Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1580 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #23686
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Powr, the front is stationary and just has 4 bolts that you disco (They sell a quick disco kit though). Then it swings back. for top removal or fold down. I have 4 light tabs up front and 2 in the back. While the Gobi is expensive, they are built very stout, they have the best customer service, and they are made in the USA.

Unread 04-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #23687
sirhk100

Merrick, it sounds like the gun has more then enough room for other flavors. LOL, could fully stock up depending on what you could get access to! Honestly, having cold water on tap in the garage would be nice too! I would actually probably start drinking more water cause of that alone.

And a little mental planning. If I knock out the engine cage this week and then steering next week. I could be back to driving the expo in 2 weeks!!! While driving it I still need to do some interior swapping and also fab up the rock sliders and rear bumper stuff but still... That can all be done while it's being used as a daily driver! Won't lie, I'm a bit excited to think I might only have to DD my toyota for another 2-3 weeks. My parents roll into town today. Hoping tonight to get my steering system parts list completed so I can order parts on that tomorrow. Will hopefully start fabbing on the engine cage tomorrow night depending on what the parents have in store. They know my expo running before the heat kicks in is pretty high priority for me.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #23688
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

hi everybody

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #23689
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Hey khris I don't want to mess up your schedule or anything but I would love to help with fabbing up your sliders and bumpers. I don't have much experience in fabrication but would be happy to help in any way I can and pick up some experience.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #23690
sirhk100

Keep an eye open for when I'm getting to that part and you're more then welcome to come by and hang out. Puck was over on Sat afternoon when I was hacking up and lengthening my radius arms. He got to see how the bender and notcher work and also saw how I splice tubes together. It's far from professional. I really honestly just wing it working with very simple basic tools. Nothing crazy or exotic going down in my garage other then maybe a soda fountain setup eventually! LOL Actually 99% of the time I'm totally fine working solo but Puck being there Sat afternoon totally unplanned helped a TON cause I've got a feeling I'd still be there trying to fit my radius arms together if I didn't have that extra set of hands available!

A lot of the time it's more of just hanging out and watching me do stuff while BS'ing cause typically it's really only a one person job. Although, something like the rock sliders, I could see another set of hands for positioning and that kinda stuff being helpful.

Puck cruised by and was like "how can I help" and my reply was "grab a chair and hang out"... I eventually ended up using the help for sure though.

Unread 04-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #23691
sirhk100

I'm pretty sure I posted these quite a while back but this is a set of sliders I fabbed up for a friends FJ over a weekend while he was here in town. I'll probably do something similar on mine. They were bolt on and I'd like to do mine bolt on as well...

Unread 04-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #23692
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Sweet thanks. I've got some ideas for my jeep and I'm just lacking some experience. I'm sure ill learn a lot actually doing it to my **** box but I would like to not jump into it blind. After watching videos of people ripping off bumpers and sliders not properly attached I don't want that to be me.
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #23693
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG

Yeah because all I can get is boxes of syrup through my work, but we don't carry Mt. Dew. haha
They do at the MSU don't they? Could you sweet talk them out of one every now an then?
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #23694
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
After watching videos of people ripping off bumpers and sliders not properly attached I don't want that to be me.
LOL, not gonna say it won't happen to mine either though! I have some tools and I can stick metal together in random ways but I'm not always 100% confident my stuff is best. I haven't even really looked into what it's gonna take to do my sliders. Well, I've looked at it a little but still far from having a true game plan.

Unread 04-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #23695
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Andy, info, pics, price of said roof rack?
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #23696
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

LOL, not gonna say it won't happen to mine either though! I have some tools and I can stick metal together in random ways but I'm not always 100% confident my stuff is best. I haven't even really looked into what it's gonna take to do my sliders. Well, I've looked at it a little but still far from having a true game plan.
I've got some plans to do some unibody strengthening and I'm planning on picking up some HD control arm mounts and some protection but I have no experience. Still planning on doing an exo-cage some day from scratch but that will be a while.
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #23697
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
They do at the MSU don't they? Could you sweet talk them out of one every now an then?
That's all Aramark. I have no connect to them at all. But our Hotel college Catering uses Coke products, so I have an in there, sometimes.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #23698
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

hi everybody

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #23699
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
hi everybody
Hi Marn feeling lonley?
Unread 04-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #23700
sirhk100

Marn, just fired off an email asking whatup with da challenger page...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.