Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1583 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #23731
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Man this thread took a step in the right direction. We need to get Andy drunk more often.
I agree!!! We need to give him LOTS of beer!

Sent from my Imagination

Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #23732
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Yo Khris you need to install a radiator into a TJ? i got a leaky one.....
Raptor0206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #23733
sirhk100

LOL, crap dude, you're seriously like a week too late! Depending how it's going though there's a slight chance I might need to actually. I'll probably know more a bit later. I just got out of a meeting discussing our radiators and we're going to be making some running changes/improvements on them. It would probably kill you to see my desk right now though... I've got a Drake, a misimoto, a be cool, and a brand new OEM radiator all sitting here leaning against the end of it.

What's in yours right now that's leaking? OE stock or a stock replacement unit?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #23734
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

OE I think looks old

i really didnt get a chance to look into it i had to go to work
Raptor0206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #23735
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

While I agree with the guys about the whole pre 2012 wrangler thing... I would say the price is ok if you can get him down to $9k. A little on the high side for the mileage, but everything else looks clean and in good shape. Where Jeeps differ from other cars on the high mileage is the more parts in the driveline that need fixing. For $9k on the current body style I would say go for it then just boost it to get the power up above the new 3.6's. On the flip side the brand spanking new 2 door sport goes for $22k... by the time you supercharge the older one you would be around $15k for something with almost 180k miles and 6 years older with no warranty.

Another thing that you could do is get someone rubi take offs and freshen up the susp. I think I saw a full set of control arms with shocks for around $150 the other day. Put some rubi take off wheels on and do a quick flip like you always do. If you wanted to go a little more hardcore on the cheap, do a budget boost, cut the fenders, and throw some 35's on there.
Unread 04-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #23736
sirhk100

Power, I found that other ballast! Lent it to a friend that was having issues with his setup to troubleshoot and kinda forgot he had it. He ordered a replacement ballast for his setup and will get it back to me asap. I'll let you know once I have it and get them to you to try out if you want to give them a shot to see if you like them or not.

Unread 04-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #23737
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I wonder what kind of shape Andy is in today? Maybe someone should remind him that he cant drink like he is in his 20's anymore.
Unread 04-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #23738
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Awful fitting, isn't it?

image-2781206153.jpg

Khris, yeah, I'll try them out. I'm trying to come up with a set of projectors though. Haven't even messed with the housings yet. If I can find projectors, I'll probably just epoxy them into the housings.
Unread 04-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #23739
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've got one more of these stickers. First dibs takes it...
Unread 04-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #23740
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I've got one more of these stickers. First dibs takes it...
Dibs

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #23741
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Cool, jut let me know when you'll be by, and it's yours.
Unread 04-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #23742
sirhk100

I'll let you know when I get that other ballast from my friend. Hopefully in a week or so I'd guess. He said he ordered his replacement yesterday. The truck hasn't even been on the road as far as I know since I lent him that ballast so it should still be virtually brand new.

Also... Got word the new front fenders I ordered for my expo are in so I should be able to get those picked up tomorrow afternoon and I can get them mounted up ASAP too! If things go really well I'll have fenders on, front engine cage fabbed up and done and maybe some interior stuff started by the end of this weekend. We'll see how much the parents slow me up though. LOL That would be sweet cause I'm also hoping to get my materials for the steering ordered tomorrow as well. I can get my passenger side steering swinger fabbed up early next week and be all ready to start setting that stuff up hopefully as soon as the materials show up... I'm saying it'll be drivable in 3 weeks, maybe less... Not finished but at least drivable. Actually I can slap the stock front bumper on it and the current rear bumper I have and other then white fenders it should look pretty much finished even though it won't be. Still gotta knock out the interior upgrades, rock sliders and rear bumper upgrades at that point. But... It'll be good to go! I'll actually probably knock out the rock sliders first right off the bat cause at that point it will be dirt worthy! Don't need the interior all swapped out or rear bumper plans finished to go hit the trails with it! That's all stuff that can be done on the fly while it's still drivable!

Yes, I'm getting a bit excited!!! Why? Well, EVERYTHING I've worked on since memorial day of last year has literally been for others. Jason's race truck, random stuff here and there for you guys and others, etc... I really honestly can't think of ANYTHING I've done on my own personal rides, toys, projects since then... So yeah, I'm a bit excited to finally have something rolling out of the garage that's actually mine! LOL Correct me if I'm wrong and have actually done work on my own stuff before about 3 weeks ago cause I sure can't remember anything...

Unread 04-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #23743
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
LOL, crap dude, you're seriously like a week too late! Depending how it's going though there's a slight chance I might need to actually. I'll probably know more a bit later. I just got out of a meeting discussing our radiators and we're going to be making some running changes/improvements on them. It would probably kill you to see my desk right now though... I've got a Drake, a misimoto, a be cool, and a brand new OEM radiator all sitting here leaning against the end of it.

What's in yours right now that's leaking? OE stock or a stock replacement unit?
Got any for V8 swaps?? Looks like CBR is at the top of my list.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #23744
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Speaking of stickers I have a few of these left if anyone wants one.

image-3151028342.jpg

Only about 2 inches but cool
Unread 04-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #23745
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Got any for V8 swaps?? Looks like CBR is at the top of my list.
LOL, blah blah blah whatever... But actually no we don't. Have you seen the Be Cool radiator's in person though? I can't imagine why they wouldn't work. Thise one sitting here next to me is pretty big and legit working. Not that ours aren't but... I guess depends where you need the inlet and outlets to be too though.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.