 04-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #23864
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

So what do you slack assses have planned for this weekend? I would like to hit another trail...
Unread 04-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #23865
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Scott the beach is a better place without overweight white people like us, T-shirt tan lines are not sexy either. haha. Seriously Bonez why are you posting on here when you should be enjoying where you are.
Another reason smart phones are stupid! It's up there with people posting crap on their facebook while at a concert... Uhhhh wtf are you doing? You're at a concert stop f'ing around with your stupid phone! LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.