Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#3,142 ·
My brand new shock, not only busted, the piston snapped. Again, it wasn't a difficult trail at all. There wasn't anything technical about it. I had a hard time getting it out on the trail because of the angle and weight. It put stress on the bolts. After half an hour, it came out and we had a bouncy 10+ miles back to pavement and another 25+ miles back to 4 Wheel Parts.

They've always been great with their warranties. Delivery to my door in a couple days. Sucks to have to deal with this again. I haven't read anything negative about the shocks. Hopefully, it was just a fluke.

Attachments

#3,144 ·
Last picture of the day. This was one of the strangest things we've seen out here. On the way home on the interstate, I looked over and saw this. I have several pictures of it, but this one is the clearest. You all have my word this photo was not altered in any way other than resizing.

There is a dark line from the ground up or the other way around. It's not smoke. The wind was south to north and there was no distortion to the line at all. It's not a shadow. If it were a shadow, it would be narrow at the top and wider at the base.

Does anyone know what this is? Any theories, no matter how wacky would be appreciated too.

Attachments

#3,147 ·
Yeah, checked and double checked. I did read in the tech forum that some shocks didn't match the packaging, but the model number on the shocks matched the model on the packaging. I'm hoping they just had a bad material quality day.

The road we all went on that Saturday was way worse than the road we were on today.

#3,148 ·
Yeah, checked and double checked. I did read in the tech forum that some shocks didn't match the packaging, but the model number on the shocks matched the model on the packaging. I'm hoping they just had a bad material quality day.

The road we all went on that Saturday was way worse than the road we were on today.
I would say that it was bumpy. :laugh:

#3,151 ·
We considered that, but as we traveled down the interstate the position of the line never moved. That picture was taken from the passenger window facing east. The sun was already beginning to set which was west of our position. No way it could have been a shadow from the sun and there were no other light sources.

#3,158 ·
dang ysb, if it was not for bad luck you would not have any at all!!. Started to remind me of when I browsed through doc's build thread with all of the issues he had at first.
As with most things in my Jeep, a 20 minute job is at least an hour. Life could be better, but for the most part I still consider myself fortunate.

Have a look where it broke. There I am under the Jeep. Just past those posts is where it broke. That's not a rough area at all. I really am hoping it was just a material quality issue. At this point, I'm a little worried about replacing it with the same shock.

Oddly enough, with the exception of a few dips in the road, my Jeep felt much more comfortable without the shock.

Attachments

#3,159 ·
YouStupidBunny said:
Plumbers make good money and be happy you have a job in this town. :laugh:
Lol! It's not my WORK... It's the people that work in my office, that and customers who blame me for their home warranty company not covering all costs with a plumbing repair. I love my career dont get me wrong, it's sometimes I need to vent/scream cuz of inconsiderate people. Cant do it with my wife cuz she is the office manager where I work. It's my dispatcher and "office supervisor" who make it hard at the office.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.