Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1586 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 04-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #23776
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Anybody have any suggestions on what I should paint my axle with?

Or should I just grab a can of gloss black rustoleum and call it a day?
Rustoleum is ideal so you can touch up anytime anywhere, but why gloss? Either way, I would toss a nice coat of primer on there as well even though it technically isn't as necessary with the Rustoleum.

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #23777
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

satin or flat. i wouldnt do gloss

i bought a can of the hammertone and i like it when it dries it gets hard like powder coat
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #23778
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

Whatcha doin up in Ely? We're in Carson City right now, getting ready to hit the road to go through the mountains, up through the Redwoods, then back down the 101 before cutting back over to Vegas. Weather up here is awesome, and not being at work is even more awesome :-)
I was passing through on my way home from Idaho. I stopped to make a phone call and then hopped on here for a couple minutes. Back to work today.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #23779
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Gloss I can clean up. **** is always going to be covered with grease and oil and dust.

Gloss should wipe clean flat will get all screwed up and look dirty even when clean, etc.

Isn't POR15 gloss?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #23780
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I had a buddy that bought a trailer that had been in the sun for years and was all faded black and paint cracked and peeling. He planned on chipping all the loose paint off but gave up after one side. He painted the whole thing with black rustoleum and it came out pretty good. It's been 2 yrs and it still shows no signs of peeling.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #23781
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hmmm it's going to be hard deciding which kind of badges to put on the Jeep

Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #23782
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza
Hmmm it's going to be hard deciding which kind of badges to put on the Jeep
Congrats on the purchase! That's gonna be a sweet swap!
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #23783
sirhk100

None of them... Let the exhaust tell the story!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #23784
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I vote #2
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #23785
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Agreed. Keep it sleeper.
Unread 04-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #23786
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Haha yea that's what will happen, I'm just bored. So far the hardest part I'm foreseeing with the swap is the AC. I have to have my cold air!! It looks like we will have to notch the frame on the passenger side, but that's not a biggie. And it's a good thing I don't have a pass. side upper link mount or AC wouldn't be an option. AND I'm still deciding 3.8 or 4.3 on the Atlas.
Unread 04-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #23787
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

that thing already is a beast, hard to imagine it being MORE beastly.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 04-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #23788
sirhk100

I've got a black toyota that honestly would make much better use of the engine and transmission. It'll cost you less too, I'll do the install myself. Maybe skip the atlas and buy me a 35 spline spool and axles though too while you're spending the cash. I'll give you rides in it!!! Maybe even let you drive it...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #23789
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
that thing already is a beast, hard to imagine it being MORE beastly.
Well, I like to drive my Jeep on the street a lot too. Unfortunately, I have tapped out what my drivetrain is capable of for overall drivability. Example...as soon as I get just past the gas station at Blue Diamond and 159(heading to Lovell Rd) I have to drop into 3rd gear, pedal down, RPM's around 4K just to maintain 50-55mph...SUCK, I drove my Jeep to CA a while back. Baker pass, I'm lucky if the 18wheelers aren't passing me in the truck lane.

4.0, 4spd auto, 5.38 gears...not much more I can do. A supercharger is a waste of $$, cost about 6K to do right, all your power is at high RPM's, and that's all if the stock engine bottom end lasts. So anything less than open throttle and the SC does nothing for you.

So my options were go to 35" tires for the street or put a 400hp engine in, I chose the latter
Unread 04-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #23790
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Well, I like to drive my Jeep on the street a lot too. Unfortunately, I have tapped out what my drivetrain is capable of for overall drivability. Example...as soon as I get just past the gas station at Blue Diamond and 159(heading to Lovell Rd) I have to drop into 3rd gear, pedal down, RPM's around 4K just to maintain 50-55mph...SUCK, I drove my Jeep to CA a while back. Baker pass, I'm lucky if the 18wheelers aren't passing me in the truck lane.

4.0, 4spd auto, 5.38 gears...not much more I can do. A supercharger is a waste of $$, cost about 6K to do right, all your power is at high RPM's, and that's all if the stock engine bottom end lasts. So anything less than open throttle and the SC does nothing for you.

So my options were go to 35" tires for the street or put a 400hp engine in, I chose the latter
Yeah it definitely seems to make sense with what do with it. Did you ever see the willys that belonged to the guy who bought the CJ from you?

He's got an LS from an escalade or yukon under the hood and said with his exhaust and tune it has ungodly amounts of power, but he gets over 20mpg in that thing and it just cruises all day at 70 with zero issues.

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.